FlitterkillJanuary 6, 2015 in Feature Suggestions
It's been a few weeks with 4b. Any news on this front or when it shows up it show up?
It will come once its ready To be fair we have had Christmas week and new year week in the 3 week since the last release.
It will come once its ready
Nobody doubted ...
Three more betas, and I'll look me right decision.
Just waiting stable version to buy it
Can't sleep without Beta 5
I read in ticket response that the next beta was 4c?
The next beta will be Beta 4.caramelised-pork-scratchings
Given the rate at which older bugs are being closed off, the next drop shouldn't be too far off.
In NO HURRY.
So what you are saying the next will be of a different flavor...
Good I never cared for string Beans...
I was wondering if you'd ever start a version naming convention theme like Apple and Google have..
Take your time with IPB 4. Till then do help with 3.x (this)
i check few times a day... can't help it
In 2 days outstanding bugs have gone from 4 pages down to 2. Maybe they'll wait till it's down to 1 page before doing the next release.
Doh, I just remembered that we haven't seen the new chat yet. Hopefully something in the next beta
They have certainly been working on bugs, last time I checked it was 7 pages of pending and now that's 2. I would expect that we should see another beta release when it is down to zero or one page of pending.
IPS I think will release 1 more beta which will include chat (which is the only thing outstanding from the core offering) - bugs that are then reported will be fixed and then released - if not a release one more beta after that before public release.
I think we are looking at a February release at this rate?
I for one must say that I am extremely exited to be using V4 live soon and literally can not wait for release
I know there will always be bugs, but personally I would like then to solve all current pending bugs before a new beta release. Or just leave a few (single digit amount) if there are some complex bugs that needs quite a bit of work.
Hoping it then could be released middle or late next week rather than "rushing" it this week.
personally I would like then to solve all current pending bugs before a new beta release.
Just a general question, since you mention this: Is there any information available here on the forums, how this is being handled? I mean, do they "usually" fix all/most bugs first, before another alpha/beta/gamma... release version is being published? Or do they have a general timeframe where they say "day x should be the day for the next release"? Just curious...
They generally have a few pages of pending reports when releasing new betas. I can't comment on what "guidelines" they have internally.
No known rules. Betas 3 & 4 were released with 4 pages of pending bugs. But I don't think they'll want to release 10, 20 Betas, so from now on we'll see a few releases before final; my bet is one last Beta then 2 RCs.
All I know is that V4 B4 has a few issues but it's generally quite stable, it's missing chat from the suite but I expect that to be coming very soon. The reported bugs have dwindled over the last few days, which to me suggests IPS are working heavily on reported bugs to clear these for the next beta release.
The next beta release I would suspect will be pretty solid, I suspect we will also see chat appear for the first time. If the bugs on the next release are minimal, I suspect we will see a RC by the end of January and a launch in February (if everything goes well).
I would then hope that 3rd party apps are launched with or not long after the V4 release, and we can switch over to V4 by end of March/April (I might even take the bullet and switch with all 3rd party apps that I need not being ready).
reported over 50+ bugs already sins Beta start .. I hope no new release this week because I threw in some more bugs today ..
I'm allergic for bugs in the next release .. I don't wanna see them anymore
Wish I could launch my IPS4 site and start selling my own software ..
Vault from PayPal looks good though .. perfect idea for the renewals .. still some hiccups to figure out ..
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.
Started Thursday at 02:03 PM
Started January 10
Started 4 hours ago