Trophies and Medals - Supporttopic

Could i get probably the URL to your forum to take a look at the theme to see why it's outside? And then I could also run the iAwards conversion for you if you want:) (It's a hidden site which isn't linked anywhere because nobody except you wanted and needed this feature, so it's really not tested on that many live sites) People just re-created the trophies , set the same criteria and people were automatically awarded again:D

Edited by Fosters
1 hour ago, Guitar Gathering said:

I'm considering purchasing this app.  But, what do the trophies and medals look like?  Are there default ones in the app?  Can we upload others?

Hi,

I bought this app recently as I couldn't wait any longer for IPS to announce the addition of this type of functionality and ideally needed something to help give a boost to my sole remaining active forum community. I realised as soon as I installed it that it doesn't actually come with any to get you started, not that it claims to. It's a great offering though possibly a framework or toolkit ready to go.

It doesn't come with any 'out of the box' image content or some of those cool, fun sounding and motivational award descriptions like you see on Lithium or in the Fitbit app for example (with those colourful badges - see below!). However in fairness whilst this is a bit disappointing at first, it is ready and geared up from the outset to accept your own trophies, medals or badges, or you can use Font Awesome icons with it. I'm hoping Font Awesome 5 or the promised bonus icons that come with FA5 Pro will bring more variety of icons for use as trophies, badges and awards, but I've not had the time yet to trawl or make my own. Sadly I haven't seen anything in the Marketplace either yet.

So allthough I've found some online videos showing you how to make nice community awards with Adobe Illustrator (which I don't have and I'm not an artist or graphic designer!), it's purely my own fault, I haven't got it up and running yet and not the fault of what looks like a great mod.

I know a talented theme artist like Sherri @IBTheme would be able to create some amazing hand drawn awards and badges, wouldn't it be great if she teamed up with Fosters to add some ready to go awards and trophies, or custom award and badge packs.

Soley for possible inspiration...

Example of some of the Lithium style built-in awards...

image.jpeg.9ccded9df245235383f2d71cd359726e.jpeg

Lithium albeit a different type of CMS platform posted some interesting blog articles way back in 2014 about the theory of gamification, hopefully I'm okay to post some links if anyone's interested in learning more about the science and thinking in terms of community engagement using awards and trophies...

https://community.lithium.com/t5/Science-of-Social-Blog/Intrinsic-vs-Extrinsic-Rewards-and-Their-Differences-from/ba-p/128969

https://www.lithium.com/products/online-communities/gamification

https://community.lithium.com/t5/Lithium-s-View-Blog/Announcing-Lithium-Premium-Gamification-with-Lithium-Badges/ba-p/130569

https://community.lithium.com/t5/Lithium-s-View-Blog/Badges-Beta-Live-on-Lithosphere/ba-p/127917

But I digress...

Some much nicer looking Fitbit style badges, for further inspiration...

D6AFBE62-4916-4F48-BDD8-6D40E2F12E95.thumb.png.76fffff0890b79e7dab3fdb5fb4a8723.png E520BCF5-2FCA-4DF4-B86F-9BB009AAF175.thumb.png.75ceadd55cd598bee9909535fc0c7a72.png 8828D43C-4CC2-4DD6-BD58-1A7D693ABEEC.thumb.png.479b86ea46d9734033bd7a9566f4af18.png 7DBC689A-1776-4AA4-B182-2306A34FC945.thumb.png.c17d1da34cf4a6c259e32b042b3d0571.png CE580D71-821E-49B2-9702-ECE55880CBE8.thumb.png.2d9f9e2d76bebc4d1115de3707855ac5.png 

Full list...

https://blog.fitbit.com/fitbit-badges/

Edited by The Old Man

Absolutely, I totally understand that, a dark gaming themed site for example wouldn't have any use for bright, cute designs. The app itself seems brilliant to me, for many community sites its a must have just like an emoticon manager is.

I was able to add an award named Icebreaker (for posting a first piece of content) with a crisp Font Icon snowflake as a test in minutes. I just need to make an effort to populate it! I like the ability to explain in a fun way what the trophy means.

