New notification when content is approved in 4.6

Go to solution Solved by AlexWebsites,

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/15/2022 at 4:24 PM, Ryan Ashbrook said:

Unfortunately, not at this time. We are investigating a short term temporary fix, and a longer term more permanent fix, however I do not have anything to report at this time, I'm afraid.

How's this coming? Figured I check a couple of months now since the last post. I've been manually setting each member in ACP before approving so they get this email notification and come back to the site, but it's time consuming with multiple sites. 

10 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

How's this coming? Figured I check a couple of months now since the last post. I've been manually setting each member in ACP before approving so they get this email notification and come back to the site, but it's time consuming with multiple sites. 

There is no update we are able to give at this point, unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

@Stuart Silvester encouraged me to look into this as he mentioned not having an issue with some testing. I may have found the fix to this and got it working on my sites. Turns out that even though the default notification settings in ACP where correct for email:

Could contain: Text, Page, File, Document

The DB was not showing this under the default notifications table and showing inline only (not sure why).

Could contain: Word, Text, Menu, Number, Symbol, Page

I re-saved in ACP and now the db is correct:

Could contain: Word, Text, Number, Symbol, Menu

After this, it does seem to be working. It seems that the fix may be to re-save the default notifications in ACP. Why the db did not reflect what is in ACP, I do not know. I am going to have to recheck all default notifications and re-save them. Check your db table core_notification_defaults if you are having issues.

Something must have happened along the lines/updates. I would encourage everyone to re-save because they may not be sending notifications. I also noticed reaction notifications not going out and this was the reason. Push notification alone were mostly not active. Weird, but glad I found this. All these months waiting for a fix...lol. I re-saved notification preferences on all my sites. Maybe it'll stimulate more activity...

Edited by AlexWebsites

On 5/23/2022 at 1:19 PM, AlexWebsites said:

Something must have happened along the lines/updates. I would encourage everyone to re-save because they may not be sending notifications. I also noticed reaction notifications not going out and this was the reason. Push notification alone were mostly not active. Weird, but glad I found this. All these months waiting for a fix...lol. I re-saved notification preferences on all my sites. Maybe it'll stimulate more activity...

Any idea if resaving on the notifications in admin cp affects user accounts or would I need to reset all members to default preferences? 

Edited by marklcfc

24 minutes ago, marklcfc said:

Any idea if resaving on the notifications in admin cp affects user accounts or would I need to reset all members to default preferences? 

Default values are used if the member hasn't set their preference for the notification type. It's fixed in 4.7 so you don't really need to do anything 🙂

45 minutes ago, marklcfc said:

I re-saved and then ran the utility on each of my sites to set the members to default. Mainly because who knows how long this issue was happening and when I spot checked some members, push was not active. If the members receive a notification they didn’t before, oh well.. they can re-save their preferences. It was more important for me to make sure we weren’t missing anything. If you look at when I reported this issue in this topic, that’s how long it’s been happening. On my sites it was more than just the content approval notification. Reactions weren’t going out and push notifications as well. 

Edited by AlexWebsites