IPS 4.7.2 Beta2

18 minutes ago, Mark H said:

You may have visited that page just as we were releasing the beta.

Please empty your browser cache, then revisit the Support page again.

I just tried this on my own cloud package and it worked without issue.

No lucky - same loading ....

My apologies, I misread your account; you're self-hosted, not cloud.

I'm also seeing that behavior.

But that error indicates your server is not allowing the software to communicate with our servers for the update check.

What's puzzling is that the license key check does work, I just did a "refresh" without error.

It's possible that mod security (modsec) is in use and one of its rules blocking the connection.

Is your server using Mod Security, or other security software?

In any case, you would need to check with your host and ask them to check why the connection cannot be made.

1 hour ago, Mark H said:

My apologies, I misread your account; you're self-hosted, not cloud.

I'm also seeing that behavior.

But that error indicates your server is not allowing the software to communicate with our servers for the update check.

What's puzzling is that the license key check does work, I just did a "refresh" without error.

It's possible that mod security (modsec) is in use and one of its rules blocking the connection.

Is your server using Mod Security, or other security software?

In any case, you would need to check with your host and ask them to check why the connection cannot be made.

Mod Security is disable - never had those issues

4.7.2 Beta 1 and all before - no problems tu run support tools in admin cp!

2 minutes ago, Mark H said:

Was it disabled previously?

Or did you just disable it, and the widget loads correctly now?

That was disabled time ago ....

see here

Just loading..loading - please just see on my admin cp - you have access and see please

Could contain: Page, Text, Word, Document

An app contains a hook that extends \IPS\nexus\extensions\nexus\Item\Donation but it's associated file /home/oldlndse/public_html/applications/nexus/extensions/nexus/Item/Donation/Donation.php could not be found.

Never used nexus

The URL of page the error occurred on was https://www.oldlibar.website/admin/?app=core&module=support&controller=support&do=getBlock&block=version&csrfKey=872dccf15914e5690e88557e06c8c2bc

Edited by bosss

13 hours ago, bosss said:
An app contains a hook that extends \IPS\nexus\extensions\nexus\Item\Donation but it's associated file /home/oldlndse/public_html/applications/nexus/extensions/nexus/Item/Donation/Donation.php could not be found.

Never used nexus

The URL of page the error occurred on was https://www.oldlibar.website/admin/?app=core&module=support&controller=support&do=getBlock&block=version&csrfKey=872dccf15914e5690e88557e06c8c2bc

Unfortunately, after disabling all your third party applications/plugins, it loads without error so one of them is creating an invalid call here. You will want to disable them then re-enable one-by-one to find the culprit then work with them to resolve the issue.

9 hours ago, abobader said:

Same issue here regarding the:

Could contain: Text, Page

Also since I update to 4.7.2 beta 1, I have error about gallery/downloads (that I do not have these apps)

Just now, Jim M said:

Unfortunately, after disabling all your third party applications/plugins, it loads without error so one of them is creating an invalid call here. You will want to disable them then re-enable one-by-one to find the culprit then work with them to resolve the issue.

Are you able to try this as well, @abobader?

27 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Hi Jim

I too have the same issue after updating my test site to v4.7.2 beta 2.

Yes, disabling all 3rd party applications has solved the Invision Community spinning graphic but its all 6 of the applications that I have added.  Surely, they all cant have an issue, as they are all v4.7.1 compatible too.

Could contain: Text, Business Card, Paper

8 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Have you checked this with the authors of those applications?

No, but I will alert them.

They are all from the same (popular) author, I'm sure they will carryout their own checks given time.  This is after all beta release, it will be interesting what @bosss and @abobader (and others) find with their 3rd party applications.

3 minutes ago, abobader said:

Hi @Jim M 

Yes, disable all apps/plugins solve the issue, but as I just enable back any of them, problem back again as reported by @Richard Arch 

Also notice repeated error log about gallery and download that I do not have.

9AE2762E-3936-4E02-ABA2-9DF43658418F.SNAG 288.02 kB · 0 downloads

Please ensure your access details are up to date, and we can then take a look at the error logs. 

Not sure what is in your screenshot there as you appear to have attached the snag file, rather than the image

6 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

are these only applications from one specific author? I feel we need to narrow that down first of all

Hi Marc,

They are from different authors, same issue as when I enable one as testing.

1 minute ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please ensure your access details are up to date, and we can then take a look at the error logs.

Access details are fine and ok, you can try Jim to access the test site as any time you like.

Sorry I meant Marc, sorry buddy 🙂

Yay - us 3rd party developers can now get out from under the bus we were being thrown under... 😄

15 hours ago, bosss said:

Never used nexus

BTW - if you have Chatbox installed then this is probably related to it having a hook in to the Donation functionality in Nexus:

"Donation": {
        "type": "C",
        "class": "\\IPS\\nexus\\extensions\\nexus\\Item\\Donation"
    },