Pages SuperGrid support

7 minutes ago, ibaker said:

Not sure why, maybe a setting somewhere, but using in v4.5 the images are not centered or resized:

It means the plugin CSS isn’t working at all. 

1. Make sure the plugin is turned on. 
  2. Remove everything from custom.css and try again. If it starts working then, you have problematic code in your custom.css. 
  • 3 weeks later...

I use Supergrid Frontpage on several databases on my site however I have one database called Classifieds that needs a slight change to the Supergrid Frontpage template. So I created a new database Template for Featured Records (index and entry templates) and  called it Classifieds_Frontpage.

I then assigned Classifieds_Frontpage to the database. I copied the contents of the index and entry templates from Supergrid Frontpage to Classifieds_Frontpage. Basically duplicating Supergrid Frontpage so I could make my changes in Classifieds_Frontpage for the Classifieds database.

However, the database, even though it has Classifieds_Frontpage selected in the Homepage Options, it displays Supergrid Frontpage.

I did this with Supergrid Listing to get a different category display and it worked perfectly but the same process with Supergrid Frontpage doesn't work.

How can I have 2 versions of Supergrid Frontpage assigned to different databases?

Edited by ibaker
1 hour ago, ibaker said:

How can I have 2 versions of Supergrid Frontpage assigned to different databases?

Not sure where you went wrong, but the process should definitely work as described. You can copy the template and customize them. There is also nothing special about the front page vs. other templates. 

Edited by opentype
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 12:05 PM, misfit76 said:

Is it possible to change the width of the box for the main text in the record display? 

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/models/bmw-1800-r24/

I have banner ads that are in the middle of the text and the common width is 728. It would be great if it can fit within the box.

Thank for the help,

Steve K.

Any help here is appreciated. I cannot seem to find where the width of the  sections.

Thank you!

Steve K.

1586059616_ScreenShot2020-12-07at6_48_33AM.thumb.png.9100a9113de64247d325e22060552760.png

These are sections based on the IPS grid system with the widths set as percentages.  If you create two new CSS classes to control the widths you can determine what widths you'd like them set at; copy these and add them to your custom CSS file:

This controls the left column - the width shown is what it is currently set at.

.SG_record_left.ipsGrid_span3.ipsSpacer_top.ipsType_right.ipsResponsive_hidePhone {
    width: 23.404255319148934% !important;
}

This controls the right and similarly it is shown with the current width setting.

.SG_record_right_with_image.ipsGrid_span9.ipsAreaBackground_reset {
    width: 74.46808510638297% !important;
}

By changing the width percentages, you can determine how wide each of them will be; a little experimentation will get you where you want to be.

Hope this helps 🙂

Edited by Davyc
1 hour ago, Davyc said:

These are sections based on the IPS grid system with the widths set as percentages.  If you create two new CSS classes to control the widths you can determine what widths you'd like them set at; copy these and add them to your custom CSS file:

This controls the left column - the width shown is what it is currently set at.

.SG_record_left.ipsGrid_span3.ipsSpacer_top.ipsType_right.ipsResponsive_hidePhone {
    width: 23.404255319148934% !important;
}

This controls the right and similarly it is shown with the current width setting.

.SG_record_right_with_image.ipsGrid_span9.ipsAreaBackground_reset {
    width: 74.46808510638297% !important;
}

By changing the width percentages, you can determine how wide each of them will be; a little experimentation will get you where you want to be.

Hope this helps 🙂

Thank you very much!!! This worked perfectly.

• 4 weeks later...

thanks! would be a cool feature. do you think a dev could create a plugin for the pages mod so this was an option? like a tick box that says "make this record an external link?" ...sort of like the menu manager.

edit:

I PM'd a dev on this!

Edited by Jaymez
9 hours ago, pequeno said:

The "Fallback image URL" dont´show in article view? Because in my case not appear in header article.

Yes, that is intentional. If there is no dedicated image for the article, there is no point in wasting so much space on the article page. In the listing view, the space is used with or without an article image, so the fallback image makes more sense there. 

On 9/11/2019 at 6:19 AM, ibaker said:

Try this:

In the pages template Supergrid Recorddisplay -> record you will find an instance of "ipsGrid_span3" about line 16 change this to ipsGrid_span2

Next about line 30 you will find "ipsGrid_span9" change this to ipsGrid_span10

See if that solves your issue enough

Thanks! @ibaker Good solution.

I used this in css.custom and not modify templates:

.ipsGrid:not([data-ipsgrid-minitemsize]) >.ipsGrid_span3 {
  grid-column:span 2 !important;
   }
.ipsGrid:not([data-ipsgrid-minitemsize]) >.ipsGrid_span9 {
  grid-column:span 10 !important;
   }