Trophies and Medals - Supporttopic

I just updated to 4.3.1.  I'm still getting multiple background processes.  Is this normal?

image.png.13a554b02320cbea74b121715dd62c7e.png

I'm also getting an error.  It seems to be isolated to a single member (maybe more, but his is the one I'm seeing right now).  He gets this strange info in his postbit.   You can see the thread here:  http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/forums/topic/29288-for-heppnerguy/

image.png.5b40d76ccb485bd21571ff88b41d010e.png

When you try to go to his profile, it gives the error below.  You can go to his profile here:  http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/profile/1274-dwsudekum/

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/applications/trophies/sources/Trophy/MemberTrophy.php(86): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(30)
#1 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(307): IPS\trophies\Trophy\_MemberTrophy->get_item()
#2 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/applications/trophies/extensions/core/StreamItems/Award.php(53): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->__get('item')
#3 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/system/Content/Search/Results.php(646): IPS\trophies\extensions\core\StreamItems\_Award->extraItems(Object(IPS\Member), 1525466570, NULL)
#4 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(237): IPS\Content\Search\_Results->addExtraItems(Array, Object(IPS\Member))
#5 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->manage()
#6 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(65): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#8 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

When I try to look at the Trophies log, I sort by name and tried to find his log entries.  When I get to that page, I get this error:

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/applications/trophies/modules/admin/trophies/log.php(71): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(30)
#1 [internal function]: IPS\trophies\modules\admin\trophies\_log->IPS\trophies\modules\admin\trophies\{closure}(30, Array)
#2 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/system/Helpers/Table/Db.php(417): call_user_func(Object(Closure), 30, Array)
#3 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(485): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Db->getRows(Array)
#4 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/applications/trophies/modules/admin/trophies/log.php(115): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#5 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\trophies\modules\admin\trophies\_log->manage()
#6 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/applications/trophies/modules/admin/trophies/log.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\trophies\modules\admin\trophies\_log->execute()
#8 /home3/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/1274/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Edited by rayzir
11 hours ago, rayzir said:

I just updated to 4.3.1.  I'm still getting multiple background processes.  Is this normal?

image.png.13a554b02320cbea74b121715dd62c7e.png

I'm also getting an error.  It seems to be isolated to a single member (maybe more, but his is the one I'm seeing right now).  He gets this strange info in his postbit.   You can see the thread here:  http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/forums/topic/29288-for-heppnerguy/

image.png.5b40d76ccb485bd21571ff88b41d010e.png

When you try to go to his profile, it gives the error below.  You can go to his profile here:  http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/profile/1274-dwsudekum/

When I try to look at the Trophies log, I sort by name and tried to find his log entries.  When I get to that page, I get this error:

Could I probably get ACP access to see why it's broken for you?

12 hours ago, Fosters said:

Could I probably get ACP access to see why it's broken for you?

I sent you a PM.

I looked at the dashboard and there's only one background process going.  I have been watching it for a bit.  When it completed, a few minutes later, it started again.

Thanks for looking!

On 5/14/2018 at 9:37 PM, LinkMania said:

Hello, did @Fosters help you? I am still having the same problem, had to disable the plugin since it filled database log table with gigabytes of data..

I've been out for the last few days, but he's currently looking into it.  I'm trying to get him the proper access so he can look under the hood.  I still have my plugin running.  It is no longer running multiple instances of "Updating Trophies," but it's constantly running in the background.  I'd expect it to run once, then only trigger when a particular member earned a trophy or medal instead of constantly scouring the user database.

The strange error message still seems to be isolated to a single member (or I haven't found any others yet).  It shows up strange on his bit box and I can't access his member profile without an error.  But since it's isolated to one person, I'm keeping the plugin running for diagnostic purposes.

I look forward to hearing a solution.  I really like the app and my members really appreciate it.  But if it causes undue stress on the server or errors on member profiles, there's not much I can do other than uninstall.  ?

