Pages SuperGrid support

5 minutes ago, sadams101 said:

It seems to be intermittent, as sometimes the cache seems fine, but other times it breaks.

Even more proof, that is a different issue. 

5 minutes ago, sadams101 said:

Is there any way I can make this article widen out to the full page?

Nope. 

Hello,

i em using 2 templates on my site, one is white and other one is dark.

Background on white template in article in ok.

But i have problems with dark template background in article is white. When i change color to dark background in article, is stupid when somebody use white theme.

Is it possible to change this do theme default color? 

1 hour ago, kefalo said:

Is it possible to change this do theme default color? 

That’s what I did originally, but it caused all sorts of problems, since I have no control or knowledge of what the theme is actually doing. So I had to enforce a color in the end. 

You could override it in your theme’s custom.css if it doesn’t look good:
.SG_record_right_with_image { background-color: #777777; }
Or if that doesn’t work:
.SG_record_right_with_image { background-color: #777777 !important; }

Love this plug in.   Mad that I didn't find it sooner.  haha

Question.... should your block template look different than stock?  It does not in my case... everything else is an improvement.  Could be I'm not doing something right but can't figure out what.   Your example pics don't cover blocks so I'm not sure.  I'm hoping to improve my database record feed.   

Edit -- figured it out.  Working.   

Would love to see an in-between look for the database feed block...   like a listing with a thumbnail etc.  I think the big graphics look better than a listing, but I don't see the description above it, such as "Most recent additions"  or "Highest viewed .... " etc.   so user knows that they are seeing in the feed.  

Edited by fourday
5 minutes ago, Steph Jensen said:

Just a quick question. I have a block that i use on some of my pages, to list blog posts. This works and looks great, but i would like the image of each blog post to be clickable too, and not only the blog title. Is this an easy/quick fix?

Yeah, there is a switch for that in the plugin settings. 

589037431_Screenshot_2019-04-29Plugins.thumb.png.8e5f265371f8f435dd586fdde7edf27f.png @opentype sorry i am probably doing something wrong, or i am in the wrong place, but i already had this checked, It seems to work well on the blogs page, but the custom block on the front page, that lists blog posts isn't working the same way. Maybe i am asking on the wrong place? I am slightly confused now...

The page is here but if you go to the front page, the blog posts, don't have clickable images. Sorry if i am asking something that i should ask in annother place

• 2 weeks later...

I think that your plugin is very good. But its 2019 it need some fixes for mobile. Modern websites with articles like:
https://antyweb.pl
https://www.spidersweb.pl

and others have much bigger font on mobile. Also cover photo is bigger. On your plugin it looks good on desktop, but on mobile it can be better:

supergrid.jpg.abdafd054c632b7f2ee7edea5d059f93.jpg

Please look at this demo. Font can bet bigger, but the main issue is image - its cut and don't look good. It should be bigger in horizontal.

2 hours ago, wegorz23 said:

But its 2019 it need some fixes for mobile.

This suggest, I wouldn’t have built this with mobile in mind, which is flat out wrong. 

Modern websites with articles like:

and others have much bigger font on mobile.

That’s …

• a) a matter of taste. One could also argue, that space is precious on mobile devices and that having a headline taking up 70% of an iPhone screen (like your examples) is a terrible thing to do. 
  • b) My template usually use theme classes, which means I do not control the font sizes. They come from the theme and are changed through the theme. 

Also cover photo is bigger.

That can be changed in the SuperGrid settings. (Hero image aspect ratio)

Edited by opentype
On 5/10/2019 at 5:24 PM, opentype said:

This suggest, I wouldn’t have built this with mobile in mind, which is flat out wrong. 

Sorry, don't get me wrong. It's not attack for you. Plugin is great, and its not bad on mobile, but it can be even better - thats my point.

• a) a matter of taste. One could also argue, that space is precious on mobile devices and that having a headline taking up 70% of an iPhone screen (like your examples) is a terrible thing to do. 
  • b) My template usually use theme classes, which means I do not control the font sizes. They come from the theme and are changed through the theme. 

Yes, the original size of IPS is also to tiny. I know, is the matter of taste, but there are some standards. Even original IPS production blog... have bigger font that there give us in pages/blogs - 

and bigger cover photo 🙂

That can be changed in the SuperGrid settings. (Hero image aspect ratio)

But how to set it proper? We have set it on 50 and it looks not so bad on desktop:

hero50.thumb.png.add9ac2b0027a204d0f78d8ff97d0ec3.png

hero2_50.thumb.png.563289773a3c42964d384675d4a7e792.png

After chaning it to 100 is worst:

hero100.thumb.png.52071d0ae72567efc814bc8c6d00c1d2.png

hero_2_100.thumb.png.ce7014ee4c6832a0a761f9dc0a6ef1bd.png

And please look now on mobile (50 aspect ratio):

It looks diffrent then 50 on desktop - its cut  more:

Screenshot_20190513-105541_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190513-105601_Chrome.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Fighting 13th said:

Can this be used with SuperDocs? I.e. the database homepage being Superdocs template, and then each category would be the SuperGrid category template.

Yes and no. You can use both at once. I do that on the demo page as well. The first block shows articles: https://www.opentype.space/superblocks/

But SuperBlocks is a block template, not a Pages database template. So you can’t assign it to a Pages database homepage as you suggest. 

Just now, opentype said:

Yes and no. You can use both at once. I do that on the demo page as well. The first block shows articles: https://www.opentype.space/superblocks/

But SuperBlocks is a block template, not a Pages database template. So you can’t assign it to a Pages database homepage as you suggest. 

Wow, speedy reply, thank you 🙂

No, I mean SuperGrid with Superdocs, not super block. I.e.  Superdocs database category listing > Supergrid record list within the category.

• 1 month later...

When I chose not to use the hero image, the article image on iPhone 7 makes the article title squeeze in a very small space, very bad looking and bad to read. Could you please address this issue in the next release or show a simple way to solve this? Thanks!!

On 7/5/2019 at 2:33 AM, opentype said:

The image shouldn’t interact with the title at all. 

You are right. The problem is within the text when the hero image is off. Hero image looks good on desktops, but not as good on phones. And when it is off, the article text does not look good. Could you please take a time on phone's template to make it even better? Thanks!

IMG-7994.JPG

Edited by sobrenome