iAwards

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Is there any way to add a condition(PHP) using the RULES:

If count (user_awards_category) = X then ....

count (user_awards_category)  =  number of awards a user has for a given category

X = the number that i want o verify

Example: If user has 5 awards, he switches to another group.

After installing iAwards I get the follwoing error when editing groups... when I disable iAwards the error disappears?

TypeError: Argument 1 passed to IPS\awards\extensions\core\ContentRouter\_Awarded::__construct() must be an instance of IPS\Member or null, instance of IPS\Member\Group given, called in /home/public_html/board/system/Application/Application.php on line 824 (0)
#0 /home/public_html/board/system/Application/Application.php(824): IPS\awards\extensions\core\ContentRouter\_Awarded->__construct(Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#1 /home/public_html/board/system/Application/Application.php(300): IPS\_Application->extensions('core', 'ContentRouter', true, Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#2 /home/public_html/board/applications/core/extensions/core/GroupForm/Content.php(36): IPS\_Application::allExtensions('core', 'ContentRouter', Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#3 /home/public_html/board/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(202): IPS\core\extensions\core\GroupForm\_Content->process(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form), Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#4 /home/public_html/board/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->form()
#5 /home/public_html/board/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/public_html/board/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->execute()
#7 /home/public_html/board/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

On 4/4/2018 at 3:25 AM, InvisionHQ said:

can you send me the board url?

Could you please fix these formatting error in the next update?

The subtitle is grabbed from the first award created, and the spacing here is awkward:

image.thumb.png.8c50a1f5da6be4bf7bcca05ffe6f6c7c.png

The list formatting changes for some reason - should be just one list:

image.thumb.png.d48b10a4980382005281b44fe2ce3cf6.png

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if I should post this under here or Automation Rules, but I have a question regarding using iAwards and Automation Rules together.

I want to award users based on the total number of reacts they've received of each type. Is this possible?

Furthermore, is it possible to give awards based on total reacts GIVEN, total reacts for a SINGLE post, etc.

Is there a list of example rules to give awards? We're not accomplishing much with just experimenting and trial-and-error, but it would help immensely if I could see a number of examples made by other people so that I have something to start with.

4 hours ago, Dayton28 said:

I don't know if I should post this under here or Automation Rules, but I have a question regarding using iAwards and Automation Rules together.

I want to award users based on the total number of reacts they've received of each type. Is this possible?

Furthermore, is it possible to give awards based on total reacts GIVEN, total reacts for a SINGLE post, etc.

Is there a list of example rules to give awards? We're not accomplishing much with just experimenting and trial-and-error, but it would help immensely if I could see a number of examples made by other people so that I have something to start with.

I can't find anything on how to automate the award-giving. There's a "rules expansion pack" in the download, but I don't know what to do with the XML files. Trying to install as a plugin didn't work and there doesn't appear to be any option to install the XML files anywhere. I want to give an award based on content count but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.

34 minutes ago, Dayton28 said:

Yes, I'm also using the Automation Rules app, that's the one you're referring to, correct?

It seemed like it would be a very powerful app but I can't figure out how to utilize it to its full potential.

Yeah, you need automation rules by @Kevin Carwile

Each rule is a combination of 3 things:

- event - what's the trigger? Is it the user logging in or making a new post?

- conditions - are there any conditions? Do you want it to only occur in special circumstances like a post in a certain forum or a member of a certain group?

- action - what should happen? This is where you assign the award.  

I'm pretty sure the XML should be imported into automation rules.  

Edited by Joel R
17 hours ago, Dayton28 said:

I'm also wondering what Read Awards is under permissions. Was Manage Awards renamed to Read Rewards, as is shown in the Awards Guide?

Still wondering about this. Not sure if I should allow or disallow that options for every member.

I'm having trouble updating iAwards from 1.1.0 to 1.2.2. I'm currently still on Invision 4.2.9, because I wanted to update iAwards first, and then update to 4.3.5 (1.2.2 is supposedly compatible with both 4.2 and 4.3).

I don't have Phar PHP enabled, and I cannot enable it.

I downloaded iAwards 1.2.2, extracted, copied the folder awards1.2.2 into applications, This is what the Admin CP looks like:

Applications.thumb.JPG.0a35b7aea87b5b6a3bd0d1e01371689d.JPG

As you can see at the bottom, "Awards" is there to be installed (with the + button to the right). When I click that button, I get the following error:

1S111/1

In the system log I get the following error:

OutOfRangeException::0

Can anyone help me with this?

Edited by Felix Spehlmann

Can someone help me understand how to set up permissions properly so that a particular user group can award badges to themselves but not to anyone else? Simply checking the "Self" option seems not to be enough.

I have downloaded and read the guide posted earlier in this topic, but some things seem to have changed since then.

5 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

You can't.

Ok, I see. Is there a current/updated explanation of the various permissions available? As I mentioned, the guide posted earlier in the topic was pretty helpful but doesn't appear 100% current anymore.

On 7/27/2018 at 8:03 AM, InvisionHQ said:

You need also Rules App to use "expansion Pack"

Hi,

I have just installed the rules lite app, set this up and added the content count rule from the iawards expansion pack and enabled it.

I have created 4 awards for various numbers of content submitted

I have edited your rule in the expansion pack to select the award for the content count of 50.

Do I need to do anything else or will everything be automatic now?

Secondly can you just confirm the content count counts everything including images submitted, new topics and replies etc?

Thanks in advance

OK I think I have setup this correctly and the rules task is running but not of the members who have posted over the first award of content count 50 are being awarded.

I turned on debugging and re ran the rule task manually but nothing was reported in the logs.

What else would I need to look at or check?

Thanks

I am still getting this error when trying to edit groups since I installed the addon?

TypeError: Argument 1 passed to IPS\awards\extensions\core\ContentRouter\_Awarded::__construct() must be an instance of IPS\Member or null, instance of IPS\Member\Group given, called in /home/XXXXX/public_html/board/system/Application/Application.php on line 824 (0)
#0 /home/xxxxx/public_html/board/system/Application/Application.php(824): IPS\awards\extensions\core\ContentRouter\_Awarded->__construct(Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#1 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/board/system/Application/Application.php(300): IPS\_Application->extensions('core', 'ContentRouter', true, Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#2 /home/xxxx/public_html/board/applications/core/extensions/core/GroupForm/Content.php(36): IPS\_Application::allExtensions('core', 'ContentRouter', Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#3 /home/xxxxx/public_html/board/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(202): IPS\core\extensions\core\GroupForm\_Content->process(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form), Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#4 /home/xxxxx/public_html/board/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->form()
#5 /home/xxxxx/public_html/board/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/xxxxx/public_html/board/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->execute()
#7 /home/xxxxx/public_html/board/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Edited by Doped_Wizard
5 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

You only need to wait, event will be triggered when user "create / update" content.

Hi,

I have a huge content count number and have added a new topic myself but did not get awarded.

Does it only start counting from the point of installing and running the rules pack? - or will it include content created prior to installing the rules app?

If it does what else can i look for which could be causing the problem?

thanks