Community Map

2 hours ago, Arcade King said:

I just purchased this plugin.

I seem to be missing that Add Location button as seen in your screen shot 😕

Hi

Check your permissions for the "Members" category. The default should be that all member groups except guests are allowed to add markers. That is the only thing that would cause that button to disappear. 

14 hours ago, Martin A. said:

Hi

Check your permissions for the "Members" category. The default should be that all member groups except guests are allowed to add markers. That is the only thing that would cause that button to disappear. 

Hi

I run a Retro Pinball and Arcade forum and are using the Community Map for Machine locations on site. I noticed making a secondary category, in this case "Machines on site", the button is missing.

I've currently got the Main Member Map disabled.

You have to click "Browse Markers" then select the catagory. Since I'm not using it as a pure member map it would be nice to see a add marker button on sub catagory maps to make it easier to add sites.

8 hours ago, Arcade King said:

Hi

I run a Retro Pinball and Arcade forum and are using the Community Map for Machine locations on site. I noticed making a secondary category, in this case "Machines on site", the button is missing.

I've currently got the Main Member Map disabled.

You have to click "Browse Markers" then select the catagory. Since I'm not using it as a pure member map it would be nice to see a add marker button on sub catagory maps to make it easier to add sites.

The button above the map is only for entering member locations. All other markers have to go through the "Browse Markers" link. You can also use the "+ Create" menu in the header, which is always available.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/11/2023 at 10:25 AM, stu_m said:

Hi @Martin A.

How will this be updated now that the marketplace is closing? 

Will you be continuing to support this in someway? 

I will not continue supporting this app in IPS 5. I may set the repository on Github for this application to public in a while, unless someone else is willing to take over this application. 

Support will continue in the 4.x series, and updates will be sent on demand when needed.

35 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

I will not continue supporting this app in IPS 5. I may set the repository on Github for this application to public in a while, unless someone else is willing to take over this application. 

Support will continue in the 4.x series, and updates will be sent on demand when needed.

OH! 

Thats a bit disappointing! 

52 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

I have quite a few clients that use this app. I might be interested in taking it over, but I need more details about v5 first. Until I take a look at its code, I'm not sure.

13 hours ago, Martin A. said:

Oh. Thousands of members use it on my site 😥

2 minutes ago, DawPi said:

Supporting for v5 mean create it from scratch! 🙂

Nope. Template stuff will, the PHP part, no. We'll have to change a lot of stuff like \IPS\Member::loggedIn() to Member::bla bla bla (declaring it before) and a lot of extensions into listeners... and convert the existing hooks into listeners, where it's possible. Not a FULL rewrite but some will require boring work.

• 2 weeks later...