I also like the the page in member's profiles that acts as a showcase.

2017-12-30_15-37-52.thumb.jpg.249d590b98e51a3715b1dc88dd7a80c3.jpg

A few basic trophy designs would be great just to get admins up and running until they need to expand on a more specific style and theme for their site, but definitely an import/export feature would be the icing on the cake!

@The Old Man, thank you for the very informative links about the gamification. Pretty interesting stuff. I think a well build dedicated gamification app can sell very well on the marketplace, right now we are gathering the pieces together from 4-5 different apps that are mostly limited or do not always talk well to each other if at all. 

Anyway, thank you again for the links. 

4 hours ago, BradTBP said:

My uploaded images to not render:  http://www.thebullspen.com/profile/3694-brad/?tab=node_trophies_TrophiesAndMedals

font awesome fonts do, images do not

Thanks,

Brad

Hi Brad,

I just took a look and the image doesn't appear for me either. I validated your page to view the source since I'm using an iPad at the mo, apparently the image is at:

http://www.thebullspen.com/bradimages/wallpapers/downloads/trophies/cup_for_1-5years.png.dc23b80632ba26fd2e8bb920cde82ae3.png

However if you open that link in a browser, there is no image there. It's appearing as a broken image because there is no alt text for the image. If there is actually an image in that location, perhaps check your CHMOD file and folder permissions on it.

Hope This helps.

4 hours ago, BradTBP said:

And is there way to hover the description over each award?

The developer may be able to add a title attribute for the image based on its supplied description or perhaps it's name.

4 hours ago, jair101 said:

@The Old Man, thank you for the very informative links about the gamification. Pretty interesting stuff. I think a well build dedicated gamification app can sell very well on the marketplace, right now we are gathering the pieces together from 4-5 different apps that are mostly limited or do not always talk well to each other if at all. 

Sure, no problem. It's quite interesting bed-time reading!

11 hours ago, jair101 said:

We have such a system, but it was coded exclusively for a client:D ( Tournaments, Ladders, Trophies,etc..)
Separate apps have the advantage that you only use what you really need.

11 hours ago, BradTBP said:

My uploaded images to not render:  http://www.thebullspen.com/profile/3694-brad/?tab=node_trophies_TrophiesAndMedals

font awesome fonts do, images do not

image.thumb.png.d3e560a98c35cad9fa70ffd8d1137ee3.png

image.thumb.png.31df011db51b29a05f6f48f3e5d3f7bb.png

And is there way to hover the description over each award?

Thanks,

Brad

Could I please get ACP access to take a look at this?

Edited by Fosters
On 10/2/2017 at 9:00 AM, Fosters said:

Thanks, This is indeed a bug. I have fixed this for the next release.
I want to see what's going on for @Steph Jensen and if it's a valid bug, before I release a quick bugfix release.

Could you please run the test function to see if he passes the criteria test:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-02 um 10.00.35.png

Hi @Fosters

I too am trying to use the Nexus criteria in the rule and select one of my Nexus Products in the criteria. What appears to happen, however, is that the field then users the Product ID number as a value to count against  i.e. If I choose product number 3 then the criteria expects 3 or more purchases in total via Nexus. I assume this is just legacy code where you have looked to check against the ps_item_id in nexus_purchases as opposed to count a users total purchases

E.g. Using Product ID 2

NOPE because of:IPS\trophies\extensions\trophies\TrophyCriteria\Nexus::commerce purchases - min : 2 and member has : 1

JJ

Edited by JJMillwall

Made a small amendment for now which will produce what I require for the timebeing - its not perfect and its simply checking against one product for now :)

