Pages SuperGrid support

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2018 at 1:37 AM, AlexWebsites said:

Try this in custom.css

body[data-pageapp="cms"][ data-pagelocation="front"][data-pagemodule="pages"][ data-pagecontroller="page"] .ipsType_normal:not( .ipsType_richText ) {
  font-size: 8px;
  text-transform: capitalize;
}

Hello, I'd like to achieve 1 simple thing - to increase the font size of the article text. I have taken this code and changed it into this:

body[data-pageapp="cms"][ data-pagelocation="front"][data-pagemodule="pages"][ data-pagecontroller="page"] .ipsType_richText.ipsType_normal {font-size: 15px;}

body[data-pageapp="cms"][ data-pagelocation="front"][data-pagemodule="pages"][ data-pagecontroller="page"] .ipsType_richText.ipsType_normal {font-size: 15px;}

It worked. But please tell me if this way is the correct way to achieve this? Perhaps such a code may have an effect where it would change font size not only in Article text but also somewhere else too? @AlexWebsites @opentype thanks 🙂

Hello,

There is a minor problem when running SuperGrid templates 3.1.0 and SuperHelp templates 1.4.0 on Invision 4.4.7. The problem arises because in one of the releases Invision changed the default namespace so that references to the 'count' function no longer default to the PHP function (in the root namespace '\') but default to the relevant IPS namespace. The solution is to force all references to the PHP count function to be the root namespace by using '\count' instead of 'count'.

1. When using IN_DEV mode any access to SuperGrid or SuperHelp pages results in an exception and the message that for performance reasons references to 'count' should be replaced with references to '\count'. This means that I cannot test any of the SuperGrid or SuperHelp pages on my test system except by switching in and out of IN_DEV mode.

2. When running in 'normal' mode the software appears to run correctly. But, presumably there is a performance hit. That is, in normal mode references to 'count' are still not going directly to the PHP function but are being caught by an Invision function which then calls the PHP function by forcing a reference to the root namespace.

Thanks and regards,

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I wonder how do I change this view when I click on the parent category "News"?

I wish to have that nice view this plugin makes. 2 big articles and 3 small afterwards?

@opentype

yBrKBqk.png

I have edited Listing Template and Display Template to use SuperGird listing and recordDisplay in parent category edit page but it does not work

Edited by Maxxius
4 minutes ago, Maxxius said:

Hello, I wonder how do I change this view when I click on the parent category "News"?

I wish to have that nice view this plugin makes. 2 big articles and 3 small afterwards?

Not really sure what you are asking. 

My guess is that you are opening a category (“news”) that doesn’t have articles, but only sub categories (test news, test2 news …). 
In which case you get a list of sub categories. That’s perfectly normal. It’s how Pages works and there is no way around that. It’s like opening a folder on your computer. If there are just other folders in there, that’s all that you will see. 

Hi opentype - I want to change the font size in my articles without this changing the font size for the front page article titles etc...

When I put this in my custom.css, for some reason the text of my titles gets bigger on the front page. I can't figure this out. 

.ipsType_normal {
font-size: 16px;
}

Question: Is there a way to adjust the font size my articles or forum topics without changing the size of the titles on the SuperGrid front page?

If this isn't an SG thing but an IPS thing outside your realm I'll understand. Thanks in advance. 

On 10/13/2019 at 12:35 PM, Maxxius said:

Hello, I'd like to achieve 1 simple thing - to increase the font size of the article text. I have taken this code and changed it into this:

It worked. But please tell me if this way is the correct way to achieve this? Perhaps such a code may have an effect where it would change font size not only in Article text but also somewhere else too? @AlexWebsites @opentype thanks 🙂

@Chris027 try my code above.

Regards Ralph,

For record display, mobile view cuts off way too much of the article image. For articles it's really important to view the entire image box. Using "css cover" I can understand some of the image will be lost, I adjust for that before uploading the image, I can't adjust for the excessive amount missing however when going into mobile view and the overlay taking that much away. In mobile view we should be able to see the entire image box imo. For now I"ll switch back to IPB's default record display template, but hope you will look into this? I like the format of your record display much better in mobile than IPB's.

mobileview-cutoff-fb.thumb.jpg.85aca71b228a6f49d8f46bfa12474876.jpg

Besides the overlay covering the image, an adjustment to turn article/record image off in mobile entirely would be nice too. I could use that feature in another database I have and some news sites don't use images at all in mobile.

Kind Regards

Edited by DesignzShop
edited image
28 minutes ago, DesignzShop said:

For articles it's really important to view the entire image box.

You can change the aspect ratio in the plugin settings depending on your needs, both for the listing and the record view. I probably won’t do more than that. If one uploads a portrait-mode image as a header and it would scale to the full width and height, that would look really bad. Forcing a certain size is a good compromise for this type of header use and it’s standard practice (e.g. for news sites). 

• 1 month later...

Just bought/installed this plugin and it's excellent out of the box!

One small tweak I'd like to make if it's possible... in the 'record' view, the container with the author/date and the content itself is aligned to the right. Is there a way for me to align this whole container to the center instead?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, levsha said:

Hi! I'm having trouble randomizing my block entries. I have 12 articles, in the block I want to display only 3 entries, how do I make them appear in random order?

You set the block to show a higher value (e.g. 25) and then limit the entries through the SuperGrid settings like so:

1216982367_Bildschirmfoto2020-01-08um07_32_05.thumb.png.69596990f4919a2438f8302149916b0d.png