Quizzes

1 hour ago, Kim Hultman said:

@Adriano Faria Thanks for the update, the functionality now works - however, how can I obtain full list of of participants and their scores? Seems that through AdminCP function you can only see 20 at most...

Just tested and it shows the number you set in Number of users in Leaders Ranking setting. It will require some edits to show all results so I'll add this in next version. No ETA.

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

That's how it will be now:

woEZcmo.png

Will show all plays with score with a pagination.

Ah alright! Perhaps add option to export to CSV? All these suggestions I've done are based of the first quiz we ran on our forum and had to go into database to see who scored 100% and then we raffled away a prize between all those who completed 100% on quiz, for 2 winners 🙂 Or if you have better idea instead of CSV..

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2019 at 11:20 AM, Kim Hultman said:

Ah alright! Perhaps add option to export to CSV? All these suggestions I've done are based of the first quiz we ran on our forum and had to go into database to see who scored 100% and then we raffled away a prize between all those who completed 100% on quiz, for 2 winners 🙂 Or if you have better idea instead of CSV..

Version 1.4.2 already added members who scored 100% in a raffle:

What's New in Version 1.4.3:

New Features:

• Will display all players in Leaders Ranking on a paginated table (instead of X players and a link to a popup to list all)
  • For a better organization of space, Leaders Ranking will now be displayed on a tab beside Comments & Reviews
    • A new setting to display the Leaders Ranking position is added: below description or on a tab beside Comments & Reviews
  • Modeators can now reset game from specific member(s) quickly by clicking on a checkbox to select them and then clicking in reset games
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

any chance you'll ever extend this with a "personality quiz" mode?

In such a mode there would be no correct/wrong answers. Each question's answer would instead add a certain amount of points towards (or/and subtract points from) a specific result. When the quiz is completed, the result that receives the most points is shown and assigned to the user.

Example:

https://ilovemedia.es/quickquiz/examples/personality/#/home

Edit: I'm sorry, I just noticed you already answered a similar request here:

Just consider this as another vote for that feature then.

Edited by Shiyo

I’ve been in talks with Adriano about this and we haven’t found a way to successfully add it with out (I think) a big change to how the quizzes work. It doesn’t also seem that popular either as I think only 3 of us have asked and it’s a lot of time to invest for such a niche feature.

Of course that may change over the course of the year. I think we’re lucky to even have a quiz app as we’ve been asking for one for years!

Just now, Dean_

I’ve been in talks with Adriano about this and we haven’t found a way to successfully add it with out (I think) a big change to how the quizzes work. It doesn’t also seem that popular either as I think only 3 of us have asked and it’s a lot of time to invest for such a niche feature.

Of course that may change over the course of the year. I think we’re lucky to even have a quiz app as we’ve been asking for one for years!

Sigh, I was almost feeling enthusiastic about this 😔
I'm kinda struggling at finding cost-effective alternative solutions on the internet, even if I ignore the whole user integration aspect.
But I see your point and I do understand that it would probably be a niche feature.

• 4 weeks later...

I have three questions, that I'll break into three posts regarding v1.4.3.

I might simply be misunderstanding something... or perhaps they are bugs.

I created a simple 5 question, graded quiz and set "update score with every play" in the ACP.  But, it does not update the score if a member tries again.  It only shows the first score on both the users profile and under Leaders Ranking, no matter how many times they play.

quiz_update_member_score.png

Edited by Allegheny
typo

I noticed a typo in one of the answers of my simple 5 question quiz and when I click "edit question" I get the message "you've reached the  maximum number of questions" and it won't let me edit anything.  I've read the limit far exceeds my 5 question quiz, so I am assuming this must just be a bug somewhere.

cannot_edit.png

Edited by Allegheny
typo

The last thing I noticed with my testing is notifications... not sure if this is one of those IPS by design things, a bug or whatever....

If I am the creator of a quiz, when I log in... I only receive a notification for the very last member to have taken the quiz.  If 5 people have taken the quiz while I am logged out, when I log in I am only notified of the very last person to have taken the quiz.

It seems odd, as it kinda gives the impression that only one person has played and that can be misleading.

Edited by Allegheny
typo
11 hours ago, Allegheny said:

I noticed a typo in one of the answers of my simple 5 question quiz and when I click "edit question" I get the message "you've reached the  maximum number of questions" and it won't let me edit anything.  I've read the limit far exceeds my 5 question quiz, so I am assuming this must just be a bug somewhere.

Yes, I confirm this. Fixed.

12 hours ago, Allegheny said:

I created a simple 5 question, graded quiz and set "update score with every play" in the ACP.  But, it does not update the score if a member tries again.  It only shows the first score on both the users profile and under Leaders Ranking, no matter how many times they play.

11 hours ago, Allegheny said:

If I am the creator of a quiz, when I log in... I only receive a notification for the very last member to have taken the quiz.  If 5 people have taken the quiz while I am logged out, when I log in I am only notified of the very last person to have taken the quiz.

It seems odd, as it kinda gives the impression that only one person has played and that can be misleading.

Yes, weirdly I can confirm this one. It doesn't seem to make any sense.

Will take a look on this and will release a new version until/during the weekend.

19 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Yes, weirdly I can confirm this one. It doesn't seem to make any sense.

Will take a look on this and will release a new version until/during the weekend.

HI Adriano. Thanks for fixing this. Question: the fix for someone taking the quiz twice and it showing the first score only, will it fix retroactively? I have two people who had that problem. Or will the fix only address new quiz takers after the fix?

Thanks!!

5 minutes ago, Giray said:

HI Adriano. Thanks for fixing this. Question: the fix for someone taking the quiz twice and it showing the first score only, will it fix retroactively? I have two people who had that problem. Or will the fix only address new quiz takers after the fix?

New plays. The score is stored when the game is finished. If these people has a screenshot or something or if you trust enough in them, I can provide a query to update their score.

Edited by Adriano Faria
game*
2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

New plays. The score is stored when the fame is finished. If these people has a screenshot or something or if you trust enough in them, I can provide a query to update their score.

Yup, I definitely trust the two people in question. If you could, that would be awesome. It's not critical... if you're too busy. But if you can, great.