Jump to content

Community

Pages SuperGrid support


Recommended Posts

A question or two if I may. We're now using SuperGrid on www.smartphonegurus.com as you can see here:

spg_supergrid_01.thumb.jpg.0b35a6dba513e3f2379769992c031b99.jpg

When we hit a title (link) we get:

spg_supergrid_02.thumb.jpg.9e7aebc0057237e410a2025ae67edfae.jpg

The problem is that linked page only has the content on the first half of the page, as you can see here. Ideally for us we'd love to have:

  1. A fix to the above so that the entire page width is used.
  2. As we use the system to post a copy of the article into the forum the possibility of linking to that post instead of back to the article.

I can understand if 2) is not possible but I'd love to fix 1). I've looked through all the settings and I can't see anything that might affect the width. Oh, I have reverted the entire site back to the standard IPS theme but that didn't help.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Support topic for:  Pages SuperGrid is a set of Pages templates and a complete solution to make your Pages databases (with articles, directories and so on) appealing and engaging.  What’s n

Maded a template so all images are same size for best lined up articles . can be seen on my test site http://www.ipdev.se  if you need a template I made one in photoshop ....  news-template.psd.zi

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, tekguru said:

 

  1. A fix to the above so that the entire page width is used.

You probably have your page (on which you placed the database) set to “2 columns” and placed the database in one of those. That’s why half of the page is empty. So change the settings of your page to “1 column”. 

Quote
  1. As we use the system to post a copy of the article into the forum the possibility of linking to that post instead of back to the article.

That’s a core feature. I don’t intent to interfere with that. 

Edited by opentype
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the swift reply. 1) is fixed, it threw me that the 2 column template was assigned in a different page than the one I was using which is block driven. Thanks.

On 2)  I don't want to change the core of the system, just I'd prefer to link to the topic instead of the article?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/07/2017 at 1:06 AM, opentype said:

So if you empty the custom.css, the SuperGrid styling starts working? Then its definitely not a SuperGrid problem. 
Your CSS is probably just malformed. 

You were right, the problem was if this line, that had the code to avoid css reading...

/* GOOGLE AD CODE FOR RESPONSIVE ADS */
@media (max-width: 500px) { .adslot_1 { display: none !important; } }
/*

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duken said:

Hi, a quick "nooby" question.

What is the "twitter handle" ?

If you add a Twitter handle and the record has an image, a Twitter Card will be created

Should i add my id @dukennl? or twitter url like: https://twitter.com/DukenNL ?

Thnx

You would add DukenNL in your case. No URL, no @. Just the handle. 

Edited by opentype
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I'm new to the platform and to SuperGrid, so may have overlooked something obvious here.

Problem:

Here a screen grab of one of my articles (although the problem affects them all).

 

image.png.a35e5e98e1a94b2906871c5923aca4cf.png

 

The image is blurred as you can see and is using the following image, shown natural size, as a source:

 

image.png.64695c925784a427cfd21b187aa65d64.png

 

How can I control this?  Is there a setting somewhere that I've missed?

Many thanks,

Chris

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, christopher-w said:

How can I control this?  Is there a setting somewhere that I've missed?

Yes. In the SuperGrid Plugin settings you can choose to use thumbnails or the full-size images. 

(Another and possibly better option might be to increase the thumbnail image size in your Pages database settings. But that will only affect future uploads, not existing articles.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. The default templates hide the usual add button for smaller screens but produce another one at the bottom of the page, using code like this

{{if ! \IPS\Request::i()->isAjax() AND ! isset( \IPS\Request::i()->advancedSearchForm ) AND $category->show_records}}
	<ul class="ipsToolList ipsToolList_horizontal ipsClearfix ipsSpacer_both ipsResponsive_showPhone ipsResponsive_block">
		{{if $category->can('add')}}
			<li class='ipsToolList_primaryAction'>
				<a class="ipsButton ipsButton_medium ipsButton_important ipsButton_fullWidth" href="{$category->url()->setQueryString( array( 'do' => 'form', 'd' => \IPS\cms\Databases\Dispatcher::i()->databaseId ) )}">{lang="cms_add_new_record_button" sprintf="\IPS\cms\Databases::load( $category->database_id )->recordWord( 1 )"}</a>
			</li>
		{{endif}}
		{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id}}
			<li>
				<a class="ipsButton ipsButton_medium ipsButton_fullWidth ipsButton_link" href="{$category->url()->setQueryString( 'do', 'markRead' )->csrf()}"><i class="fa fa-check"></i> {lang="cms_mark_read"}</a>
			</li>
		{{endif}}
	</ul>
{{endif}}

in categoryFooter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, there is something wrong there. I changed it locally and it will be in the next update. It’s too minor to release a new version though. 

