On 7/17/2019 at 10:47 AM, BankFodder said:

Okay thanks.

So here's a general request – would anyone like to share any quizzes they have made using Adriano's application? Either share for free with a link to your website or for a payment?

Please send me a message.

Thanks

I have some IT stuff, but for this you need multiple right anwsers..... 

Quick question if anyone can help, I've quickly scanned through to find the answer, but 36 pages is a lot to read lol.

Is there a way that I can manually add a pass for a quiz?  We currently have a quiz like system within my organisation, however we are looking to move to this add-on to make our life easier.  What I want to be able to do is any passes that people have made on our previous system, we can manually add them onto here so we can keep a record.

Thanks
Luke

1 hour ago, Luke Hickton said:

Quick question if anyone can help, I've quickly scanned through to find the answer, but 36 pages is a lot to read lol.

Is there a way that I can manually add a pass for a quiz?  We currently have a quiz like system within my organisation, however we are looking to move to this add-on to make our life easier.  What I want to be able to do is any passes that people have made on our previous system, we can manually add them onto here so we can keep a record.

Thanks
Luke

Hi Luke. 

Forgive if I misunderstood.

You mean use the records (plays) from the other software in this app? Well, you certainly can if you “bring” the records somehow. There is a table that stores the “plays” (quiz id, member id, time, date, etc) but there’s no magical button that can be clicked and all is done. This is something you will have to do. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good Evening, I Seem to be getting an error when importing quizzes.

XML Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<quizzes>
	<quiz title="Basic Naval Cadet Course" questions="10" time="120" type="gradeone" description="To be Entered" image="www.webcadets.com/images/training/etp/n-i.png">
		<questions>
			<question question_title="Please select the proper definition for the naval term AWASH" answer_correct="So low in the water that the water is constantly washing across the surface" answer_wrong="['The ship get cleaned from bow to stern','Flooded with paper work','Gruel served to the seaman when no food is left on a long sail','Admirals Watch All Seamen Help']"/>
			<question question_title="Fill in the missing gap - The bathroom aboard ship is called the ______ ?" answer_correct="Heads" answer_wrong="['Bathroom','Tails','Little Sailors Room','Toilets']"/>
			<question question_title="Please select the proper definition of the term WAKE" answer_correct="Turbulence behind a ship" answer_wrong="['The weather side of a ship is the side exposed to the wind','Sludge that spews from the side of the ship','Walking Around Kicking Everyone','The call to wake the crew']"/>
			<question question_title="What is a \'Figure of 8\' knot used for?" answer_correct="Act as a stopper in the line" answer_wrong="['Hold together two pieces of rope','Hold together 8 pieces of rope','Honour the grace of figure skaters','Be placed between a figure 7 and figure 9 knots']"/>
			<question question_title="A \'Square Knot\' is also known as a:" answer_correct="Reef Knot" answer_wrong="['Quad Knot','Sheet Bend','Rectangle Knot','Circle Knot']"/>
			<question question_title="Which knot has a rabbit hole?" answer_correct="Bowline" answer_wrong="['Square Knot','Clove Hitch','Figure 8 Knot','Reef Knot']"/>
			<question question_title="A pipe in the navy that doesn\'t refer to the kind you smoke would also be known as a what?" answer_correct="Boatswain\'s Call" answer_wrong="['Straw\'s used by sailors for their soda','The CO\'s grog holder','The mops\'s used to swab the deck','Air Horn']"/>
			<question question_title="Why would the Still be piped?" answer_correct="Bring the crew to attention" answer_wrong="['Stop the Ship','A Game','To alert the crew that the water is still','Send the crew to bed']"/>
			<question question_title="The highest position in the corps is the?" answer_correct="Commadant" answer_wrong="['Admiral of the Naval Fleet','President of the WCC (Commander in Chief)','Commanding Officer','Master Chief Petty Officer of the Corps']"/>
			<question question_title="The metal sphere at the end of the tube of a Boatswain\'s Call is known as what?" answer_correct="The Buoy" answer_wrong="['The Gun','The Shackle','The Hole','The Keel']"/>
	 	</questions>
	</quiz>
</quizzes>

Error code I'm getting:

