Bug fix slow, releasedate?

NilsFMH

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Yes reply

​Yes, if you have more information, please feel free to reply to the existing bug report and our developers will review. :)

oki doki

although this one has a failing birthday of almost 1 month already ..

http://community.invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/beta-5a-commerce-paypal-card-payments-sandbox-not-working-r1639/

it was happily working till Beta 4 ..  nada PayPal in Beta 5 5a 5b 6 & 7

​@Charles Although that is great news, it leaves the question of whether it will be responsive along with the suite and how does it work on mobile devices?

​Yes the front-end of Chat has had a small refresh to match 4.0, and that includes it being responsive.

We did Beta 7 today without an announcement to just get the recent fixes out to our power users over the weekend. That way we can see if anything major comes up :)

​hey, can you tell us why don't you put in the line Invision Power Services, Inc. the version? it is something you did from 1.0 but somehow you don't use it today, will you use it when the system is prime (4.0) or when the RC will be relesed ?

We did Beta 7 today without an announcement to just get the recent fixes out to our power users over the weekend. That way we can see if anything major comes up :)

I'm happy to wait a bit more to have things a bit more polished.

Beta 8 and even Beta 9 if needed makes sense to me - to fix all important recent bugs found. I would rather wait few more weeks than having to deal with many issues for RC1. And I see plenty of bugs in the Bugs Report, some of them are for very important functionality not working in Beta 7 (Pages, upgrades) etc.

I'm happy to wait a bit more to have things a bit more polished.

Beta 8 and even Beta 9 if needed makes sense to me - to fix all important recent bugs found. I would rather wait few more weeks than having to deal with many issues for RC1. And I see plenty of bugs in the Bugs Report, some of them are for very important functionality not working in Beta 7 (Pages, upgrades) etc.

​Help with the testing then :) the more people the faster it MAY go.

I develop on two different WAMP installations - if I encounter bugs clicking around and doing obvious things, I fix them. :) Otherwise we rely on bug reports from those who are (voluntarily) testing our software to point out what we have missed.  When you spend hours fixing bugs, it's hard to just click around and hope you happen to stumble across something.

​This is a good point. I too am doing my testing using Wamp on two different systems and came to a conclusion that all Wamp setups though seemingly working the same are not the same as another's test environment settings or this site, and is harder to acuratly report due to 1. local vs live domain install or upgrade. 2. Lack of technical access to a localhost environment. Where as the 2nd I can understand the possible litigation issues involved....

​This is AMAZING news!!!! Thank you for the update Charles!! (Doing the happy dance!)

It looks like it's about time to start working on new themes! :lol: It feels like Christmas!! LOL :rofl:

​Uhm Sherri,

1 Christmas a year is fine for me. But a little to close to the last one to afford to go through that again this early :cry:

So get goin' woman what you waitin' fer.... Christmas? LOL!!!!!!!

​We will have Chat available soon but unfortunately it will simply be a refactor of the current version.

We do plan on a bigger update to Chat later this year but it turned into a bigger engineering challenge than we are comfortable trying to shove into 4.0.0.

​Do you think that the chat would be able to run our own servers version?

Realised that after release of 7 & 7a pending bugs have risen from 4 to 8 pages. I am aware development team is working hard getting the bugs fixed but wondering if this increases reason is cause more ppl have started testing or there is a problem with 7th version ?

Realised that after release of 7 & 7a pending bugs have risen from 4 to 8 pages. I am aware development team is working hard getting the bugs fixed but wondering if this increases reason is cause more ppl have started testing or there is a problem with 7th version ?

That's because Beta 7 and 7a were released right before the weekend and they don't fix bugs on the weekends. It's Monday morning and ​it's down to 7 pages already.

​Uhm Sherri,

1 Christmas a year is fine for me. But a little to close to the last one to afford to go through that again this early :cry:

So get goin' woman what you waitin' fer.... Christmas? LOL!!!!!!!

​LOL!!! I should have said "It feels like by birthday!" (march 2nd) Either way, I'm sooooo ready and already got my first theme coded out, I'm just waiting on RC1 to run through it and make sure there's not any changes in the templates. I am so beyond impressed with this version of IPB, I'm pretty much speechless.

But i'm not sure now for tomorrow. I don't think RC1 will be released Feb10(tomorrow) after all these bugs :ph34r:

​Only IPS staff can answer that, but I did read somewhere that one of the staff members posted that they've fixed a LOT of bugs now since the last beta, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's all coming together beautifully. As with any new software release, there's going to be more issues in the beginning stages of the release because they will have so many more people using so many aspects of the software that often go unnoticed in beta testing. It's always to be expected. But, with that being said, IPS has always been super attentive about getting updates out to us as fast as they can to insure everyone is happy. It just takes patience and understanding. When you look at the whole big picture of things with the IPB 4.0 community suite, trust me, it's well worth the patience and understanding. You're not going to find a better community suite anywhere than IPB, even when it comes to betas and release candidates. Just be prepared for frequent minor upgrades in the beginning of any new software release, and you wont be disappointed. :wub:

...When you look at the whole big picture of things with the IPB 4.0 community suite, trust me, it's well worth the patience and understanding. You're not going to find a better community suite anywhere than IPB ...

​Probably that is the reason of our impatience :)

Archived