/applications/trophies/extensions/trophies/TrophyCriteria/Nexus.php

Line 58 - 81

if ( isset( $trophy->crdata['bought_nexus'] ) )
        {
            try
            {
                $where = [];
                $where[] = [ 'ps_member=?', $member->member_id];
                $where[] = \IPS\Db::i()->in( 'nexus_purchases.ps_item_id', explode( ',', $trophy->crdata['bought_nexus'] ));
                $count = \IPS\Db::i()->select( 'count(*)', 'nexus_purchases', $where)->first();
                if ($count >= 1 )
                {
                    return TRUE;
                }
                else
                {
                    $failedStep = 'commerce purchases - min : ' . $trophy->crdata['bought_nexus'] . " and member has : 0 ";
                    return FALSE;
                }
            }
            catch ( \UnderflowException $e )
            {
                $failedStep = 'commerce purchases - min : ' . $trophy->crdata['bought_nexus'] . " and member has 0";
                return FALSE;
            }
        }

Edited by JJMillwall

Just purchased this item. It's nice, but I was waiting for more possibilities than just basic stuff like "number post".

- answer at least at 1 poll
- created account between 2 date or before a date and not just since x days
- created a post in a specific forum category
- Profil complete (with all specials fields we had created)
- if member give some stars for at least 1 topic

Edited by Archimed

Enjoying this app immensely! 

Having options to issue awrds based on:

• Profile goal completions (already suggested)
  • Calendar
  • Videos System (posted x number of videos)
  • Chatbox (most messages, x number of messages etc)
  • Time related (e.g. a Night Owl badge awarded for posting after midnight?) 
  • and days of week (award for being most active on a Sunday),
  • posts contains specific keywords (so admins could configure that mentioning the word snow 3 times gets members say a snowman themed award, creating 5 topics mentioning The Walking Dead gets you a zombie image award) etc)
  • having no warnings gets you an award
  • Birthdays so system will award a cake or party themed badge

If you want to refer to replies, is that the posts option? Say to award a member for posting 5 replies? Topics are obvious, but the difference between content and posts is a tad confusing. Presumably one refers to comments, reviews etc and the other is forum posts and replies only?

Would be good to have an option to display the total number of an award, trophy etc issued. Eg, Awarded 186 times.

Perhaps a Showcase cabinet option would be great addition. Where (similar to Leaderboard) you could display the most won trophies, medals, newest trophies and awards, all of the available trophies, badges and awards on a page, perhaps with an option to exclude some so you still retain some mystery or surprise. So for each award, a toggle setting such as Include in Showcase? The Showcase could then say something near the bottom of the list like plus 18 mystery awards to discover,

Is there a way to use the styling options for Font Awesome like being able to specify a colour, use stackable icons, adding a count or text to create an award etc?

https://fontawesome.com/how-to-use/svg-with-js#layering

Many thanks.

Edited by The Old Man
On 12/29/2017 at 7:02 PM, jinnie said:

Is there a way to display 4 medals/trophies in a row on the postbit instead of 3?

Hi, sorry for the delay. We currently show 3 trophies or medals in the postbit since we were worried that some themes that are tighter wouldn't show them all.  We can, however, look into this for a future version but this won't be immediately on our roadmap.  

On 1/6/2018 at 9:09 AM, JJMillwall said:

Hi @Fosters

I too am trying to use the Nexus criteria in the rule and select one of my Nexus Products in the criteria. What appears to happen, however, is that the field then users the Product ID number as a value to count against  i.e. If I choose product number 3 then the criteria expects 3 or more purchases in total via Nexus. I assume this is just legacy code where you have looked to check against the ps_item_id in nexus_purchases as opposed to count a users total purchases

E.g. Using Product ID 2

JJ

Thank you @JJMillwall for reporting.  We will need to investigate.  

On 1/6/2018 at 12:48 PM, The Old Man said:

Fosters! Would be great if we could add criteria for number of replies, day of week most active posted, time period most active posting etc.

thank you!

Can you go into more detail?  

23 hours ago, Archimed said:

Just purchased this item. It's nice, but I was waiting for more possibilities than just basic stuff like "number post".

- answer at least at 1 poll
- created account between 2 date or before a date and not just since x days
- created a post in a specific forum category
- Profil complete (with all specials fields we had created)
- if member give some stars for at least 1 topic

Thank you for the purchase.  We can consider for future criteria.  

