New notification when content is approved in 4.6

Go to solution Solved by AlexWebsites,

In 4.6.2, the release notes state -  Added a new notification when content is approved

Where is this and how does it work? If a member posts content that is held for moderation, how are they notified? I don't see a setting for this or emails going out.

image.png.ebd3c22d9c46d22759009ac05d4b2524.png

I'm using this group setting:

image.thumb.png.d7aebc5e1be8bb3414216dc8cc45ea3f.png

Edited by AlexWebsites

2 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

I was thinking the same. I checked the user's setting and they have email enabled. They did receive a notification on the site but an email notification was not triggered for some reason.

image.png.7e4d3a2a1c14266f8b40a760a7e7003a.png 

Were they online when the notification was generated? If so, an email would not be dispatched. 

7 hours ago, Jim M said:

Were they online when the notification was generated? If so, an email would not be dispatched. 

I've confirmed this on two of my sites this evening that the users were not online and they still did not get an email and no email dispatched in logs. They only received a site notification.

11 hours ago, Daniel F said:

I think it’s covered by 

BTW, users on my site do not get notification when someone posts on their profile. They are only notified when they reply to that post and someone replies back. Please check on your end if possible.

profile.thumb.png.ffd33997b8b7876a9fe1c879430ed900.png

6 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

I've confirmed this on two of my sites this evening that the users were not online and they still did not get an email and no email dispatched in logs. They only received a site notification.

Check you are running the latest release with all patches installed, and also disable any and all 3rd party items while you test this. If you are then still having an issue, please submit a ticket so we can take a look

3 hours ago, Anawa said:

BTW, users on my site do not get notification when someone posts on their profile. They are only notified when they reply to that post and someone replies back. Please check on your end if possible.

profile.thumb.png.ffd33997b8b7876a9fe1c879430ed900.png

The same as above for this one, Anawa. 

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Check you are running the latest release with all patches installed, and also disable any and all 3rd party items while you test this. If you are then still having an issue, please submit a ticket so we can take a look

Will do, I'm going to test a bit more. I disabled everything and still same issue. I am using Amazon SES and the email address is receiving other notification emails. Its just odd, because other notifications are going out just not when content is approved.

I did some more testing on one of my lower traffic sites. Updated to latest version, created new user/checked notification settings, disabled a few apps/plugins and am running on phpmail. Checked mail logs and no emails for approved content to that user email, only notification bubble on the site. I submitted a ticket because I'm stumped on what to check next.

This issue has been confirmed by IPS through a support ticket and the good news is they are working on a fix. The workaround is to re-save the content notification setting either by logging in as the user or through the ACP. One you re-save, the email notification is sent after content is approved. I've tested and used this workaround multiple times and has worked for me. For now its an extra few steps but hopefully there will be a patch or fix soon. This is important for some of my sites as it triggers the content poster to come back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 4:25 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

This is still showing as being worked on at present, and  your ticket on this is still active

I've removed the "marked as solved" for my post showing the workaround IPS support provided. This way we know its still an open issue in this support forum. Hopefully you get it sorted.

I see the release notes for 4.6.7 Beta 1 but don't see a fix for this issue. Is it included in this next release? The workaround to make sure a user receives an email notification that their content is approved is a bit tiring and time consuming with multiple sites.

https://invisioncommunity.com/release-notes/

Edited by AlexWebsites

• 4 weeks later...
  • Management

Hi!

Apologies for the delay. This is a very high level issue which is greater than just this one notification. Essentially, once you have set your notifications up, any new notification types are not being picked up by your settings without resetting them in the Admin CP. We are working on a solution but it's not a simple fix and we are still working on the best route to take.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Hi!

Apologies for the delay. This is a very high level issue which is greater than just this one notification. Essentially, once you have set your notifications up, any new notification types are not being picked up by your settings without resetting them in the Admin CP. We are working on a solution but it's not a simple fix and we are still working on the best route to take.

Thanks Matt, my main issue is that it’s on new registrations. User registers, submits content to be moderated, and unless I save in ACP for that new member, they are never notified of approval with an email.

For existing members, would resetting everyone’s notifications essentially fix that as a re-save?

• 3 weeks later...