Also one very important thing. Please add ability to edit the total time before the Quiz gets published. You can of course disallow editing time once a Quiz has been published and taken by some members. But before it goes live please allow to edit time.

This morning I was confident that I'll come up with a lot of questions about a certain topic, I gave 10 mins for the quiz. Began adding question to the quiz and found out I can't come up with as much as I thought I would. I had to redo whole quiz inputting questions one by one to a newly made quiz once and set a smaller amount of time. Not cool. 😞

16 minutes ago, Maxxius said:

Also one very important thing. Please add ability to edit the total time before the Quiz gets published. You can of course disallow editing time once a Quiz has been published and taken by some members. But before it goes live please allow to edit time.

This morning I was confident that I'll come up with a lot of questions about a certain topic, I gave 10 mins for the quiz. Began adding question to the quiz and found out I can't come up with as much as I thought I would. I had to redo whole quiz inputting questions one by one to a newly made quiz once and set a smaller amount of time. Not cool. 😞

You can change the quiz time while it doesn’t has saved games (plays). If it has, you will have to reset games then change:

IDNiSpl.png

azzuzo1.png

Edited by Adriano Faria

Fail Oh No GIF by BT Sport

Riiiight.. 😄

Also another suggestion. Why not have "Randomize quiz questions" setting per Quiz instead of being it a global one. The setting in ACP can be like a default suggestion but on each Quiz it can be overridden to be either random or not.

Also one more thing. When you create a quiz and keep preparing it and once you publish it. It alread seems to be far behind on peoples' UNREAD CONTENT FEED. because it takes the time when the Quiz was first created and not when published. So for example if I take 2 hours to make a nice detailed quiz it means that after I publish it will be below the content that got created in the past 2 hours. Wouldn't it make more sense to update the create date of a quiz the moment the button is clicked which finalizes and publishes the quiz for all the members?

Edited by Maxxius
2 minutes ago, James101 said:

I wanted to ask what is the Extra Fields setting for? I couldn't figure out.

It’s like a profile field. By default you have TITLE, DESCRIPTION, TIME, TYPE OF QUIZ and IMAGE. You can add a field in the post screen to user enter anything you want to know, like his country, mother’s name, name of his pet, etc. Anything you want to know. 

5 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It’s like a profile field. By default you have TITLE, DESCRIPTION, TIME, TYPE OF QUIZ and IMAGE. You can add a field in the post screen to user enter anything you want to know, like his country, mother’s name, name of his pet, etc. Anything you want to know. 

Thank you for the quick reply.

I'd also would like to suggest some sort of option to include a step on graded quizzes which would follow an answered question where it would be more explained in more detail why this answer is correct and some extra information about it including a picture and when in that screen the time would not count.

So it basically would be question page loads, users chooses right answer, clicks next, page loads saying if he was right or not and explaining the answer (time stops on that screen), user clicks next, next question loads (time counting resumes).

When creating a quiz author could choose if a question has an explanation page by each question. Meaning some questions may not have it and move on to the next question immediately.

That's probably the last thing I can think of how to add more uses for the mod. 🙂

1 hour ago, Maxxius said:

I'd also would like to suggest some sort of option to include a step on graded quizzes which would follow an answered question where it would be more explained in more detail why this answer is correct and some extra information about it including a picture and when in that screen the time would not count.

So it basically would be question page loads, users chooses right answer, clicks next, page loads saying if he was right or not and explaining the answer (time stops on that screen), user clicks next, next question loads (time counting resumes).

When creating a quiz author could choose if a question has an explanation page by each question. Meaning some questions may not have it and move on to the next question immediately.

That's probably the last thing I can think of how to add more uses for the mod. 🙂

Thanks for your suggestion.

You have an explanation in Study mode. There’s no score there so you can take hours reading explanations.

