Trophies and Medals - Supporttopic

On 7/19/2018 at 8:10 PM, jair101 said:

Is there any way to push the trophies and medals on the top of the postbit, above the other custom profile fields? I want to move the Brasil medal right below the content counter:

image.png.02c57ed9e4ee2f6c5a7e433665298ace.png

I like this and I'll add a new setting to the next version where you'll be able to define the position of the trophies:)

In light of the blog post by @Matt on Gamification, I'd like to outline some suggestions:

1.  Persistence -- The trophies and medals can be displayed in more areas as an ongoing rewards system: in the menu (integrate with Tools Menu?);  in profile sidebar, hovercard, commentbox, etc.  The trophies need to display throughout suite.  

2.  Variable -- This is one of the biggest ideas I learned.  You want to randomize trophies.  eg:

• When user logs in, they get 10% chance of winning "Lucky Day" trophy
  • Every 5 reactions they receive, they get a 40% chance of winning "Super Reaction" trophy

3.  Progress bars -- Show progress bars for status

2095926680_Progressbarsontrophies.thumb.JPG.acc42662a4efdb4a938caa999f533669.JPG

Progress bars in two ways: "Badges Earned 2 / 7 " and individual bars for each badge

6 minutes ago, Herofiles ★ said:

I'm getting; 

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'do' (T_DO) in /'''/''''/'''''''/applications/trophies/extensions/trophies/TrophyCriteria/EventsHandler.php on line 27

when i click on Add Trophy
 Screenshot_63.jpg.cda8b6d718573a4bf90af8f3c8eac6ed.jpg

I just created new trophies last night and they were fine.  

1.  Clear your cache by running support tool

2.  Make sure you're using most recent file. 

3.  Panic and send PM with login credentials to developer.  

3 minutes ago, Joel R said:

I just created new trophies last night and they were fine.  

1.  Clear your cache by running support tool

2.  Make sure you're using most recent file. 

3.  Panic and send PM with login credentials to developer.  

Hahaha, yeah i did 1 and 2(just installed it) once i got the error(im not new to this ?) soooo i think i gonna give a small panic a try! ?
Oh, also, i searched on the error if anyone else had this, but could't find any. ? 

Edited by Herofiles ★
On 7/28/2018 at 12:19 AM, Herofiles ★ said:

I'm getting; 

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'do' (T_DO) in /'''/''''/'''''''/applications/trophies/extensions/trophies/TrophyCriteria/EventsHandler.php on line 27

when i click on Add Trophy
 Screenshot_63.jpg.cda8b6d718573a4bf90af8f3c8eac6ed.jpg

Sorry for this. It’s indeed a bug:( Please delete applications/trophies/extensions/trophies/TrophyCriteria/EventsHandler.php from your system.

I’ll release tomorrow a bug fix version.

1.  When are trophies triggered?  I just added 10 new trophies and none of them are being assigned.  (Edit: They're assigned when you log back in.  I really don't like that.  You want trophies to be triggered as the action is being given, to provide immediate feedback to user and keep them excited.  If user doesn't receive trophy until next login, they've already left website!)  

I think you should follow Automation Rules and add criteria for when action is triggered (eg. next post, next reaction, log in, etc)

2.  Bug - when I copy a trophy, the criteria are not copied.

3.  Notifications - need to show the actual trophy icon, not a blank user.  This is boring!  

Notifications.JPG.bd96f562c54856057b1ac13c3213d12b.JPG

4.  Hide - What does hide / unhide do on member's tab?  I can still see hidden trophy on member's tab when logged in as another user.  

Also, if you hide a trophy, I think you should add CSS to make entire box red like when hiding something in IPS forums

Edited by Joel R

I updated to v1.4.3 and renabled the app. This is what happened next...

Updated: 6 hours later and it's still running 100's of tasks. I also still have permissions set for just admin and yet one of my members has just asked about receiving a trophy. I took another screen capture to demonstrate.

I'm so sorry @Fosters, but this app is really buggy. Perhaps I need to remove all trophies and restart from scratch, or it needs a complete rewrite or just isn't compatible with IPS4.3.5?

I have disabled the app again.

