Pages SuperGrid support

I will update that in a future maintenance release. (When I started to supported the category images, it didn’t have its own storage location)

For now, the best solution is to just match the storage location settings, so that app’s location matches the default location where the images are actually ending up in. 

6 hours ago, opentype said:

I will update that in a future maintenance release. (When I started to supported the category images, it didn’t have its own storage location)

For now, the best solution is to just match the storage location settings, so that app’s location matches the default location where the images are actually ending up in. 

Fair enough.  I have it working for now, and it looks great. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rolf,

I was wondering if you know of a way to set a record image when importing from an RSS Feed into Pages? The RSS type of feed I’m using is just the one exported by IPS Blog.

At the moment I am using Import (as attachments).

Could contain: Text, Page

In Pages > Database > Fields the Record Image is enabled.

Could contain: Text

I have Supergrid set up with a fallback image (the pattern texture) and that gets used in the listing template automatically…

Could contain: File, Webpage

but although images import fine into the post article content, no featured record image is used such as the first image found in the content.

Edited by The Old Man
11 minutes ago, The Old Man said:

I was wondering if you know of a way to set a record image when importing from an RSS Feed into Pages?

I haven’t used this feature, but it doesn’t seem to be supported. It would a new option to map the entry image (if available) to the record image. If that were available, it would work without or without SuperGrid. The template would be irrelevant. If you start a feature request topic for it, I would certainly support it. 😉  

Interestingly, it already works the other way around. I push content from Pages databases to forum topics on other communities and the record image is made part of the feed and appears in the topics. 

When I manually create a test article from scratch without adding a record image, it doesn’t use the fallback image configured in the Supergrid plugin settings.

Could contain: File, Person, Text, Face, Head, Webpage

I do have Use fallback image, fallback image url and hero image set but it only shows the fallback image in the category listings view, not the actual record view, so I presume it’s the same cause no matter whether the article was imported or created manually.

Could contain: File, Webpage, Person, Text

Could contain: File, Text, Webpage

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@opentype I can't figure out how to use the rest api to add a record image to new entries. Maybe this is not supported by the API?

setting it as 

$image['article']=file_get_contents($img_url)
$fields['record_image']=$image;

or 

$image['article']=file_get_contents($img_url)
$fields['image']=$image;

does not appear to work. But I think we can create a new custom field and upload images there or even maybe set a url field and use that as a record image url. So, is there a way to set that new custom field as the default record image field in a way so the images would appear within the records/articles, in meta data, rss etc.?

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, virap1 said:

So, is there a way to set that new custom field as the default record image field in a way so the images would appear within the records/articles, in meta data, rss etc.?

No, that would not be a good idea. You better stick to the record image. But accessing it through the REST API would be a core/IPS issue. I can’t help with that. 

• 1 month later...

@opentype: Would you be able to tell me the steps that I would need to follow and the code I would need to add so that when I clicked on "Article Actions", a 'Promote' function would show?

I don't have the option within my template. If you could tell me the code for it and where to place it - I would be very grateful.

5 hours ago, Joey_M said:

@opentype: Would you be able to tell me the steps that I would need to follow and the code I would need to add so that when I clicked on "Article Actions", a 'Promote' function would show?

I don't have the option within my template. If you could tell me the code for it and where to place it - I would be very grateful.

It’s normally done with a dedicated button. 

{template="promote" app="core" group="global" params="$record"}

3 hours ago, LYM3R said:

How do you make the title bold and larger?

I want the size, color and boldness like this:

The only setting is the background color. Everything else is inherited from the theme and needs to be customized there. But that isn’t part of the SuperGrid support. Sorry. 

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, The Old Man said:

Please can you clarify if you will be supporting this?

Support is handled manually here via PM or through my site. For a support request, the purchase key should be added to the request. I have no plans of moving my products and their purchases to my site at the moment. I don’t really expect further sales or support issues to justify this. I will just deal with the few request that might come in manually. 
I might start offering 5.x products on my site if what I do is still possible with 5.x. We will see. 

Thanks for the clarification!

I think you will still have orders for it. It's really useful, well regarded and people will be using v4 for a while yet, although obviously, that will diminish over time.

I wondered how we could still access it or re-install it in IPS4, once the MP has gone if it isn't available on your site instead.

Hi @opentype

I noticed that my Supergrid templates are all showing as modified, no idea why. I'm using v3.2.0 downloaded from the Marketplace and have never modified them.

If I compare to default, they are definitely different. Here's 2 examples, I wondered if you could tell me which is the latest that I should keep? Some of the newer modified templates seem to have csrf checks and things that the 'default' don't have.

Many thanks!

Could contain: Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Monitor, Screen, Text

Could contain: Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Monitor, Screen, File, Text