Would you ever consider making it so Guests can play quizzes? Or is this not really possible with how it's designed?

If this would be difficult, I wonder if having a "guest player" quiz account might be a work-around? And to have a feature where this app could let you specify a single Admin-created registered "guest player" account that could ALWAYS replay quizzes?

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I can’t store their score so why would I allow them to play? There’s no sense on it.

It would just be so that guests to the site can play a quiz for fun without registering. It would just enable unregistered visitors to play. They would just need to see their quiz score once when the finish the quiz and that's it.

• 2 weeks later...

@Luke Hickton

Open the ACP -> Customization -> click in Edit HTML & CSS of your theme -> Find Quizzes in the app list in Templates tab -> front -> view -> resultQuiz -> Find:

<td>{lang="{$feedbackText}"}</td>

Change to:

<td style='white-space:normal;'>{lang="{$feedbackText}"}</td>

Find:

<span class="ipsDataItem_generic">{lang="{$feedbackText}"}</span>

Change to:

<span class="ipsDataItem_generic" style='white-space:normal;'>{lang="{$feedbackText}"}</span>

Save the template.

That will go from:

7zAoLGv.png

to:

tSBrSNq.png

As this isn't enough to release a new version (isn't crashing the app, etc.), it will be fixed in the next one.

This is a temporary fix.

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Only the quiz author can manage Questions & Answers.

Adriano, would that be a feature that you'd consider adding?

If I started a 50 question quiz, and then wanted someone else to continue it, I could with such a permission. Or a group of staff members could work together to make one?

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

Correcting, now that I see the code: only the author and those who can edit the quiz can manage questions and answers. You can because you are a unrestricted moderator.

So in order to remove the access, for now, I can remove their "unrestricted", but give them all the accesses and it should remove it

1 hour ago, Luke Hickton said:

So in order to remove the access, for now, I can remove their "unrestricted", but give them all the accesses and it should remove it

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. What do you want exactly? Only the author to manage? If so, open applications/quizzes/sources/Quiz/Quiz.php and find:

/**
	 * Can manage questions & answers?
	 * @param	\IPS\Member\NULL	$member	The member (NULL for currently logged in member)
	 * @return	bool
	 */
	public function canManageQuestions( $member=NULL )
	{
		$member = $member ?: \IPS\Member::loggedIn();

if ( !$member->member_id OR $this->locked() )
		{
			return FALSE;
		}

return ( $member->member_id == $this->author()->member_id ) or parent::canEdit( $member );
	}

Change to:

/**
	 * Can manage questions & answers?
	 * @param	\IPS\Member\NULL	$member	The member (NULL for currently logged in member)
	 * @return	bool
	 */
	public function canManageQuestions( $member=NULL )
	{
		$member = $member ?: \IPS\Member::loggedIn();

if ( !$member->member_id OR $this->locked() )
		{
			return FALSE;
		}

return ( $member->member_id == $this->author()->member_id );
	}

Edited by Adriano Faria

I need people to test version 1.4.0 (final). The following are some of new features:

• New type of quiz: Multiple Right Answers
  • New module on ACP to display all quizes and all people who played them
  • New moderator permission to admin decide who can manage Answers & Questions
  • New setting to display all games in the Leaders Ranking, even those which scored 0
  • Templates enhacements

Send a PM if you have an ACTIVE purchase of this resource. I'll send the app tomorrow.

Edited by Adriano Faria

What's New in Version 1.4.0 (final): Below is the full list of features/improvements/fixes applied during the Beta stage:

New Features:

• Add a new type of quiz: Multiple Right Answers (graded mode only)
    • You need to enable this option in your categories in order to allow users to create this type of quiz
  • Adjustment for Lazy Load
  • Adjustment for Post Before Registering
  • Integrate with Members Shop
  • New module on ACP to display all quizes and display all people who played them
  • Random sorting in Quiz feed widget
  • Quiz comments feed widget
  • Quiz reviews feed widget
  • New moderator permission to admin decide who can Manage Answers & Questions
  • New setting to display all games in the Leaders Randing, even those which scored 0

Enhancements/Adjustments:

• Templates rework/enhacements
  • Add a link to a popup below Leaders Ranking to display results from all members
  • Restore the ACP Dashboard extension
  • Script optimization due to new marketplace guidelines
    • Drop columns from members table and use own table to store members preferences

Fixes:

• Fix miscalculation of feedback
  • Topic created only when setting the quiz as ready
  • Fix error when saving extra fields when adding/editing a quiz
  • Fix error on review link on widgets (link to page 2)
  • Fix buttons on Questions form for mobile devices
  • Fix Import Quiz tool (image from URL)
  • Fix Digest task locking

------------------------------------------------

Coming in a future version:

• Multiple Right Answers for Study Mode
  • Tool to Import/Export Quizzes update to work with Multiple Right Answers quizzes
Edited by Adriano Faria

Hi Adriano.....

Sorry to bother you (again) but I recently purchased Quizzes and it seems to have an issue with one of your other apps (Crowdfunding); however, not the Links Directory or Tutorials (which I also use).

Tonight, I went in and created a new category for Quizzes and as it walked me through the process like normal but kept referencing Crowdfunding & the options associated with it (payments methods, etc.)?

Once I finished... the new category showed up under both Quizzes and Crowdfunding under the control panel, yet only under Quizzes on the front end.

To test further, I tried the reverse and created a category under Crowdfunding and that worked properly.

So, for some reason creating a category under Quizzes, shows the Crowdfunding Options and language and then creates the same category under both Quizzes & Crowdfunding.

Thanks for checking and sorry for bothering you.  I don' t know what was going on over the weekend, as today it's working like a charm.

It must be operator error (my fault) as I can see no other explanation at this point.

Time to cut back on the coffee and get more sleep I think.

Once again... I am sorry, for bothering you and I do appreciate your hard work and apps.