Edited by The Old Man
Second video of task bug added to aid developer

Just ordered this (under the primary account for our site - I'm just a secondary admin) and can't wait to implement. Until now we'd just been using secondary groups with badges, adding people to secondary groups for various things just to give them the badge. Looking forward to cleaning that entire process up!

On 8/1/2018 at 12:42 PM, The Old Man said:

I updated to v1.4.3 and renabled the app. This is what happened next...

Updated: 6 hours later and it's still running 100's of tasks. I also still have permissions set for just admin and yet one of my members has just asked about receiving a trophy. I took another screen capture to demonstrate.

I'm so sorry @Fosters, but this app is really buggy. Perhaps I need to remove all trophies and restart from scratch, or it needs a complete rewrite or just isn't compatible with IPS4.3.5?

I have disabled the app again.

You probably have a lot of trophies that are assigned t oa lot of people.  Keep in mind that, at least based upon my testing, some of those trophies aren't assigned until the next time they log in (or based upon some other triggers), so you'll need to just let the background processes run.  

I agree that it can look disconcerting to see all of those background tasks.  Hopefully we can get clarity from @Fosters on a more efficient assignment of trophies.  

14 hours ago, Joel R said:

You probably have a lot of trophies that are assigned t oa lot of people

Thanks Joel, maybe, I'm not sure. I checked the tables in phpMyAdmin as I've disabled it again to prevent more calamity.

I have 4012 members, usually around 10 a day online. Bear in mind only Admin group could use the app as I've never launched it in my community, it's only ever been at the set up stage despite members getting trophy notifications and guests being able to see trophies in members profiles (I think the latter was a bug fixed at some point).

I had set up:

• 7 trophy categories holding 35 different trophies
  • 1 medal category with only 1 medal set up.

This doesn't seem like much but I don't know how it all functions, plus only the trophies are automated, the medals are only issued manually.

This is interesting though, there is a table which is the 8th largest in the DB at 6.5MB, which is ib_trophies_members. It has 39200 rows.

I've exported the gripped sql tables if anyone or the dev wants to play.

export_of_all_5_tables.gz

seperate-exported-tables.zip

Edited by The Old Man
On 7/22/2018 at 4:46 AM, Fosters said:

I like this and I'll add a new setting to the next version where you'll be able to define the position of the trophies:)

Could you also do size and position per medal? For example we have this:

Currently this is all controlled by adding people to various secondary groups (one group is SummerJam, one group is Winterfest, and then we have a group that is just one of the bottom icons, another group that is two of them, and another group that is three of them) so obviously our groups setup is a convoluted mess. 

Obviously the bottom three icons are easily done as medals, but the two wider ones aren't going to work. 

I'd also like to not have the "Trophies and Medals" heading under the user, either. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 12.42.33 PM.png

23 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Another feature request: The ability to order medals. Eg. I always want winterfest first, summerjam second, and then the other smaller medals in whatever order they are achieved. 

I'd even be happy being able to change them to show in a descending order instead. 

Edit: I accomplished this by doing:

{{$items = array_reverse($items);}}

Would still definitely be nice to have a sort option in admincp

Edited by IPv6Freely
23 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Another feature request: The ability to order medals. Eg. I always want winterfest first, summerjam second, and then the other smaller medals in whatever order they are achieved. 

I accomplished this with the following (probably really bad) code:

<div class="ipsTrophy-postbit-container ipsType_center">
            {{foreach $items AS $trophy}}
          		{{if $trophy->item->name_seo == "winterfest"}}
					{$trophy->item->getItemImage('trophy_trophyicon ipsTrophy-postbit-bit', 2, TRUE)|raw}
          		{{endif}}
            {{endforeach}}
          		{{if $trophy->item->name_seo == "summerjam"}}
					{$trophy->item->getItemImage('trophy_trophyicon ipsTrophy-postbit-bit', 2, TRUE)|raw}
          		{{endif}}
            {{endforeach}}
          		{{if $trophy->item->name_seo != "winterfest" and $trophy->item->name_seo != "summerjam"}}
          		{{endif}}
            {{endforeach}}
		</div>

I know PHP moderately well but I don't know IPS templating very well so this seemed like the easiest way even if its inefficient.