Self Hosted Zapier

1 hour ago, Ocean West said:

I type in Zap in to the ACP search it takes me there but nothing to configure.

Are you running PHP in CGI mode? If so, then the option won't appear.

For now at least, to use Zapier you need to run PHP in so-called "module" mode (depending on OS), or in whatever is the appropriate non-CGI mode for your server.

1 minute ago, Ocean West said:

I am my own hosting company I need instructions. 

Unfortunately this is not something I am able to provide personally. I can move this to our customer hardware support area as there may be someone on here who is able to assist you with that who has a similar setup. I dont have one to hand personally I would be able to take a look at

Doing some quick looking around, it looks like these are the WHM instructions for setting up PHP instances

https://docs.cpanel.net/whm/software/multiphp-manager-for-whm/

On 9/23/2021 at 4:49 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

You would need to contact your hosting company to see where you would set this up on your particular set up. 

On 9/23/2021 at 4:59 PM, Ocean West said:

I am my own hosting company I need instructions. 

Always vague replies. That doesn't help. I am having the same issues and nobody is helping me. I am even paying for priority support. Not a hint. What's the point of launching Zapier for self-hosted communities if you don't tell us the most common configurations for the most common panels? That' what I would do if I launched a new service.

If a new service is launched, the company that launches it should offer support and know how to handle support requests. Launching all the balls outside and referring them to somewhere else doesn't help at all.

On 9/21/2021 at 9:59 PM, Mark H said:

Are you running PHP in CGI mode? If so, then the option won't appear.

For now at least, to use Zapier you need to run PHP in so-called "module" mode (depending on OS), or in whatever is the appropriate non-CGI mode for your server.

And what about those who are running on NGINX? No Zapier ever? Or there is planned support for that?

10 hours ago, kims79 said:

Zapier just doesn't work, even when using php in : 
-FASTCGI
-CGI
-FPM
-FPM Nginx
Still getting the error message 3C414/1....

FPM (FastCGI Process Manager) is still a CGI mode.  Per the instructions, you cannot use CGI mode.  So that means those methods above would not be appropriate.  I have not tried this myself, but my guess is you need to run PHP as a CLI.  

If you're using cPanel, I'd assume this would be appropriate for you:

https://docs.cpanel.net/ea4/php/easyapache4-and-the-ea-php-cli-package/

https://docs.cpanel.net/ea4/php/introduction-to-php/

In looking at the docs, I noticed CLI has a different path than the normal CGI.  So you might need to account for that also.  

• 2 weeks later...

And what prevents IPS from providing those rewrites for nginx? You said many people use it so why not support it if it just takes to come up with some sort of rewrites once? That is if in fact the only thing that's stopping it from working are rewrites.