Pages SuperGrid support

3 hours ago, ABGenc said:

I am using 3.0 but the setting is there. So it is there but have no affect, right ?

Edit: I just checked. Not sure why you still see that. It shouldn’t be in the 3.0 version at all. Its not only stripped from the templates, but also from the settings form. 

Edited by opentype
33 minutes ago, opentype said:

Edit: I just checked. Not sure why you still see that. It shouldn’t be in the 3.0 version at all. Its not only stripped from the templates, but also from the settings form. 

It was an upgrade according to the instructions. Would you recommend uninstall / install ?

I am struggling with image display in a SuperGrid block. The image displays fine in desktop and tablet landscape mode. When rotated to portrait mode in a tablet or phone, the image is cropped to a small portion of the original.  See attached screen grabs. Tablet landscape displays fine; tablet and phone portrait show the problem.

SG Listing settings are yes for 'Use Theme Box', no for everything else, and 55 for Image Aspect Ratio. The image sizes used are mostly 600x338, but I tried one that is 1200 px wide and it displayed the same (or worse).

I have played with the image aspect ratio number which changes the amount of the image that is cropped/displayed. I don't see anything in the database settings that would affect this.

The block template I'm using is m04_25_18_supergrid, "as is".

I would have thought the image would be resized proportionally rather than cropped severely as it appears to be.

I looked at the OpenType live demo and the images don't appear to be displaying this way.

Any suggestions?

tablet_landscape.jpg

tablet_portrait.jpg

Edited by Peter L McCormick
7 minutes ago, Peter L McCormick said:

I would have thought the image would be resized proportionally rather than cropped severely as it appears to be.

Yes. There might be something in your theme CSS that overrides the SuperGrid CSS. I would have to see the page to inspect the CSS. 

Bought this along with the pages add-on and im really struggling to get anything like the examples shown in the market place and in (https://www.opentype.space/supergrid/). I've tried following the guidelines in the pdf but something just isn't working right for me.

What i do know is:

1. Add on is installed
  2. template uploaded
  3. "Editing Database Articles" ive changed the templates to be Supergrid
  4. ive tried different pages / blocks and allsorts hoping to get what the package describes, just nothing

I'm new to Invision (previous 15 years phpbb) and i feel the instructions are aimed at people who know Invision well. I thought i was quite good with stuff like this, but ive been proved wrong lol

Some things so far...

http://www.fullonminis.co.uk/Forum/forumpage/?_blockManager=1

http://www.fullonminis.co.uk/Forum/articles.html/

Edited by Simon Watton
On 11/24/2016 at 8:05 PM, opentype said:

Probably. I am open to suggestions. If you like the look of a certain WordPress theme and want something like that in Pages or of you have certain design problems with your Pages database … Let me know. I can check if there is a solution I can build.

Sorry for replying to an old post but hopefully you're still open to some suggestions - love the plugin, purchased recently and has made it much easier for me to display articles but kind of struggling with modifying the html to get the layout I want (see attachment).

super_layout.jpg

I'm a bit confused about the shuffle feature for record display in a block.

The instructions in the Plugins/SuperGrid settings/block settings say "To also randomize the entries, set a higher entry value for the block (e.g. 25) in the block settings and then limit the display in the block here, e.g. to 3. This will then pick 3 random entries out of 25."

If I read this correctly, if I want to display 3 records randomly selected from among 25 in the db, I enter 3 in the box above these instructions (in the plugins/Supergrid/block settings) and 25 in the settings for Pages/Page Management/Blocks/Feed Configuration. 

When I do that, it displays 3 records but they don't randomize. If I reverse the settings, the block displays 25 records.

Could you please clarify?

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Peter L McCormick said:

If I read this correctly, if I want to display 3 records randomly selected from among 25 in the db, I enter 3 in the box above these instructions (in the plugins/Supergrid/block settings) and 25 in the settings for Pages/Page Management/Blocks/Feed Configuration. 

Yes. That is correct. And you also need to turn on the “Shuffle Entries” checkbox. 

1 hour ago, Peter L McCormick said:

Not working for some reason. Is there block caching somewhere that I'm missing?

It is using the setting “Cache sidebar, header and footer blocks”, but that is usually only set to a few minutes. 

So to be clear: the order should change each time the cache time has run out, not on every page load. 

Edited by opentype
On 5/12/2018 at 9:56 AM, Meddysong said:

You don't appear to have written any articles for the SuperGrid template to display. At least, I can't see any on the pages you've linked to.

Hi Sorry for the delay.

So i see i have a database, and ive two articles, the initial "Welcome to Pages" & "MINI Gen 1" as a test. The instructions provided do not tell you what to do. What am i not seeing tht everyone else seems able to do? ?

Have you checked permissions to make sure that guests can see these articles? I get an error when I try your first link and in the second can see the page and an array of blocks but no article.

It might help if you post a screenshot of what you see so that we can compare. If there's something appearing on your screen but not on ours, that would indicate a permissions issue.