Beta 5 soon?

Flitterkill

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the rate at which older bugs are being closed off, the next drop shouldn't be too far off.

​In 2 days outstanding bugs have gone from 4 pages down to 2. Maybe they'll wait till it's down to 1 page before doing the next release.

They have certainly been working on bugs, last time I checked it was 7 pages of pending and now that's 2. I would expect that we should see another beta release when it is down to zero or one page of pending.

IPS I think will release 1 more beta which will include chat (which is the only thing outstanding from the core offering) - bugs that are then reported will be fixed and then released - if not a release one more beta after that before public release.

I think we are looking at a February release at this rate?

I know there will always be bugs, but personally I would like then to solve all current pending bugs before a new beta release. Or just leave a few (single digit amount) if there are some complex bugs that needs quite a bit of work.

Hoping it then could be released middle or late next week rather than "rushing" it this week.

personally I would like then to solve all current pending bugs before a new beta release.

​Just a general question, since you mention this: Is there any information available here on the forums, how this is being handled? I mean, do they "usually" fix all/most bugs first, before another alpha/beta/gamma... release version is being published? Or do they have a general timeframe where they say "day x should be the day for the next release"? Just curious...

All I know is that V4 B4 has a few issues but it's generally quite stable, it's missing chat from the suite but I expect that to be coming very soon. The reported bugs have dwindled over the last few days, which to me suggests IPS are working heavily on reported bugs to clear these for the next beta release.

The next beta release I would suspect will be pretty solid, I suspect we will also see chat appear for the first time. If the bugs on the next release are minimal, I suspect we will see a RC by the end of January and a launch in February (if everything goes well).

I would then hope that 3rd party apps are launched with or not long after the V4 release, and we can switch over to V4 by end of March/April (I might even take the bullet and switch with all 3rd party apps that I need not being ready).

reported over 50+ bugs already sins Beta start .. I hope no new release this week because I threw in some more bugs today ..

I'm allergic for bugs in the next release .. I don't wanna see them anymore  :)

Wish I could launch my IPS4 site and start selling my own software ..

Vault from PayPal looks good though .. perfect idea for the renewals .. still some hiccups to figure out ..

Archived