Community Map

On 3/13/2021 at 6:09 AM, Martin A. said:

Member's Country integration. The country flag will be updated when the member location is added or edited.

Hi Martin,
Having this feature, is that possible to disable this integration, in case I don't want flags to be changed automatically, once a user updated his Marker on the map?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Martin.

I still have a 4.4 community installed and I could test the previous version which is free.

However, in the free version you can only add one location per category and user. 

In the paid version description it's not clear if you can add more than 1 location per category and user. Is it possible ?
It says "Create unlimited marker groups with unlimited markers for member meet-ups, exhibits, landmarks,.."

I want to have a category called: "Favourite Stores", and each member should be able to add as many stores as they want in the map for that category. Someone could add 5 stores, while other users might only add 1 or 2. Or I could create a category where I would add 100 locations. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2021 at 10:49 AM, gabs007 said:

Hi Martin.

I still have a 4.4 community installed and I could test the previous version which is free.

However, in the free version you can only add one location per category and user. 

In the paid version description it's not clear if you can add more than 1 location per category and user. Is it possible ?
It says "Create unlimited marker groups with unlimited markers for member meet-ups, exhibits, landmarks,.."

I want to have a category called: "Favourite Stores", and each member should be able to add as many stores as they want in the map for that category. Someone could add 5 stores, while other users might only add 1 or 2. Or I could create a category where I would add 100 locations. 

It's only the "Members" category that is restricted to one marker. The other categories you add are unlimited. This was the same in Member Map too.

On 4/23/2021 at 10:16 PM, emeric73 said:

Bonnjour,

I have a small bug, the title of the email field is missing on the formimage.thumb.png.5be8a2206f02675dbe6bc4f621f1055a.png

Thanks, I'll look into that.

On 4/23/2021 at 10:16 PM, emeric73 said:

Idea for addition:

- The possibility with the field sends of image, that it resizes the images to avoid a big display on the part visitor

Merci 

Can you please post a screenshot? I'm not sure I understood your issue.

22 hours ago, Jim said:

Hi,

Am I able to restrict how precise a member can pin their location.

I'm happy for members to select their town / general area, but not any more specific than that for security/safety.

Regards

Jim

That is something I want to do, but not sure how I can do that technically. 

One thing that could be done it to add/remove a random number from the coordinates to intentionally misplace the marker. 

1 hour ago, Martin A. said:

That is something I want to do, but not sure how I can do that technically. 

One thing that could be done it to add/remove a random number from the coordinates to intentionally misplace the marker. 

The answers simple. Restrict the map zoom. Is there any real need for people to be able to zoom right in to see the very street someones on?

@Martin A. and @Steve Bullman,

Afraid my knowledge of what the maps can and cannot do is limited, so maybe some form of restriction from entering a postcode, street name or physically dropping a pin? So this would force the user to only type in a town, city?

However if that is possible, maybe consider some form of user group based permissions...

For example I would want to restrict my members to protect their privacy etc, but I have Club Sponsors who as a business would want their exact location pinning and I would consider having pins for events/meeting locations etc.

Regards

Jim

8 minutes ago, Jim said:

Afraid my knowledge of what the maps can and cannot do is limited, so maybe some form of restriction from entering a postcode, street name or physically dropping a pin? So this would force the user to only type in a town, city?

However if that is possible, maybe consider some form of user group based permissions...

For example I would want to restrict my members to protect their privacy etc, but I have Club Sponsors who as a business would want their exact location pinning and I would consider having pins for events/meeting locations etc.

Regards

Jim

Ive just done more or less the same thing on my site with user based permissions.

Regular guests and members get to see a map at a fixed location which is of no real use. To be able to zoom right in they need to upgrade.

Image below is what regular members see. Enough to see theres something in their area but not enough to present any security issues.

1293341515_Screenshot2021-05-06at10_31_20.thumb.png.232ad0fd72abd97867a432570def0454.png

Edited by Steve Bullman
12 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

The answers simple. Restrict the map zoom. Is there any real need for people to be able to zoom right in to see the very street someones on?

For normal member markers, probably not. But for all other kinds of markers there is indeed a very big need to zoom in on the exact location. 

12 hours ago, Jim said:

Regards

Jim

When a member searches for location, Community Map will get the full address in return. What I could do is execute a new search but only with the postcode and city. That would in some countries not pinpoint the location. But I'm not sure if this would work in London, for instance, where I believe almost every block have its own postcode.

User enters: "My street 123, 43234 City", Mapquest will then respond with almost the same address, maybe they've added a region to it, but I could then do a new search for just "43234 City", removing the address line(s).

I would also like to say that we are all responsible for our own security and privacy, and this goes for all your users as well. If they want to publish their full address on the internet that is their own choice, and you can't say they haven't done it on purpose. 
Immediately after they've added the marker they are taken straight to the location they just added, and if they are not happy with the position of it they are free to delete it or update it.

That is one of the reasons why I'm not adding a GeoIP feature that'll automatically put people on the map.

Bonjour,

- Merci pour votre retour d'expérience, la même option que sur la base de données pour modifier l'image d'illustration. image en ex :

exempleimages.thumb.jpg.7f68753d6935744d8ce5f59f5b4e7da9.jpg

- Too bad it is not possible to have a different marker per database

- @ Steve Bullman Comment avez-vous réussi à utiliser Google Maps?

Merci pour vos réponses

Edited by emeric73
On 5/10/2021 at 9:17 PM, Jim said:

Hi @Martin A.

I've purchased your Application as I wanted to understand how it all works.

Quick question, I have tried to set any of the 'Stadia' maps options to show and they are all blank. Checked on Safari and Chrome, both the same.

Jim

Hi,

I've done some research. In order to use Stadia you have to register a free account. Once registered, you can whitelist your domain within your account settings.

https://client.stadiamaps.com/signup/

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, 
I think I've a little security issue here : if you enable the "display mini-map in profile" option, it is always displayed regardless of the viewer marker access rights.
For example if the user marker is in a set visible only by registered users, the marker will still be visible by guest users.
For the moment we've disabled the "profile mini-map", but I think we'll appreciate if this could be fixed.

Thankyou for your attention,

D

On 6/6/2021 at 3:53 AM, Dexter_X said:

Hi, 
I think I've a little security issue here : if you enable the "display mini-map in profile" option, it is always displayed regardless of the viewer marker access rights.
For example if the user marker is in a set visible only by registered users, the marker will still be visible by guest users.
For the moment we've disabled the "profile mini-map", but I think we'll appreciate if this could be fixed.

Thankyou for your attention,

D

That is definitely something I'm going to look into. Should be an easy fix.

It will come as part of the 4.6 update, which unfortunately isn't backwards compatible with 4.5.

On 6/8/2021 at 8:20 PM, derpunker said:

Is there a release for IPS 4.6 planned and if yes, when?

Given that I just installed 4.6 for the first time this evening it might take a few days. Looks like it's not too much involved in getting it updated. I'll first do a compatibility update, then I'll add new features later on.

45 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

That is definitely something I'm going to look into. Should be an easy fix.

thankyou !

46 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

It will come as part of the 4.6 update, which unfortunately isn't backwards compatible with 4.5.

no problem, we're already working on 4.6 update of our community. 😉 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 10:21 PM, Martin A. said:

Given that I just installed 4.6 for the first time this evening it might take a few days. Looks like it's not too much involved in getting it updated. I'll first do a compatibility update, then I'll add new features later on.

Are there any news regarding the IPS 4.6.x update?