Pages SuperGrid support

Just for info really incase anyone else has the issue of block not updating to the latest article. I hadn't activated the caching module (theres a list of the ones that can be used in acp/system settings/advanced) so activated that, changed the data storage to MySQL database then uploaded a new constants file via ftp (which is automatically generated for you in the acp) and the block is working perfectly now. I set the caching to 30 secs which seems to update it quick enough.

So I deffo recommend Supergrid. It's the most perfect plugin for displaying your articles. :thumbsup:

Edited by crazzzydave
1 hour ago, Alex Hamilton said:

Having Slight issue with the Images looking Blurry when looking at the news feed images are 1920 x 1080 cant figure out why 

There is a setting in the plugin settings to use either thumbnails or full size images for the listing pages. That’s the only thing controlled by SuperGrid. The resolution of the the two image sizes is controlled through the database settings. Everything else is just browser rendering. 

2 hours ago, opentype said:

There is a setting in the plugin settings to use either thumbnails or full size images for the listing pages. That’s the only thing controlled by SuperGrid. The resolution of the the two image sizes is controlled through the database settings. Everything else is just browser rendering. 

hmm Usually its fine when I use 1920 x 1080 and shows up fine in the Thumbnail so I don't get why its so blurry

Iv tried firefox google chrome and Edge 

SOLVED: Using 2560 x 1440 Now there Clear

Edited by Alex Hamilton
  • 2 weeks later...

Good day Open, just purchased the plugin and I love it. I am trying to get the Record View to work but I am not sure what I need to do in order to get this view to show,

03record.jpg.fcde08eb820d8856865d90697be

EDIT -  I figured this out, sorry for the early question before going through everything diligently.

I simply had to assign "Display Template Group" as SuperGrid RecordDisplay in the database settings.

Edited by JohnCourt

Hi @opentype

I've noticed that on the hero image, the colour of the text used for the title of the article is black. Unfortunately, on most of my images used for hero images, this is too dark so the text can't be seen. I've attached to screenshots.

Capture 1 shows it how it looks

Capture1.thumb.JPG.5fe03a9d81d0bc3e649cad04f8bb2545.JPG

Capture two shows I've highlighted the text so you can see the text that's hidden because of the colour.

Capture2.thumb.JPG.1b22238d0b9eba1d893571f866637c05.JPG

Is there a simple way to change the text colour so it's visible on almost most images? Had a look through settings but couldn't see anything for this so assume I#ll need to add code to custom css? If so, do you have code for that please?

Thanks!

Edited by crazzzydave
4 hours ago, opentype said:

try this in custom.css

.ipsWidget.ipsWidget_horizontal .ipsBox {
background-color:#f7f7f7 !important;
}

@opentype, I am in the same boat, it does work with the default IP Theme. But with my custom IPS Focus "Shift" theme, I am having the same issues, I opened up my test site to the public just now if you care to see this article at http://tpwtestuser.com/ip/index.php?/sponsors/laguna-tools/laguna-tools-r1/

I applied the custom.css fix in my custom theme as you show above, and I cleared cache, and nothing changed, do you have any guidance on this? Thanks.

Edited by JohnCourt
  • 2 weeks later...

Understand the plugin isn't yet made for 4.3 but as someone who has upgraded to 4.3 beta, the following error has occured with latest version (from last Wed) of the plugin while viewing a category listing page:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPS\cms\Records1::reputation() in /home/dbname/public_html/applications/cms/sources/Theme/Theme.php(603) : eval()'d code on line 1822

Hopefully it can be of assistance in planning for 4.3.

Edited by JTrollerb123

I seem to have issues installing it, I've tried in ACP -> System -> Plugins and installing the Supergrid_Plugin.xml but nothing seems to be happening. The installation seems to be successful, but no new options have appeared (that I know of). I can access the settings that come with that xml file but no more than that. No clue where to go and what to do.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2 hours ago, Justinh4x said:

I can access the settings that come with that xml file but no more than that.

There is nothing more. All the settings—and there are a lot—are changed from the plugins page in the ACP

2 hours ago, Justinh4x said:

No clue where to go and what to do.

Everything should be answered in the installation_instructions.pdf, included in the package. 

• 2 weeks later...