Implement IPS FAQ

kmk

1 minute ago, Daniel F said:

It's just the pages app with some custom templates and js code.

Can you shared it ? we have the pages, but we are not coder and need some little things like that to make our ips site better....

23 hours ago, Daniel F said:

It's just the pages app with some custom templates and js code.

That's sounds little easy, anyone can shared this little tutorial how to do? With this I hope can learn a little related how to use my Pages app. 

We would need to know exactly what you want to achieve and then spend time (maybe hours?) developing the code, testing the code, showing it to you and maybe add further feature requests and so on and so forth. That’s NOT a little tutorial. You won’t get that for free. 

If you really want to learn it, google “Accordion css” or something like that. “Accordion” is the name for this effect. 

1 minute ago, kmk said:

That's sounds little easy, anyone can shared this little tutorial how to do? With this I hope can learn a little related how to use my Pages app. 

Life isn't easy and I guess nobody will present you a complete solution just to download and install. Basically you only need to look into the source code of the FAQ page, copy over the html part used for the FAQ part and include the css and js from the links given above into a IPS page. If you don't know how this works you can hire a dev like Tom suggested it to you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, you guys have this FAQ so cool, why not implementing into the core? This is something will be helpfully for us, or you can collect some extra money for coffee release it like an extra plugin if you think that so much free for us... :huh:

In my case I would like apply samething for my forums rules, that will help my forum look at better, avoiding the rules occupy all mobile screen space, if the user want read all information then click to expand the message box... I think use this practice in IPS standard design is modern, efficient and good user experience. 

See one of the scene I can imagine:

IMG_20181216_135250.thumb.jpg.eb3e84704f4da056ff503c7cd8fb4cf5.jpgIMG_20181216_135528.thumb.jpg.931c9cf76c07f37ad8bcfce2ee7a88bc.jpg

• 2 years later...
8 hours ago, Jimi Wikman said:

If you just want a few FAQ quick and dirty, then this is possible by creating multiple blocks. It's nothing fancy, but it works 🙂

https://jimiwikman.se/faq/

The code for it can be found here:
https://codepen.io/jimiwikman/pen/GREqGgw

Nice!!

We do have a brand new FAQ page on our website refresh out soon. It's more pre-sales related questions versus platform-related, but we do want to create something like that as well as beef up our Help Guides in the future :]