19 hours ago, rayzir said:

It is no longer running multiple instances of "Updating Trophies," but it's constantly running in the background.  I'd expect it to run once, then only trigger when a particular member earned a trophy or medal instead of constantly scouring the user database.

That's not how it works.

There#s no way to tell when a member really earned a trophy then to iterate over all trophies and members and see if they meet any rule.

So this means that we finally fixed the real issue which caused that more and more background tasks were initialized before others were finished:) At least one step forward:)

9 hours ago, Blisslandia said:

Any plans to include CLUBS as part of this? I would love to award a trophy for when someone joins a club (and remove it if they are no longer part of that club).

Please let me know if this is possible to build - willing to pay for upgrade!

That's quite complex and not something what we'll be accomplish with trophies. This would probably work with a medal in combination with the rules app

Just now, Fosters said:

That's quite complex and not something what we'll be accomplish with trophies. This would probably work with a medal in combination with the rules app

so you would recommend in order to accomplish this, purchase rules app and use your app with it?

Just now, Blisslandia said:

so you would recommend in order to accomplish this, purchase rules app and use your app with it?

Isn't there a free version also available? BTW, no I wouldn't recommend purchasing it, I only advised it because I thought that it's free:D

To be honest, we have our own events/rules application for our premium client which supports all our applications, but haven't released it to the public because we're too busy and couldn't provide global support for it.

8 minutes ago, Archimed said:

I have club and I have medals for members who join the club. I don't remember how I do that, but I can take a look and tell you

Inter_Club.thumb.png.13051606040cbbced52e7a5e1ce9b0db.png

That's the default criteria which is indeed already included by default:) So if you're member of a club, you'll get it, but there's no rule for if club = X or remove the trophy when the member left the club

What @Blisslandia is requesting is a "realtime" member joined and member left trophy criteria (action) , correct?

BTW, as you see, we have already criteria "actions" in mind(we have them already but that's part of our event app), which will run on realtime without the need to rely on the cron task, this is going to be a HUGE improvement;)

Edited by Fosters
3 minutes ago, Archimed said:

But it's seems like realtime. If someone join a club, he get his trophy directly on our board ?

It seems, but it isn't;)
And when he leaves it, he won't lose the trophy because once you get a trophy, you don't lose it except it's being replaced by another?

Edited by Fosters
8 hours ago, Fosters said:

That's the default criteria which is indeed already included by default:) So if you're member of a club, you'll get it, but there's no rule for if club = X or remove the trophy when the member left the club

What @Blisslandia is requesting is a "realtime" member joined and member left trophy criteria (action) , correct?

BTW, as you see, we have already criteria "actions" in mind(we have them already but that's part of our event app), which will run on realtime without the need to rely on the cron task, this is going to be a HUGE improvement;)

I would like the ability for - joined club X? get club X award of some kind. Leave Club x? gets replaced.

What I hear you saying is there is no way to do that right now?

On 5/19/2018 at 8:02 PM, Blisslandia said:

I would like the ability for - joined club X? get club X award of some kind. Leave Club x? gets replaced.

On 5/19/2018 at 8:02 PM, Blisslandia said:

Exactly. But it's coming ?

The Basics

• Trophies - Trophies are automatically awarded based upon criteria.  The criteria are defined by the admin in the ACP.
  • Medals - Medals are manually awarded by moderators, administrators, or groups who have permission. Medals are assigned on the front-end.

How do I assign groups, that are not moderators or administrators, to manually give out Medals?

Version 1.4.1.

Just now, GrooveOnBeat said:

How do I assign groups, that are not moderators or administrators, to manually give out Medals?

Version 1.4.1.

ACP => Members. => MOderators
Create a new moderator group and grant them ONLY medal permissions ?

On 5/22/2018 at 7:02 AM, Blisslandia said:

Well that's exciting! What's your timeframe?

There's none ?
It can be everything, from 1 week to 2 months.
The base is already done and being tested by 2 premium clients:)