Beta 5 soon?

Flitterkill

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I'm not talking about IPS; there's NO software out there without a bug. Plus, if IPS was a bug proof software, we wouldn't have minor versions, such .1, .2, .3... we're on .7 now, not to mention the security patches released.

​This is not completely true, there are accounts of released software that have no bugs on the systems and version they were intended to run with. Taking to the web development world you could have a simple html script that could run with a simple header. That would be pretty much bugless. Then again I know that is not what you were talking about. There is no complex software out there without a bug.

This is not a software.

​Anything that can be stored electronically is software .. even your font or your girlfriends picture .. also a HTML script, it process data ..

Problem is .. if you spoon with PHP and ZEND (or other framework) .. then you deal with the underlaying bugs to begin with ..

Many apps close to C, C++, etc .. can be nicely presented bug free .. although errors are captured silently (programmed) and will never surface ..

So if ZEND ( I assume this is the framework IPS is build on?! ) is trustworthy in the industry then it's up to IPS to make the best of it ..

And they are damn near close to a perfect top notch product that can make a difference ..

​Anything that can be stored electronically is software .. even your font or your girlfriends picture .. also a HTML script, it process data ..

Problem is .. if you spoon with PHP and ZEND (or other framework) .. then you deal with the underlaying bugs to begin with ..

Many apps close to C, C++, etc .. can be nicely presented bug free .. although errors are captured silently (programmed) and will never surface ..

So if ZEND ( I assume this is the framework IPS is build on?! ) is trustworthy in the industry then it's up to IPS to make the best of it ..

And they are damn near close to a perfect top notch product that can make a difference ..

​IPS4 is not built on Zend. The framework behind IPS4 was built in-house.

This is not a software.

​I put it in those term to help you understand, I do not know your background. I am a software engineer anyways. The point does not change. If I made a console application in C# and all it does it print Hello World. I would not have a bug for it has worked as intended. Bug free

​I put it in those term to help you understand, I do not know your background. I am a software engineer anyways. The point does not change. If I made a console application in C# and all it does it print Hello World. I would not have a bug for it has worked as intended. Bug free

​Indeed, however that would be a compiled program. HTML however is simply markup :)

​Indeed, however that would be a compiled program. HTML however is simply markup :)

​Yes indeed that is correct. Though I thought me might not  understand the example if I said like Console.WriteLine("Hello"); which in C# is terribly easy to read.

as of bug .. http://community.invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/replies-made-on-phone-r1298/

all android users are out of the game with the editor .. only browsing & no replying ..

Will be a bit of a challenge to get that fixed or maybe a new "in-house" editor will be a better choice ..

This is the only major bug I see ..  allot of android customers/users/members out there ..

Will Beta 5 already carry this major bug ? .. for now IPS site has switched off the editor script for android ..

as of bug .. http://community.invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/replies-made-on-phone-r1298/

all android users are out of the game with the editor .. only browsing & no replying ..

Will be a bit of a challenge to get that fixed or maybe a new "in-house" editor will be a better choice ..

This is the only major bug I see ..  allot of android customers/users/members out there ..

Will Beta 5 already carry this major bug ? .. for now IPS site has switched off the editor script for android ..

​Bug was marked fixed as of 4 hours ago.

Archived