Just paste this in the SuperGrid category footer template: 

{{if ! \IPS\Request::i()->isAjax() AND ! isset( \IPS\Request::i()->advancedSearchForm ) AND $category->show_records}}
	<ul class="ipsToolList ipsToolList_horizontal ipsClearfix ipsSpacer_both ipsResponsive_showPhone ipsResponsive_block">
		{{if $category->can('add')}}
			<li class='ipsToolList_primaryAction'>
				<a class="ipsButton ipsButton_medium ipsButton_important ipsButton_fullWidth" href="{$category->url()->setQueryString( array( 'do' => 'form', 'd' => \IPS\cms\Databases\Dispatcher::i()->databaseId ) )}">{lang="cms_add_new_record_button" sprintf="\IPS\cms\Databases::load( $category->database_id )->recordWord( 1 )"}</a>
			</li>
		{{endif}}
		{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id}}
			<li>
				<a class="ipsButton ipsButton_medium ipsButton_fullWidth ipsButton_link" href="{$category->url()->setQueryString( 'do', 'markRead' )->csrf()}"><i class="fa fa-check"></i> {lang="cms_mark_read"}</a>
			</li>
		{{endif}}
	</ul>
{{endif}}

{{if !\IPS\Request::i()->advancedSearchForm}}
	<div class="ipsResponsive_showPhone ipsResponsive_block ipsSpacer ipsSpacer_both ipsClearfix">
		{template="follow" app="core" group="global" params="'cms','categories' . $category->database_id, $category->_id, \IPS\cms\Records::containerFollowerCount( $category )"}
	</div>
{{endif}}

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just updated to 4.2.2 and it looks great when using the default template. However, when using my custom template, because it uses the same IPS classes, I am having layout issues between box spacing, borders, profile image alignment, etc. Is it possible to add a custom css just for this or create a custom css file and have it reference that? 

EDIT, I just saw where there is a box theme setting to use classes or not. I am creating a pages css file and including that to overwrite some of my layout issues with my custom theme.

Edited by AlexWebsites
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, opentype said:

Yeah, there is something wrong there. I changed it locally and it will be in the next update. It’s too minor to release a new version though. 

Just paste this in the SuperGrid category footer template: 


{{if ! \IPS\Request::i()->isAjax() AND ! isset( \IPS\Request::i()->advancedSearchForm ) AND $category->show_records}}
	<ul class="ipsToolList ipsToolList_horizontal ipsClearfix ipsSpacer_both ipsResponsive_showPhone ipsResponsive_block">
		{{if $category->can('add')}}
			<li class='ipsToolList_primaryAction'>
				<a class="ipsButton ipsButton_medium ipsButton_important ipsButton_fullWidth" href="{$category->url()->setQueryString( array( 'do' => 'form', 'd' => \IPS\cms\Databases\Dispatcher::i()->databaseId ) )}">{lang="cms_add_new_record_button" sprintf="\IPS\cms\Databases::load( $category->database_id )->recordWord( 1 )"}</a>
			</li>
		{{endif}}
		{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id}}
			<li>
				<a class="ipsButton ipsButton_medium ipsButton_fullWidth ipsButton_link" href="{$category->url()->setQueryString( 'do', 'markRead' )->csrf()}"><i class="fa fa-check"></i> {lang="cms_mark_read"}</a>
			</li>
		{{endif}}
	</ul>
{{endif}}

{{if !\IPS\Request::i()->advancedSearchForm}}
	<div class="ipsResponsive_showPhone ipsResponsive_block ipsSpacer ipsSpacer_both ipsClearfix">
		{template="follow" app="core" group="global" params="'cms','categories' . $category->database_id, $category->_id, \IPS\cms\Records::containerFollowerCount( $category )"}
	</div>
{{endif}}

 

 

Where do i find this template?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Just bought this so a newbie to it

I have created my first interview article and included photo with it here - https://www.walkingfootball.com/interviews/walkingfootballplayers/interview-with-tom-cowan-r1/

But the main page is using my fallback image instead of interview image as per here https://www.walkingfootball.com/interviews/

What am I doing wrong?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy