Pages SuperGrid support

Hello, I have upgraded to 4.2.0 and I was running Pages SuperGrid 1.1. I updated to 2.2 following the instructions.

But when I see the grid, the images are not centered.

https://fisiculturismo.com.br/matérias/treinamento/

And on the record view there is no padding for the text and the image is also no centered:

https://fisiculturismo.com.br/matérias/treinamento/a-ordem-dos-exercícios-de-musculação-importa-r754/

Maybe a cache problem... the new custom.css is very small:

/**
 * This file is for your custom CSS.
 * This file is not modified or overwritten during upgrades
 */
#cUserLink .ipsUserPhoto img {
  border: 1px solid;
}
#elLogo img {
  width: 130px;
}
.ipsTabs_item {
  color: rgba(53, 60, 65, 0.6);
}
.ipsTabs_item:not( .ipsTabs_activeItem ):hover {
  color: #353c41;
}
/* GOOGLE AD CODE FOR RESPONSIVE ADS */
@media (max-width: 500px) { .adslot_1 { display: none !important; } }
/*

I have cleared the cache and no good...

Could you please tell me what are the CSS statements that are in conflict?

I have tried everything and I cannot find the error. Pages have no custom css that could conflict with SuperGrid css and the main custom.css of the theme have no conflicts with SuperGrid.

19 hours ago, opentype said:

I ask again: Have you installed the settings PLUGIN? You said, you are coming from 1.1 which didn’t have that. Now the CSS in embedded in the plugin and activated automatically on the system level. 

Yes, I have installed the plugin and uninstalled 1.1 just like described on the guide!

?

I wouldn’t know how to help further with that here in the support ticket. Your site isn’t calling the CSS from the plugin. Could be a problem in your theme templates or something like that. You could try to install it again on a new stock theme for your account and see if it works then. That would narrow down the problem or exclude the theme as potential problem. 

49 minutes ago, sobrenome said:

If I add anything to the custom.css main file of the theme the css from SuperGrip does not work.

So if you empty the custom.css, the SuperGrid styling starts working? Then its definitely not a SuperGrid problem. 
Your CSS is probably just malformed. 

Works great with 4.2. Love this plugin.

Is there a way to change the "edited on xxxx by xxxx"  from the button to the top or onder the data when it is created? 

Thank you

I can add something behind:

</div>
      {datetime="$record->record_publish_date"}
</div>    

But what is needed for the change date?

screenshot-www.duken.nl-2017-07-26-07-41-34.thumb.png.ed746c6da04be2a8676876e04fbc560b.png

EN: Hello,

During the creation of a new article how to add an image already uploaded if we want it?
For example, a URL or select from a drop-down menu one of the predefined links.

Thx for SuperGrid ! :)

FR: Bonjour,

Durant la création d'un nouvel article comment ajouter une image déjà uploadé si nous le voulons ?
Une URL par exemple ou sélectionner dans un menu déroulant un des liens prédéfinis.

Add an option to this place :

supergrid.jpg

Edited by Julien Costes
20 hours ago, opentype said:

So if you empty the custom.css, the SuperGrid styling starts working? Then its definitely not a SuperGrid problem. 

My custom css is very small and seems ok:

#cUserLink .ipsUserPhoto img {
  border: 1px solid;
}
.ipsTabs_item {
  color: rgba(53, 60, 65, 0.6);
}
#elLogo img {
  width: 130px;
}
.ipsTabs_item:not( .ipsTabs_activeItem ):hover {
  color: #353c41;
}
/* GOOGLE AD CODE FOR RESPONSIVE ADS */
@media (max-width: 500px) { .adslot_1 { display: none !important; } }
/*

I'm a bit befuddled about a problem I'm having with 2.2, Ralf. On one of my sites it works perfectly: http://timeofftakeoff.com/holidays/2017/france-alps-2017/

But on another there's something of a strange phenomenon. I've got things set up to use a fallback image if no record image is set. On the listing the fallback image is displaying: https://suite.esperanto.org.uk/articles/movado/

But if you click go to view the record ... no image: https://suite.esperanto.org.uk/articles/movado/kabe-ĉu-eterna-mistero/

As far as I can tell everything in the plugin is set up as it should be:

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.0e267b52ab2a9df31c7a761247c26c01.jpg

And although I've made some small changes to the record part of the display template, those are only calling specific fields in certain areas. The line 

{{if $record->record_image AND settings.SuperGrid_record_hero}}
 <div class="SG_record_image {{if settings.SuperGrid_use_ipsbox}}ipsBox{{endif}}" style="padding-bottom:{{if settings.SuperGrid_hero_aspect_ratio}}{setting='SuperGrid_hero_aspect_ratio'}%{{else}}40%{{endif}};background-image:url('{file="$record->record_image" extension="cms_Records"}');">

is still in it.

Curiously, if I upload a record image, that displays perfectly. It's just that the fallback one isn't being called in the display. Would you happen to have any ideas about what the problem might be?

On 26/07/2017 at 1:06 AM, opentype said:

Could you please paste here the CSS of the plugin as long as you say there is no bug and IPS Support told me that this issue is related to third party software.

I will paste the CSS to my custom.css in my theme.

Thanks!

On 26-7-2017 at 7:44 AM, Duken said:

Works great with 4.2. Love this plugin.

Is there a way to change the "edited on xxxx by xxxx"  from the button to the top or onder the data when it is created? 

Thank you

I can add something behind:

</div>
</div>    

But what is needed for the change date?

screenshot-www.duken.nl-2017-07-26-07-41-34.thumb.png.ed746c6da04be2a8676876e04fbc560b.png

Sorry for the kick. But anyone an idea what the $record is for changed date? I cant find it. So i can change

to

{datetime="$record->record_*CHANGED*_date"}

Thank you :)

14 minutes ago, Duken said:

Sorry for the kick. But anyone an idea what the $record is for changed date? I cant find it. So i can change

to

{datetime="$record->record_*CHANGED*_date"}

Thank you :)

never mind, found it.

It is "record_edit_time" 

EDIT

Damn its not, when is older then 7 days you get 1 jan 1970.

Edited by Duken
On 27/07/2017 at 0:31 AM, Meddysong said:

That field is for the record image (the image which becomes the cover photo). Use the standard attachment field just above it to put images into your article.

It is precisely this image (cover) there that on certain article will be similar.
This is why I would like not to have to upload the same file several times.

I know how to add an image in an article
:lol:

29 minutes ago, Julien Costes said:

It is precisely this image (cover) there that on certain article will be similar.
This is why I would like not to have to upload the same file several times.

You can add a fallback image in the SuperGrid settings to appear in the listing views without having to upload it again and again for each article. 

That’s all I can offer. Picking the record image is a feature of the core IPS software. I cannot change that. You would have to recommend more options to IPS if you want to reuse existing images for example.