For Graded mode what matters is the Score vs Time and every step is a question/answers. It makes no sense and would require a TOTAL rewrite of “play” mode and you have no idea hoe PITA it is.  Due to that, it won’t happen.I guess I already told you this a few posts back.

6 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Thanks for your suggestion.

You have an explanation in Study mode. There’s no score there so you can take hours reading explanations.

For Graded mode what matters is the Score vs Time and every step is a question/answers. It makes no sense and would require a TOTAL rewrite of “play” mode and you have no idea hoe PITA it is.  Due to that, it won’t happen.I guess I already told you this a few posts back.

So do the PITA work. You are THAT close to having a killer learning management system for which you probably can charge a whole heck of a lot more money than the practically free fee you're currently charging. I think the request is the single most important feature request I've seen in 42 pages here. Not trying to be a smart-ass, but wanting to get this point across loud and clear.

How much money do you need to do it? Let me know.

Possible bug.... if you add a raffle to a quiz, you can't then remove it (like when the raffle is over).  When editing the quiz and selecting the "x" next to the raffle name, it goes away until you save your changes and then it comes right back again.

Also... it appears you can't add a "giveaway" directly to a quiz and only a paid raffle.  The raffle field under the quiz just can't seem to find "givaways".  I have found a way around this, it's just a pain.  It might seem odd, to want to use givaways, but in my local I can't legally sell raffles without a mountain of headaches... So, I am using "givaways" tied to making people take a quiz to enter (and locking said givaway) so the only way to enter is to "play the quiz".  And, it's working that way just fine.  It would just be easier if the raffle field under quizzes accepted "giveaways"

Edited by Allegheny
1 hour ago, Allegheny said:

Possible bug.... if you add a raffle to a quiz, you can't then remove it (like when the raffle is over).  When editing the quiz and selecting the "x" next to the raffle name, it goes away until you save your changes and then it comes right back again.

I’ll take a look when I have to upgrade. 

1 hour ago, Allegheny said:

Also... it appears you can't add a "giveaway" directly to a quiz and only a paid raffle. 

The integration says clearly ticket. Giveaways doesn’t has tickets so the feature was designed to work only in raffles. 

Plus: what sense would be a user to play a quiz and try to score 100% to win a “ticket” if he can score 0% then go to giveaway and click in the button to participate?!? No sense at all! The goal of this feature is to avoid users who score 100% to pay for a ticket.

Edited by Adriano Faria
1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

I’ll take a look when I have to upgrade. 

The integration says clearly ticket. Giveaways doesn’t has tickets so the feature was designed to work only in raffles. 

Plus: what sense would be a user to play a quiz and try to score 100% to win a “ticket” if he can score 0% then go to giveaway and click in the button to participate?!? No sense at all! The goal of this feature is to avoid users who score 100% to pay for a ticket.

No worries, like I said I found a work around for the issue.... I just create it as a paid raffle, assign it to a quiz and then convert the raffle to a giveaway and the quiz function still works.  It would just be easier to not have to go through the extra conversion process.

But I do think you missed something in my earlier point.... You are correct it would not make any sense if they could just click the "participate" button in the raffle section - which is why I "lock" the giveaway / raffle tied to the quiz as I mentioned before.  With the giveaway raffle locked, they cannot just go to the raffle page and click "participate".  It won't let them.

In the locked raffle description, I tell them they must play the quiz (with a link) and they must score a 100% to be entered in the raffle.  Easy.

And, yes... playing the quiz tied to locked raffle still gives them a ticket and everything works just fine.  It even shows them on the main raffle page as being entered into the raffle if they get the 100% score on the quiz.  That might not be how you envisioned the "locked" raffles to work, but it does and I am very thankful for that.

So, It's just how I am using the two apps together and my way of forcing members to take a quiz (in hopes that they learn something) and if they get 100%  they are entered into the raffle and I don't have to worry about "selling" tickets and they can't just click "participate" without getting 100% on the quiz.

Edited by Allegheny