Jump to content

Quizzes


Adriano Faria

Recommended Posts

On 6/2/2019 at 6:02 PM, Sethhh. said:

I tried to import a quizz from your archive and I receive this error:

Can't reproduce. I exported a quiz I created and then I imported it:

 

32 minutes ago, Sethhh. said:

A small error. When I reply to a review ( because I am the author of that review ) I am not redirected back and I receive the next error. Good or not the reply of that review is posted.

Yeah, that's a 4.4.4 thing and will affect all resources that uses reviews:

Quote

Changed the default parameter in the `IPS\Content\Review::url` method.'

I will have to release a new version. 😣

22 minutes ago, Sethhh. said:

A proposal for you:

Can you make a block with GENERAL Leaders Ranking?

Read this and a few posts after this:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I'm curious. What exactly happens when I change questions in a live, already used, quiz? Imagine I have 50 questions and I want to change some of the questions each month so that that people cannot share the questions so easily. I won't change the number of questions, just the actual questions. Do the existing scores simply remain (that's what I'm hoping)? To remain fair, I would change for questions of equal difficulty.

Thanks Adriano.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Giray said:

I'm curious. What exactly happens when I change questions in a live, already used, quiz? Imagine I have 50 questions and I want to change some of the questions each month so that that people cannot share the questions so easily. I won't change the number of questions, just the actual questions. Do the existing scores simply remain (that's what I'm hoping)? To remain fair, I would change for questions of equal difficulty.

Thanks Adriano.

Nothing. You can't add or remove questions because that will impact in leaders ranking but edit don't.... I don't know if you're fixing a typo or simply changing the whole question.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Nothing. You can't add or remove questions because that will impact in leaders ranking but edit don't.... I don't know if you're fixing a typo or simply changing the whole question.

My idea was to change the whole question but not change the total number of questions. So I just tried it and it works. You can't add a question, obviously, but you can 'edit' a question and change whatever you want there. So if you want to add/delete questions to keep the quiz fresh, you can and it does not seem to affect the grades/leaderboard. For me this is good. Happy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Minor Feature suggestions: 

For study-mode quizzes I think it would be nice if it had the option to have the explanation auto-appear instead of having to click the explanation button.

It would be nice if one could use rich text formatting for the quiz question itself as well (not just in the explanation).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Adriano Faria  We can't get the Discussion Topic to work no matter what settings we try.  

May have figured it out, will edit again if issue persists.

Edit #2: Issue still persists.  It creates the topic once a quiz is submitted, but with the "Create a new post in topic when someone completes the quiz?" option turned on, no new posts are added as members complete the quiz.

Here is the topic created after making a test quiz:

3c5b0a1ee44a4eb6b2de286a6c2a9f86.png

We've had 3 accounts complete the quiz with no new posts added to the topic.

2ef5abd8739f5e68bcdf299c609d1d67.png

Edited by Alismora
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alismora said:

@Adriano Faria  We can't get the Discussion Topic to work no matter what settings we try.  

May have figured it out, will edit again if issue persists.

Edit #2: Issue still persists.  It creates the topic once a quiz is submitted, but with the "Create a new post in topic when someone completes the quiz?" option turned on, no new posts are added as members complete the quiz.

Here is the topic created after making a test quiz:

3c5b0a1ee44a4eb6b2de286a6c2a9f86.png

We've had 3 accounts complete the quiz with no new posts added to the topic.

2ef5abd8739f5e68bcdf299c609d1d67.png

I’m aware but I really don’t want to rekeae a Beta for each tiny thing found. This can wait, as it  isn’t crashing or site or avoiding the quiz to work.

I’ll send a PM tomorrow with a file edit to fix it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I’m aware but I really don’t want to rekeae a Beta for each tiny thing found. This can wait, as it  isn’t crashing or site or avoiding the quiz to work.

I’ll send a PM tomorrow with a file edit to fix it. 

Okay thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Alismora said:

Edit #2: Issue still persists.  It creates the topic once a quiz is submitted, but with the "Create a new post in topic when someone completes the quiz?" option turned on, no new posts are added as members complete the quiz.

 

5 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I’m aware

Sorry, it was 3AM... Said I'm aware because someone else said something similar, which I couldn't reproduce there and can't now:

I will release a new version to fix a review link issue then if it insists, send a PM; I'll take a look in your board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This sounds like a great idea and obviously lots of people like it very much.

I have just a couple of questions – firstly, I suppose that it can be set to be used in only one particular sub- forum?

Second thing is that I certainly don't have time to devise quizzes. Are there sources of quizzes available – either for free or for payment?

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

firstly, I suppose that it can be set to be used in only one particular sub- forum?

Not sure I follow. Forum is one app. Quizzes is another. It has nothing to do with the other. 

12 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Are there sources of quizzes available – either for free or for payment?

You can find a plenty of questions and answers in Google. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can’t guess what type of questions and answers you, John Doe and Mary Doe wants, that’s why it doesn’t has a “bank” of Q&A and that’s why there’s a import tool.

Requests like this seems like install a new forum with a lot of topics and posts with the content you think suits your needs. That’s not possible. 

Edited by Adriano Faria
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suppose what I was hoping is that other people who use the quiz app, have prepared their own quizzes and maybe would like to share them with others or even sell them and that they would be available in and in portable form so that one simply import the file and the quiz is ready to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...