Community Map

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2020 at 1:13 AM, odevriese said:

Hello,

Just installed Community Map on our board (fmsource.com). The installation as the import went well but I don't see any marker on the map and the list in the sidebar is also empty. Nevertheless, browsing the markers, I can see that all of them have been imported from Member Map.
And even if I create a new group and add a new marker, it doesn't show up on the map.

Permissions are also ok.

Am I missing something in the configuration?

Hi @Martin A.

Installation went off without a hitch, with the exception of bringing up the marker list. I saw that you had someone else press F12 and see if there were any errors; this is what I see when I did the same:

1221591340_Screenshot(189).png.b21198f81d53933f3fb8eb54c4943843.png

......NO CLUE what any of this means. Do you see something here of value in helping find a way to fix this issue?

This is what I see on my site:

1025769603_Screenshot(191).thumb.png.2db7326df052bedef882f2f87b191a92.png

Thanks for your help!

On 2/4/2021 at 4:00 AM, Joss Leal said:

Hi @Martin A.

Installation went off without a hitch, with the exception of bringing up the marker list. I saw that you had someone else press F12 and see if there were any errors; this is what I see when I did the same:

1221591340_Screenshot(189).png.b21198f81d53933f3fb8eb54c4943843.png

......NO CLUE what any of this means. Do you see something here of value in helping find a way to fix this issue?

This is what I see on my site:

1025769603_Screenshot(191).thumb.png.2db7326df052bedef882f2f87b191a92.png

Thanks for your help!

You should disable the "Show a list of markers in the sidebar?" setting. Unfortunately only member markers will show in that list, Pages records, calendar events, etc, will not show there (yet).

46 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

You should disable the "Show a list of markers in the sidebar?" setting. Unfortunately only member markers will show in that list, Pages records, calendar events, etc, will not show there (yet).

Excited for that release, and thanks for the info!

Just one other question that I've been trying to work through, but can't seem to figure out. I'm trying to make the map visible to guests, and the permissions don't seem to prevent guests from accessing the map, but it just won't show up for them. I've tried a mix of all the settings I can imagine. Is Community Map restricted to just members by default, or do I need to do some more digging? I've looked at member group permissions, app settings, menu settings/permissions, and still stumped. 

Thanks for your help, @Martin A.!

3 hours ago, Joss Leal said:

Excited for that release, and thanks for the info!

I haven't confirmed anything yet 🙂 

3 hours ago, Joss Leal said:

Just one other question that I've been trying to work through, but can't seem to figure out. I'm trying to make the map visible to guests, and the permissions don't seem to prevent guests from accessing the map, but it just won't show up for them. I've tried a mix of all the settings I can imagine. Is Community Map restricted to just members by default, or do I need to do some more digging? I've looked at member group permissions, app settings, menu settings/permissions, and still stumped. 

Thanks for your help, @Martin A.!

Have a look at these permissions. You'll find this in the application list
image.thumb.png.4962f407ffab3f327057bc68ecd5ed02.png

1 hour ago, Martin A. said:

I haven't confirmed anything yet 🙂 

Have a look at these permissions. You'll find this in the application list
image.thumb.png.4962f407ffab3f327057bc68ecd5ed02.png

So, I've checked the following locations. 1) going to APP permissions brings this up:

82785193_Screenshot(194).thumb.png.52f8851c9d2d11e30a185c983ec974de.png

I checked these settings; I've also checks permissions where I designate "all":705524914_Screenshot(196).thumb.png.f18d84b9d82c0bda51736076d9b5aef9.png

Even these settings:

662454828_Screenshot(197).thumb.png.09d75f7f19c84a78eb7557636dbfc638.png

And I see this on the main page:

243707960_Screenshot(195).thumb.png.ea6215e81bcb2dccafe0e4296d28ca85.png

(Nothing before cases, which is where I have "Map" designated to be.

Is nothing showing up because there are no "member" markers? I guess that's my question, since that's the only "group" coming up in "guest" permissions under the "Community Map" tab.

Edited by Joss Leal
Added content to 2nd screenshot.
21 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

@Joss Leal The error message you get indicates that guests don't have access to one of the modules in the app. The permission you checked in the application list was just for the whole application. Click the little arrow on the left hand side to reveal the modules. These have their own permissions.

image.png.ebc8c2657cff0b1eded40377f8bd7391.png

Everybody reading through this must have been shaking their heads this whole time. THANK YOU, so sorry for this oversight.

Fixed, and everything works beautifully!!!

Edited by Joss Leal
10 hours ago, ToeJam said:

I upgrade to the newest map but seem to have lost some things, namely special profile fields visible in the map markers.  How do I get these back, or to show again?

Thanks

The setting that determined the fields to show have been converted to a marker group setting. Edit the "Members" marker group, and you'll find the "Map popup settings" in the bottom of the first tab.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Steph40 said:

@Martin A. I might have missed a setting somewhere but is it or would it be possible to add the map in pages with just postal code and not the full address fields. 

I have done it with adding a postal code to the profile page and it works but I can't seem to do it in the pages app.

Thank you

In Pages you are using an "Address" kind of field. The IPS framework will not get the coordinates when the address is incomplete.

When you add a partial address in your profile, which is then picked up by Community Map, it will do a request to MapQuest in order to get the location.

I'll see if I can do anything about this.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Mateusz Manikowski said:

Hi @Martin A.

I have question, how i can show widget map on my homepage?

Thank's

There's no widget available for this app, but you can add it as an iframe.

You should be able to add this to a Pages block, select "Manual HTML".

<iframe src='{url="app=communitymap&module=communitymap&controller=showmap&do=embed" seoTemplate="communitymap"}' width='100%' height='300' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' marginheight='0' marginwidth='0'></iframe>

8 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

There's no widget available for this app, but you can add it as an iframe.

You should be able to add this to a Pages block, select "Manual HTML".

<iframe src='{url="app=communitymap&module=communitymap&controller=showmap&do=embed" seoTemplate="communitymap"}' width='100%' height='300' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' marginheight='0' marginwidth='0'></iframe>

Thank you 🙂