4 hours ago, The Old Man said:

Enjoying this app immensely! 

Having options to issue awrds based on:

• Profile goal completions (already suggested)
  • Calendar
  • Videos System (posted x number of videos)
  • Chatbox (most messages, x number of messages etc)
  • Time related (e.g. a Night Owl badge awarded for posting after midnight?) 
  • and days of week (award for being most active on a Sunday),
  • posts contains specific keywords (so admins could configure that mentioning the word snow 3 times gets members say a snowman themed award, creating 5 topics mentioning The Walking Dead gets you a zombie image award) etc)
  • having no warnings gets you an award
  • Birthdays so system will award a cake or party themed badge

If you want to refer to replies, is that the posts option? Say to award a member for posting 5 replies? Topics are obvious, but the difference between content and posts is a tad confusing. Presumably one refers to comments, reviews etc and the other is forum posts and replies only?

Would be good to have an option to display the total number of an award, trophy etc issued. Eg, Awarded 186 times.

Perhaps a Showcase cabinet option would be great addition. Where (similar to Leaderboard) you could display the most won trophies, medals, newest trophies and awards, all of the available trophies, badges and awards on a page, perhaps with an option to exclude some so you still retain some mystery or surprise. So for each award, a toggle setting such as Include in Showcase? The Showcase could then say something near the bottom of the list like plus 18 mystery awards to discover,

Is there a way to use the styling options for Font Awesome like being able to specify a colour, use stackable icons, adding a count or text to create an award etc?

https://fontawesome.com/how-to-use/svg-with-js#layering

Many thanks.

For integration with third-party, we allow integration with Trophies & Medals using REST API.  We welcome integration with other apps, but you will need to contact the app author to develop the criteria - we would be happy to provide a courtesy copy of Trophies & Medals to them for development purposes.  

Yes, replies = posts.  You are welcome to change the langstring to make it better fit with your community.  

I like the idea of total number of awards and and showcase option.  Will bookmark idea for future consideration.  

We should be able to allow basic editing to Font Awesome icons like coloring.  As others have pointed out previously, this isn't mean to be a design engine -- this is meant to be the awards engine.  We encourage users to create their own custom, unique awards to use in the app.  

Edited by Fosters
13 minutes ago, Fosters said:

Can you go into more detail?  

Thank you for the purchase.  We can consider for future criteria.  

Great ! When :D ?

Something else but not important. First time I choose FA Icon. After that I would update for a PNG file but nothing to do, uptade never work. So I deleted and create again trophy.

Same things if I want to update trophy and say "ok now you replace this one" it's doesn't work correctly. Trophie still present in profil.

But it's not really a problem. I create some trophy several times because I deleted it each time I need to update. 

I think also you can go on that :

On 30/12/2017 at 11:05 AM, The Old Man said:

Some much nicer looking Fitbit style badges, for further inspiration...

D6AFBE62-4916-4F48-BDD8-6D40E2F12E95.thumb.png.76fffff0890b79e7dab3fdb5fb4a8723.png E520BCF5-2FCA-4DF4-B86F-9BB009AAF175.thumb.png.75ceadd55cd598bee9909535fc0c7a72.png 8828D43C-4CC2-4DD6-BD58-1A7D693ABEEC.thumb.png.479b86ea46d9734033bd7a9566f4af18.png 7DBC689A-1776-4AA4-B182-2306A34FC945.thumb.png.c17d1da34cf4a6c259e32b042b3d0571.png CE580D71-821E-49B2-9702-ECE55880CBE8.thumb.png.2d9f9e2d76bebc4d1115de3707855ac5.png 

Full list...

https://blog.fitbit.com/fitbit-badges/

2 hours ago, Archimed said:

Something else but not important. First time I choose FA Icon. After that I would update for a PNG file but nothing to do, uptade never work. So I deleted and create again trophy.

Same things if I want to update trophy and say "ok now you replace this one" it's doesn't work correctly. Trophie still present in profil.

Thank you for reporting this.  We've added this to our bug tracker to fix.