Pages SuperGrid support

Hey @opentype! Love love love this plugin.

Wondering... would it be possible to somehow force threads to use the image uploaded into the first post as the featured image?

When I "feature" topics currently, it uses the first-uploaded image.

Often times it uses a GIF or image a user uploaded (versus the one I want to show on the homepage). 

Below is an example of a user uploading a GIF before I uploaded the featured image and how it shows on the homepage 😂 

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 9.03.42 AM.png

10 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

Wondering... would it be possible to somehow force threads to use the image uploaded into the first post as the featured image?

There are no plans for that. 
P.S. you are in the wrong topic again. The product you use is called SuperTopics. 

27 minutes ago, Duken said:

Hi @opentype . I have it active on 4.5 now (SuperGrid 3.2.0) . When i enable Show comment count, ratings, views in listings the database block with the content is not visable anymore. When i disable it is back again the block is ok.

I can’t replicate any problems with the block template and this setting https://www.opentype.space/list-test/

I would need admin access to your site to narrow down why it potentially fails on your site. 

2 minutes ago, opentype said:

Нет. Обновление работает так же, как и все сторонние приложения и плагины 4.5. Свяжите продукт в ACP, а затем обновите. 

I can't figure out how to link it? This is probably because I me a url of your forum

I've upgraded to 4.5, deleted the old version and installed the new one but I have several problems. When the install finishes I get this screen

2094153043_CapturadePantalla2020-09-11ala(s)14_02_12.thumb.png.ccf5fc20f0b6a47abe5779eeecdee00f.png

asking me to save the changes. I've deleted and reinstalled the plugin but the error is the same. Once installed several settings do not work, you can check this at

https://www.espacioprofundo.com.ar/listas_de_observacion_por_mes/enero/

The avatar is not blended on the record image, the record image is distorted and the hero image also is huge. Any help is truly appreciated.

Something similar happens with the superreviews and superhelp plugins.

Best regards

13 minutes ago, rfcontreras said:

This look means the CSS code (which is part of the plugin) isn’t working. Are you sure the SuperGrid plugin is turned on and that the plugin upgrade ran through completely?

The upgrade process for my Pages products is described in detail here:

https://www.opentype.space/superdocs/support/upgrading-pages-templates-in-invision-community-45-r25/

19 minutes ago, rfcontreras said:

I've followed the instructions. I've checked on Chrome and Firefox and the result is the same. 

Again, the CSS of your plugins is broken. It’s not directly a SuperGrid problem.  
You would have to narrow down the cause for the broken CSS code. 
Turned off plugins is a typical problem.
A faulty custom.css is another one. You can try to remove everything from custom.css and check if that helps. 

@opentype, hello there, First I would like to say this is such a beautiful template and works like a dream; I really enjoy the format as it gives a certain professionalism to the work that has been done by any author; Thank you!

I did notice a small cosmetic issue, I cannot seem to fix; I have looked through the support thread hoping someone else has come through the same issue; nay, I did not find it.

I use the browser Edge and Chrome, both browsers show this issue [When in full screen mode] (The article seems to be 1 pixel off). I do try and inspect element and the second I do this, when the panel opens up it seems to align, I am unsure how to fix this issue. It seems like a CSS sort of thing.

image.png.54891aede8a3b3199b0e9935916f38a0.png

I was hoping you could help correct this issue; I use only the default theme provided by Invision Power Services thus I am not modifying anything aside from the article template provided by you.

Thanks in advance for looking into this I apreciate the time.

Kind Regards,
Brian

Edited by Brian Klein
4 hours ago, Brian Klein said:

I use the browser Edge and Chrome, both browsers show this issue [When in full screen mode] (The article seems to be 1 pixel off).

I can replicate that in Chrome (but not in Firefox or Safari). It seems to be a rounding error of some browsers in combination with the CSS/JavaScript framework of IPS. Unfortunately I have no control over any of that. So I don’t think there is an easy fix I’m afraid. I would probably have to rebuild the entire layout from scratch in a different manner. 

5 hours ago, Brian Klein said:

I use the browser Edge and Chrome, both browsers show this issue [When in full screen mode] (The article seems to be 1 pixel off). I do try and inspect element and the second I do this, when the panel opens up it seems to align, I am unsure how to fix this issue. It seems like a CSS sort of thing.

This fixes it in Chrome and Edge - whether it raises any issues in Firefox or other browsers I can't say as I don't use them.

.SG_record_image {
    margin-right: 1px;
}

17 hours ago, Davyc said:

This fixes it in Chrome and Edge

It seemed to work there ol'chap! 

17 hours ago, opentype said:

I can replicate that in Chrome (but not in Firefox or Safari). It seems to be a rounding error of some browsers in combination with the CSS/JavaScript framework of IPS. Unfortunately I have no control over any of that. So I don’t think there is an easy fix I’m afraid. I would probably have to rebuild the entire layout from scratch in a different manner. 

I do apreciate the effort used to look into it, thank you for replying. It seems @Davyc got it down, it works from my end here.

• 2 weeks later...