Trophies and Medals - Supporttopic

1 hour ago, Fleiding said:

For some reason I'm unable to translate those two lines below:

1583068518_Screenshot2018-11-18at4_33_00PM.thumb.png.acc93ac34886c563c4aa953e6e090c87.png

When I translate them and return later, I have to translate them again (which results in the same).

It seem that this language string is also used by another app. I’ll change this keys and make them unique in 2.0

On 11/10/2018 at 9:36 PM, pequeno said:

Hello @Foster, this app only shows trophies and medals in Desktop version postbit? Because in mobile version I can't see.

Thank you.

That’s intentional. The mobile version should be as minimal as possible. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We have recently purchased Trophies and Medals for our site and are wondering if it is at all possible to generate custom trophies based on criteria that are not in the 'Award this trophy if...' tab in the back end of the application?

For example, award a trophy if a users thread receives more than 5,000 views or Received X amount of followers.

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, OilPrice said:

Hi,

We have recently purchased Trophies and Medals for our site and are wondering if it is at all possible to generate custom trophies based on criteria that are not in the 'Award this trophy if...' tab in the back end of the application?

For example, award a trophy if a users thread receives more than 5,000 views or Received X amount of followers.

Thanks.

It's very easy to implement this stuff via extensions, but unfortunately it requires some basic coding skills.

I can't tell too many details right now, but 2.0 ( NO ETA, but I guess early Q1 2019 will allow this;) Then only the sky will be limit ( criteria:D ) 🤩

5 minutes ago, Fosters said:

It's very easy to implement this stuff via extensions, but unfortunately it requires some basic coding skills.

I can't tell too many details right now, but 2.0 ( NO ETA, but I guess early Q1 2019 will allow this;) Then only the sky will be limit ( criteria:D ) 🤩

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. Is there any documentation in regard to the extensions, we have a development team who can a crack at it? 

Looking forward to the update!

Thanks

Hi Fosters,

Wondering if version (2.0) could have the option to seperate medals into different categories on the trophies/medals page? I have different groups set up in ACP but obviously all of the medals show under the medals group.  A rough example below so it makes sense as to what I'm asking. (each group in ACP would make the same on the front end)

--Trophies
- Trophie 1
- Trophie 2
-- Medals
- Medal 1
- Medal 2
- Medal 3
- Medal 4
-- VIP Medals
- VIP 1
-- Outstanding Members
- OS 1
- OS 2

Thanks

Hello Fosters! I'll give some suggestions to the app 

1. Separate Trophies and Medals front-end navigation by categories, like this MyBB system:
    1470959120_CapturadeTela2018-12-04s18_41_04.png.f364b70cbb6bf29ab1bc4cde698106d2.png

2. Add a way to members exchange some selected/permitted awards 
  3. Add a criteria to award based on date periods, eg: between November 25 - 25 (Christmas Award)
  4. Add a criteria to award based on time periods, eg: between 03:00 AM - 07:00 PM
  5. Add a criteria to award based on which forum/gallery/download category user is posting content. (integration with Post Areas, maybe?)
  6. Add a criteria to award if user was already banned (shame award). And based on warning level.
  7. Add a criteria to award if user is accessing the board from another country. Based on location
  8. Add a criteria to sell some awards over Commerce.
  9. Add a criteria to award only if member is a club leader. 
  10. Add a option to members rearrange the display of awards on their profile/post bit. Based on group permissions 

That's all folks 🙂 

On 12/4/2018 at 5:16 PM, Dean_ said:

Hi Fosters,

Wondering if version (2.0) could have the option to seperate medals into different categories on the trophies/medals page? I have different groups set up in ACP but obviously all of the medals show under the medals group.  A rough example below so it makes sense as to what I'm asking. (each group in ACP would make the same on the front end)

--Trophies
- Trophie 1
- Trophie 2
-- Medals
- Medal 1
- Medal 2
- Medal 3
- Medal 4
-- VIP Medals
- VIP 1
-- Outstanding Members
- OS 1
- OS 2

Thanks

Medals will be "killed" and moved to trophies in 2, so yea, you'll be able to place it in any category

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Fosters, I don't know why my questions go unanswered. I've asked the above question a couple times in the thread with no reply. In you Bookmarks thread there was a permission issue sometime ago that I found and you said you would look into and I have asked about that with no reply. I'm not asking for refund for my stupidity of not asking some questions before hand but you will never get another dime from me. 

I have no doubts some folks will let me know how how great your support is, and that;s fine but I haven't received it.

28 minutes ago, JustHatched said:

I have no doubts some folks will let me know how how great your support is, and that;s fine but I haven't received it.

I doubt anyone will say that, it is clear with naked eye that the level of support and involvement has dropped significantly. I think its a case of yet another ambitious and talanted dev burning out too fast. 

20 hours ago, jair101 said:

I doubt anyone will say that, it is clear with naked eye that the level of support and involvement has dropped significantly. I think its a case of yet another ambitious and talanted dev burning out too fast. 

Sad if true. Support for this mod has often been very poor, it deserves so much better and it's important in the battle for member engagement and retention against the blight of social media, this is why I kept asking for it seems years when and if IPS could implement awards natively into the suite. It's the largest, most obvious and glaring omission of the suite when you compare to other community software like Lithium, and when IPS suddenly posted a gamification entry in the corporate blog, I thought yes, finally! But that was just marketing malarkey.

I eventually felt I had no choice but to invest in this third party app and it never worked properly, it was a huge resource hog, it didn't respect permissions, and I lost confidence.

