Community Map

@Martin A. I just installed the update from the marketplace and now my map centers on Bermuda and all my markers are gone.  I refreshed the server and all but no change.  The map itself actually scrolls up over my header also...not sure by I think something may be wrong?

https://7173mustangs.com/forums/communitymap/

ETA: FIXED!  It was an issue with my server/cronjob...everything is working perfect now!

Thanks Martin!!

Edited by RocketStang
3 hours ago, bassangler said:

Hello?

Sorry about that. Clicking the notification from RocketStang's post must have caused me to miss yours.

I believe that during the IPS 4.5 onboarding process, you've selected that "Community Map" from the Marketplace is "Member Map". Those are not the same app, and the only way to fix this is to submit a support ticket to IPS. They can go in an "un-couple" that connection. After that you should be able to install Community Map.

Well, I see "Community Map" was installed separately from"Member Map".  When I went into "Community Map" in the ACP, I was prompted to transfer all the markers from "Member Map" into "Communty Map", which I did. 

It ran the process, and then gave the same error again about not having a default value (the same one you said you fixed).

I then went the public /communitymap/ URL and got this lovely error:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX1364

This error was probably caused by application Community Map.
If the issue persists, disable it and contact the author for further assistance

INSERT INTO `communitymap_markers_groups` ( `group_name`, `group_name_seo`, `group_protected`, `group_type`, `group_pin_colour`, `group_pin_bg_colour`, `group_pin_icon`, `group_position` ) VALUES ( 'Members', 'members', 1, 'member', '#FFFFFF', 'darkblue', 'fa-user', 1 )
IPS\Db\Exception: Field 'group_customfields' doesn't have a default value (1364)
#0 REMOVED PATH/system/Db/Db.php(948): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*removed...', Array)
#1 /REMOVED PATH/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(487): IPS\_Db->insert('communitymap_ma...', Array)
#2 /REMOVED PATH/system/Node/Model.php(2389): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /REMOVED PATH/applications/communitymap/sources/Markers/Groups.php(708): IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 /REMOVED PATH/applications/communitymap/sources/Map/Map.php(63): IPS\communitymap\Markers\_Groups->save()
#5 /REMOVED PATH/applications/communitymap/modules/front/communitymap/showmap.php(63): IPS\communitymap\_Map->getMemberGroupId()
#6 /REMOVED PATH/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\communitymap\modules\front\communitymap\_showmap->manage()
#7 /REMOVED PATH/applications/communitymap/modules/front/communitymap/showmap.php(36): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /REMOVED PATH/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\communitymap\modules\front\communitymap\_showmap->execute()
#9 /REMOVED PATH/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

I've noticed that the custom fields are note being separated by 'enters' on the markers page as shown below (Contact, Attachment/Upload) which is quite distracting, could this be fixed please?

Further, can you please confirm what is the best way to add photo (that would pop-up on the map) to  a marker? I have achieved it by adding an 'Upload' custom field and chose this custom filed to be shown on the pup-up. As shown below.

image.thumb.png.df7f176c09a720aa56dea46cddc5816a.png

On 11/5/2020 at 5:37 AM, svit said:

Hi I have noticed when clicking on Browse Markers the minimap shows quite 'zoomed out' I think it would be beneficial to have it zoomed in (as Google does) so that the address is clear.

I'll add that as a group setting.

32 minutes ago, svit said:

I've noticed that the custom fields are note being separated by 'enters' on the markers page as shown below (Contact, Attachment/Upload) which is quite distracting, could this be fixed please?

Further, can you please confirm what is the best way to add photo (that would pop-up on the map) to  a marker? I have achieved it by adding an 'Upload' custom field and chose this custom filed to be shown on the pup-up. As shown below.

image.thumb.png.df7f176c09a720aa56dea46cddc5816a.png

How do you suggest this should be? Not being a designer, I couldn't come up with a good way to do this.

Using the upload field is the correct way to show an image. It will show as above if the uploaded file is an image, and as an attachment link if it's not.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Guitar Gathering said:

Martin,

I'm updating from Member Map and I don't want to lose all of the member info/locations already in Member Map when I configure Community Map.

