Pages SuperGrid support

@opentype after upgrade supergrid to latest version I see some issues with the plugin, for example when I set "show byline" or "use theme box" after some time those setting are without reason turned off. Just like that. I need to change them again and after some time it happens again. plugin version is 2.2.0 (10001). Previous 2.1 version works fine and settings are saving permanently. I use IPS 4.2.6 with redis.

Edited by Qubabos

I start from remove old plugin, remove templates, import templates again and install new version of plugin. All my settings was reverted to default ones. Again, remove plugin, install again and this two mentioned settings was reverted, but others are intact (like fallback image). Need to reinstall one more time again ? I didin't use "upload new version" feature.

Reverted/default would mean “on” in the case of these two settings. So seeing that after an installation would be okay. 
But you are saying they get turned off again after a while, right? Do you saw that on the front-end first? Or just in the settings itself?
Are there other admins on your site which might have changed those settings?

In any case, it’s still puzzling to me. As mentioned to the other user, the plugin just hands over settings to the IPS core. It literally doesn’t do anything itself and it doesn't write to the database, so I wouldn’t know how it should cause those settings to change or disappear. 

Edited by opentype
1 hour ago, opentype said:

But you are saying they get turned off again after a while, right?

exactly

Do you saw that on the front-end first?

yes, right there for start - missing theme boxes styling and without byline, next checked plugin - it's off.

Are there other admins on your site which might have changed those settings?

nope, there are no any other users in acp

For start I think its a cache issue, cache was pruned, plugin removed and instaled again and still byline and theme boxes are missing after a while. It takes 3 to 4 hours (as today for example - i posted this issue 4 hours ago just after reinstall and set up from scratch). 

Edited by Qubabos
On 4/12/2016 at 2:29 AM, AlexWebsites said:

.ipsBox:not( .ipsBox_transparent ) .ipsAreaBackground_reset, .ipsBox .ipsTabs_panel, .ipsfocusBox .ipsTabs_panel, .ipsfocus_reset.ipsBox, .ipsDialog_content .ipsBox, .ipsDialog > div .ipsDialog_content .ipsBox, .ipsfocusBox .ipsComment.cPost:not(.ipsModerated):not(.ipsComment_selected), .ipsBox.ipsfocus_reset:not(.ipsBox_transparent):not(.ipsModerated), .ipsBox:not(.ipsfocus_reset) .ipsfocusBox { /* background: none; */ background-color: #ffffff; }

Using it I have got to change the record box background but please how to change the article background?

Would there be any scope for allowing different Hero image aspect ratios for larger and small screens? Mine's set to 40%, which is great for most screen sizes. But on mobile, that has the effect of using most of my better half's head. If I could set a default of 40% but have the option of something else for small screens, then that would be great.

(Typical example here: http://timeofftakeoff.com/holidays/2017/italy-south-2017/day-5-procida/ Watch what happens once viewed on mobile.)

I'm looking into hacking it so as not to cause you any trouble but it doesn't look possible because you're testing for the presence of the setting in the record template. It's not something written to CSS which I could override with a media query.

7 hours ago, Meddysong said:

Would there be any scope for allowing different Hero image aspect ratios for larger and small screens? Mine's set to 40%, which is great for most screen sizes. But on mobile, that has the effect of using most of my better half's head. If I could set a default of 40% but have the option of something else for small screens, then that would be great.

I understand that this is unfortunate in the specific case, but in my opinion it’s more a problem of the image itself than the aspect ratio. Not sure more aspect ratios would solve it. It might even make it worse since that could increase the problem of different cutting. 

9 hours ago, Meddysong said:

(Typical example here: http://timeofftakeoff.com/holidays/2017/italy-south-2017/day-5-procida/ Watch what happens once viewed on mobile.)

I'm looking into hacking it so as not to cause you any trouble but it doesn't look possible because you're testing for the presence of the setting in the record template. It's not something written to CSS which I could override with a media query.

Try this -> add in your custom css

@media screen and (max-width: 767px){
.ipsGrid.ipsGrid_collapsePhone > [class*="ipsGrid_span"] {
    width:25%;
  }
.ipsUserPhoto_large img, img.ipsUserPhoto_large, .ipsUserPhoto_large:after {
    width: 50px;
    height: 50px;
    border-radius: 25px;
  }
.SG_record_right_with_image.ipsGrid_span9.ipsAreaBackground_reset{
  width:75%;
  }
.SG_card.ipsPad.ipsAreaBackground_reset.ipsType_left.ipsGrid_span6{
  width:50%;
  }
.SG_card.ipsPad.ipsAreaBackground_reset.ipsType_left.ipsGrid_span4{
  width:33%;
  }
}

Edited by Adlago
On 2017-11-16 at 6:17 AM, opentype said:

I wouldn’t know what to do about that. As I said: The plugin just hands over setting names and values to the IPS core. I don’t control how these settings are handled, stored, cached …

I got the exact same issue, I am using redis, I will turn it off and see.

followed instructions. I can see a database that I created and it's using supergrid for articles, listing,displa yand category.

Got to "That’s it! Open the page with your database and check the results." <-- how would I do that?

Trying to use this supergrid thing with fosters https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8830-feed2db-rss-feed-to-ippages-database-importer/

It's easy for a noob like me to be confused. still don't have the hang of it.

Edited by superj707