Okay I'm starting to get to grips with this. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/quizzes/category/5-the-youth-consumer-service/

One or two things puzzle me.

Firstly, if you have a top level category in which there are not going to be any quizzes, it still gives me a message that there are no quizzes in this category yet.

Apart from anything else it looks very untidy and it would be nice to be able to configure it that it is simply purely a category with a list of the subcategories inside it.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/quizzes/category/4-the-youth-academy/?_fromLogout=1

Secondly, if you set up an extra field – and then later on decide not to use it, every time you want to go back and make an adjustment to the category or subcategory, the checkbox is ticked again – even though before you had un-ticked it and saved. In other words is not remembering your settings and it is going back to a default that the extra field is "required".
Any chance that this can be fixed. I think it must be a glitch.

Thirdly, before I had understood what was going on, I designed a quiz which didn't go to a discussion topic.

I then understood a bit about discussion topics and alter the settings in the admin CP. However, that first quiz still won't display a discussion topic button – even if I reset the quiz.

Is there anything I can do to get it to display a discussion topic button. I have to say the discussion topics are extremely great idea. Very imaginative.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/quizzes/quiz/3-moving-into-a-new-home-–-utilities-meters/

Fourthly

it seems that all the quizzes in any particular category must be either single answer only or multiple answers – you can't mix and match.

It would be lovely if one could configure those little parts of each quiz within a subcategory separately. It seems a shame to have to have separate categories for each type of quiz.

Thanks

1: It is like any other app out there. Only Forums is different. Not even the other IPS apps are like Forums (there are tons of requests for Downloads, for example). I’ll take a look in a future version. 

2: If it’s happening then it’s a bug. I’ll provide a fix in this topic when I’m able to. I won’t release a new version before 4.5.

3: Topic is created only in quiz creation. I’ll add in a future version.

4: No. You can have the 3 types of quizzes in same category. Edit your category and enable the 3 types on it:

hJ0nLkI.png

User will choose which one when creating the quiz:

tcbzamR.png

Edited by Adriano Faria

Hi again. The statistics give the number of people who played the quiz – but it would be nice to know how many people have visited and viewed. That would then help to give an idea of how many people have decided not to play after subtracting the number of players.

Also, is there anyway to get an image onto each of these panels?

image.thumb.png.e11ec5aa1b23223cfdb2d12f0b4b4ed9.png

Thanks

4 hours ago, BankFodder said:

but it would be nice to know how many people have visited and viewed.

Number of views should be visible in the Quiz Information area in quiz view, if I'm not mistaken. If it's not there, I'll add it.

4 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Also, is there anyway to get an image onto each of these panels?

Nope, but I can do it in a future version. Crowdfunding has this.

Thanks, yes you're right they are in the quiz information area – but it would be nice if one could see the views in the category/subcategory view as well.

The crowdfunding images look great. If the idea found its way into your quiz application, it will be very nice. Thanks

WOW, you really did quite an awesome job on this application from the preview.

1. Are you able to add video and audio files and then ask questions based on what they seen or heard? --note: would be great if they weren't able to play the audio/video more than 1 time.
  2. Can you set it up so the tester doesn't see the answers in the results or anywhere?  Obviously if they got the answer wrong they need to study and retake the test.

Thanks again for your hard work on this application

Sorry to bug you but I just saw a response earlier that says your quiz can't be mixed with one answer and multiple answers on the same quiz.  That seems odd so wanted to confirm that your quiz has to be defined up front if your answers are going to be only one answer type of quiz or a quiz that is multiple answers?

Thanks again

1 minute ago, DJ ZAh said:

Sorry to bug you but I just saw a response earlier that says your quiz can't be mixed with one answer and multiple answers on the same quiz.  That seems odd so wanted to confirm that your quiz has to be defined up front if your answers are going to be only one answer type of quiz or a quiz that is multiple answers?

Thanks again

Nevermind..   I tried to delete this comment after I saw you just have to check what answer types are allowed in QUIZ

• 2 months later...

Hey @Adriano Faria I wonder would you address this issue?

When you create a quiz and keep adding questions to it and once you publish the quiz. It then appears be far behind in peoples' UNREAD CONTENT FEED because it takes the time when the Quiz was first created and not when published. So for example if I take 2 hours to make a nice detailed quiz it means that after I publish it will be below the content that got created in the past 2 hours. Wouldn't it make more sense to update the create date of a quiz the moment the button is clicked which finalizes and publishes the quiz for all the members?

This is a quite important aspect. What if somebody creates a quiz in two days? Other people probably will never see it on their feed.

That’s how the framework works: things appears in streams when you create them and I don’t think I can change this, unless you create it hidden but that wouldn’t make sense as it would be visible to moderators only or use the future publish to it but then someone will again lose the date. Update the date will have no effect here.

It sends a notification to when it’s ready (author set it as ready), so people who follows the category will be aware in the proper time. Also, if you use the option create a topic, it will create only after the author set it as ready.

———-

EDIT: Just remember one thing. I can probably remove it from the search index right after create it, which remove it from streams, and add it when the author clicks in the Set Ready. The downside here is that will “disappear” from everywhere, including author profile so he would need to browse to the categories to view it. And it will be visible to everyone in the category. So not sure it will worth the job.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, gigantor said:

IPS v4.5

When trying to install app, I get the following error.

ips-error2.thumb.PNG.62eb6fb704adcfa506d563ce07a94212.PNG

I have a similar problem

image.thumb.png.e620ff34a53f559e084d537755352997.pngimage.thumb.png.e620ff34a53f559e084d537755352997.png

Do I need to uninstall the previous version?  I don't want to lose previous quiz information, I appreciate your advice.

Thank you.