It's asking me for an "Mapquest API Key"?  Where do I locate that?

Thanks for any help you can offer. - Steve

If you have Member Map installed when you've installed Community Map it will transfer the API key from Member Map to Community Map as part if the conversion process.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I wonder if there is a way to plugin a custom map into the map manager? (for example from computer games, movies, books, role playing etc). We have created the map tiles and used leaflet to zoom around. So we think we are close. :rolleyes:

I there a way to add such custom maps / configurations into the map manager? Without messing around too much (thinking about upgrades and maintenance and so on).

Thanks! 🙂

21 hours ago, ossipetz said:

Hello

I wonder if there is a way to plugin a custom map into the map manager? (for example from computer games, movies, books, role playing etc). We have created the map tiles and used leaflet to zoom around. So we think we are close. :rolleyes:

I there a way to add such custom maps / configurations into the map manager? Without messing around too much (thinking about upgrades and maintenance and so on).

Thanks! 🙂

It is not easily doable out of the box. In addition to adding the map tiles, you'd also have to rip out all calls to the API. Having that around, and possibly adding "real" coordinates to such a map may not be great.

Think this is better as a custom app.

2 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

It is not easily doable out of the box. In addition to adding the map tiles, you'd also have to rip out all calls to the API. Having that around, and possibly adding "real" coordinates to such a map may not be great.

Think this is better as a custom app.

Thanks for the reply and the assessment. Will think about a custom app then 🙂

On 10/5/2020 at 12:49 AM, Martin A. said:

They can be added automatically if the members location is saved in a profile field. I am not familiar with the Wordpress plugin, so I do not know how that works.

I do have that field here! 🙂  And here's what it looks like. We have over 1200 people in our Invision Community and I'm still a little unsure about how to add them all to the map. Do they do it, or can I run a process and add them automatically? I just updated to your latest version and it works great! Thank you @Martin A.

On 10/5/2020 at 2:17 PM, Martin A. said:

What happens to the members account once the membership ends? I can add a member group setting to not show members of a certain group If they're moved to a group for inactive members.

Is it possible for you to have a different group that they get put into if they cancel? We have a group called "Non Members" that people get put into if they cancel or pause their account. This would be great because the map would only show our "Active Members" so it will be more accurate. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking to add a new feature to my site that shows where freelancers/subcontractors are in the country. I would want it to be quite simple whereby the member can set their map and also include a couple fields showing their skillset. Would this app acheive this out of the box? If not, would you be able to do some private custom work to make it so?

On 12/14/2020 at 10:16 PM, svit said:

Would it be possible to create markers for Gallery images as per their geotag information?

We are running gallery of interesting architecture and it would be very useful to have the buildings shown on the map.

Late reply. Really sorry about that!

I don't own a Gallery license, so I can't answer right now if that is possible. Do you know if the coordinates are easily availaible in the database?

23 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

I'm looking to add a new feature to my site that shows where freelancers/subcontractors are in the country. I would want it to be quite simple whereby the member can set their map and also include a couple fields showing their skillset. Would this app acheive this out of the box? If not, would you be able to do some private custom work to make it so?

Sounds like that should be possible. You can have a profile field where they add their skills, and have that profile field show in the marker popup.

10 hours ago, Martin A. said:

Late reply. Really sorry about that!

I don't own a Gallery license, so I can't answer right now if that is possible. Do you know if the coordinates are easily availaible in the database?

I found the coordinates are being read from the images GPS tag and saved in the database as shown:

image.thumb.png.b164474830ca616b82f025210f1530c2.png

On 12/14/2020 at 9:16 PM, svit said:

Would it be possible to create markers for Gallery images as per their geotag information?

We are running gallery of interesting architecture and it would be very useful to have the buildings shown on the map.

image.png.d76e9db5963d70e0b0c9d79703baf146.png

I would like to second this 

I think it would be a really nice feature 

7 hours ago, HOUSEHOW said:

Does this app create member markers automatically after registration like previous "member map"?

Yes, as long as the options in the "Profile sync" tab is enabled it will behave the same as "Member Map". 

If this is an upgrade from Member Map, and you followed the upgrade process, those settings are converted to this application.