IPS\File\Exception: DOES_NOT_EXIST (2)
#0 /home/sites/6b/5/5faa0124ea/public_html/applications/quizzes/modules/admin/quizzes/importexport.php(156): IPS\File\_FileSystem->contents()
#1 /home/sites/6b/5/5faa0124ea/public_html/applications/quizzes/modules/admin/quizzes/importexport.php(91): IPS\quizzes\modules\admin\quizzes\_importexport->import('/dev/shm/phpqHz...', Object(IPS\quizzes\Category), Object(IPS\Member), false, false, false, false)
#2 /home/sites/6b/5/5faa0124ea/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\quizzes\modules\admin\quizzes\_importexport->manage()
#3 /home/sites/6b/5/5faa0124ea/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /home/sites/6b/5/5faa0124ea/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

Can I have some assistance please 🙂

Thanks in advanced

Luke

Hi @Adriano Faria I see to get this in my Admin CP

image.thumb.png.6324ea5cb74e7ff973745f20d9006ca9.png

When I try to "Run Now" manually I get:

Error: Call to a member function author() on null (0)
#0 /home/ancommun/public_html/system/Email/Email.php(889): IPS\Theme\email_html_quizzes_digests__item(Object(IPS\quizzes\Quiz), Object(IPS\Email\Outgoing\Php))
#1 /home/ancommun/public_html/applications/core/sources/Digest/Digest.php(139): IPS\_Email::template('quizzes', 'digests__item', 'html', Array)
#2 /home/ancommun/public_html/applications/core/sources/Digest/Digest.php(285): IPS\core\Digest\_Digest->build(Array)
#3 /home/ancommun/public_html/applications/core/tasks/weeklydigest.php(40): IPS\core\Digest\_Digest::sendDigestBatch('weekly')
#4 /home/ancommun/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(356): IPS\core\tasks\_weeklydigest->IPS\core\tasks\{closure}()
#5 /home/ancommun/public_html/applications/core/tasks/weeklydigest.php(41): IPS\_Task->runUntilTimeout(Object(Closure))
#6 /home/ancommun/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(255): IPS\core\tasks\_weeklydigest->execute()
#7 /home/ancommun/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(709): IPS\_Task->run()
#8 /home/ancommun/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->runTask()
#9 /home/ancommun/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/ancommun/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->execute()
#11 /home/ancommun/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

What's New in Version 1.4.0 Beta 8:

• Fix buttons on Questions form for mobile devices
  • Fix Import Quiz tool (image from URL)
  • Fix Digest task locking

@Luke Hickton, although it is on my template and it's right in your XML, for now use &quot; instead of ' in the wrong answers array. Example:

...answer_wrong="['Bathroom','Tails','Little Sailors Room','Toilets']"/>

use instead:

Capturar.thumb.PNG.9111aa70f94abd98a8f6b4b1436db075.PNG

If you use ' it won't import the wrong answers. Tried to use some PHP functions to convert characters but didn't work and I didn't want to push the fix for the other issues any longer. I'll come back to this in (or before) the 1.4.0 final.

Edited by Adriano Faria

Thanks Adriano,

That fix worked and I was able to upload the XML, however something else seems to have broken in the meantime.  When clicking the quizzes link in the navigation, it comes up with a 404: The requested URL /quizzes/ was not found on this server.

The button is set to the default:

image.thumb.png.6adeafb0b01db3c80077c2aef52fbfc0.png

Did I do something wrong during the upgrade?

Regards

Luke

Not sure if it helps, but all of my menu buttons no longer work - they were working before the upgrade.  I've also lost all links to 404s, including trying to open a topic:

The requested URL /topic/1905-anyone-awake-in-the-officers-mess/ was not found on this server.

Edited by Luke Hickton
22 minutes ago, Luke Hickton said:

however something else seems to have broken in the meantime.  When clicking the quizzes link in the navigation, it comes up with a 404: The requested URL /quizzes/ was not found on this server.

11 minutes ago, Luke Hickton said:

Not sure if it helps, but all of my menu buttons no longer work - they were working before the upgrade.  I've also lost all links to 404s, including trying to open a topic:

The requested URL /topic/1905-anyone-awake-in-the-officers-mess/ was not found on this server.

Can't reproduce. Just upgraded from Beta 7 to Beta 8 and everything else keeps working as it should:

The fix provided has nothing to do with FURL or something; it was a couple of edits in two specific PHP files and one template. It may be probably some cache issue on your site. Run the support tool to clear it.