Honestly and you may laugh, and may be completely wrong and this is just my opinion, but I was always confused about Fosters as an entity. Early on I thought it was a group of popular IPS Marketplace devs because Fosters so often talked with a plural 'we' and because it came out of nowhere with rave reviews of its mods, with strong marketing PR. The way the support site just disappeared was I guess a sign of things to come. If you look back through this topic for example, prior to October it was always 'we', then 'I', so perhaps that's the issue, it's a large library of mods now down to one dev.

If you aren't open about your identity as a seller, it instantly comes over as suspicious. I think in some cases, IPS probably should do more about Marketplace seller transparency and credibility, there should be some prerequisites.

I wish @Mike John or @Adriano Faria could take over this app if IPS won't release a proper gamification app or functionality into Core.

yet another ambitious and talanted dev burning out too fast. 

Nobody is burned out..

I've said in https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/434911-trophies-and-medals-supporttopic/?do=findComment&comment=2767521   that we're working on version 2.0 and that more information will be posted Q1 2019

17 minutes ago, Fosters said:

Nobody is burned out..

I've said in https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/434911-trophies-and-medals-supporttopic/?do=findComment&comment=2767521   that we're working on version 2.0 and that more information will be posted Q1 2019

Can't locate the comment.  

On 11/30/2018 at 5:07 AM, OilPrice said:

Hi,

Thanks.

You can accomplish this by installing Automation Rules to create more elaborate criteria.  

34 minutes ago, The Old Man said:

eventually felt I had no choice but to invest in this third party app and it never worked properly, it was a huge resource hog, it didn't respect permissions, and I lost confidence.

Actually, this app is much much more efficient than the other awards app or using Automation Rules.  This app runs on a background task that checks every X minutes to see if a user meets a certain crtieria.  Thus, it limits the check to once every X minutes.  

Using Automation Rules, you have to build your rule to check on every new post or like.  Let me repeat: each and every post by any user will trigger a check and potential trophy assignment.  It's an incredibly inefficient and computationally expensive method.  If you have a busy board, I probably wouldn't recommend thiserhod at  all. 

Yet .... I think when I build my trophy system (unless Fosters comes out with something new), it's my preferred method.  That way users are trigger and notified right away of the new trophy assignment.  The problem with Fosters method is that users aren't notified until many minutes later, potentially even after they've left the site or forgotten about the action.  It's like giving a doggy treat to your dog a day after he did a trick.  Gamification only works if you can immediately and directly tie the reward to the action.

The reason why you probably thought it was a resource hog was that you probably saw tons of background processes on install or upgrade or changing the criteria. That should be expected as the initial survey of criteria.  That wasn't publicly explained by Fosters at all and can look extremely scary.  

To be honest, I'm also still trying to figure out how to build a proper trophy and awards system.  Fosters has a smarter backend, but a terrible front-end impact.  The other methods are incredibly inefficient on back and, but preferred front-end impact.  

Edited by Joel R
4 hours ago, Joel R said:

Actually, this app is much much more efficient than the other awards app or using Automation Rules.  This app runs on a background task that checks every X minutes to see if a user meets a certain crtieria.  Thus, it limits the check to once every X minutes.  

Using Automation Rules, you have to build your rule to check on every new post or like.  Let me repeat: each and every post by any user will trigger a check and potential trophy assignment.  It's an incredibly inefficient and computationally expensive method.  If you have a busy board, I probably wouldn't recommend thiserhod at  all. 

Yet .... I think when I build my trophy system (unless Fosters comes out with something new), it's my preferred method.  That way users are trigger and notified right away of the new trophy assignment.  The problem with Fosters method is that users aren't notified until many minutes later, potentially even after they've left the site or forgotten about the action.  It's like giving a doggy treat to your dog a day after he did a trick.  Gamification only works if you can immediately and directly tie the reward to the action.

The reason why you probably thought it was a resource hog was that you probably saw tons of background processes on install or upgrade or changing the criteria. That should be expected as the initial survey of criteria.  That wasn't publicly explained by Fosters at all and can look extremely scary.  

To be honest, I'm also still trying to figure out how to build a proper trophy and awards system.  Fosters has a smarter backend, but a terrible front-end impact.  The other methods are incredibly inefficient on back and, but preferred front-end impact.  

Thanks Joel, I appreciate you taking the time that all makes sense. Last August I had these issues:

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/434911-trophies-and-medals-supporttopic/?do=findComment&comment=2754654

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/434911-trophies-and-medals-supporttopic/?do=findComment&comment=2754893

It wasn't one task running every x minutes, but 100's running on my site for hours and hours. The dev said it is how it works but would be changed because it was confusing. You can't do that to someone's AdminCP and just leave it, I had to disable it. I tried reinstalling it again but members mentioned they were immediately receiving email notifications about receiving trophies (they didn't know they were going to get trophies) but I still had it set up for only visible by Admin group only as it wasn't ready to go live, and there are only 2 of us! 

3 hours ago, The Old Man said:

Thanks Joel, I appreciate you taking the time that all makes sense. Last August I had these issues:

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/434911-trophies-and-medals-supporttopic/?do=findComment&comment=2754654

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/434911-trophies-and-medals-supporttopic/?do=findComment&comment=2754893

It wasn't one task running every x minutes, but 100's running on my site for hours and hours. The dev said it is how it works but would be changed because it was confusing. You can't do that to someone's AdminCP and just leave it, I had to disable it. I tried reinstalling it again but members mentioned they were immediately receiving email notifications about receiving trophies (they didn't know they were going to get trophies) but I still had it set up for only visible by Admin group only as it wasn't ready to go live, and there are only 2 of us! 

It'll create a background task per trophy.  You probably set up a bunch so they all ran at once.  That's what happened to my community.  

• 3 weeks later...