Community Map

Uh Oh...first problem!  I upgraded from Member Map and all my markers were imported and everything was good but then I decided to uninstall the old Member Map app to clean up my App Tab and it wiped out all my markers and reset the settings!   Is there no way to get them back?

ETA...markers came back after a hard refresh.  Martin is checking to make sure it was just a fluke!!

Edited by RocketStang
3 minutes ago, svit said:

Was there an intention to import the translated language pack from Member Map as well? It seems in my case the Community Map needs to be translated from scratch. Just wanted to ask if I haven't overlooked anything.

No, that was not the intention. The only translated string it converted is the title of the marker groups.

If you have the old Member Map translation stored as an XML you can come pretty far by replacing "membermap" with "communitymap", although I do not guarantee that this works perfectly.

Hey @Martin A.

This looks good. 

We are in the middle of adding Google Maps to a pages db with several categories and I'm wondering whether we should switch to Community Map.

It's unclear from your description how the map is shown for records. Do I have to alter the record template to show the map? Also, can I show all the records for a single db and filter that by category and show them on a map, and if so, again, how do I show the map? Do I add it to the listing template for example?

Many thanks

Chris

5 hours ago, christopher-w said:

Hey @Martin A.

This looks good. 

We are in the middle of adding Google Maps to a pages db with several categories and I'm wondering whether we should switch to Community Map.

It's unclear from your description how the map is shown for records. Do I have to alter the record template to show the map? Also, can I show all the records for a single db and filter that by category and show them on a map, and if so, again, how do I show the map? Do I add it to the listing template for example?

Many thanks

Chris

As of right now it will only show those records on the main map. There is currently no way to embed just a portion of the map somewhere else, but that is of course something I can look in to. 

On 9/19/2020 at 5:20 PM, Martin A. said:

As of right now it will only show those records on the main map. There is currently no way to embed just a portion of the map somewhere else, but that is of course something I can look in to. 

Thank you. We can easily finish what we are doing, so don't put yourself out for us. But if it's something that you do introduce in future then of course we'd be silly not to consider it, especially given the other site wide benefits it offers.

Hi,

Also just noticed on the sales page it says, "Create unlimited maps with unlimited markers"

Does this mean we can have more than 1 map? Each say containing different sorts of information?

Also is there a way we can add custom fields to the add marker page so we can include more information?

Many thanks again.

Edited by Unlucky
8 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

When I select update location

Then I click either use current location or enter it in the text field and click save, nothing happens and nothing updates

I want to blame this on either Ezoic or CloudFlare RocketLoader. The Javascript console is full over errors that cause this. If I enabled Adblock on your site I were able to search for a location in the text field and submit it that way, but the geolocation was still not working. RocketLoader is known for causing issues with IPS.

8 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Also just noticed on the sales page it says, "Create unlimited maps with unlimited markers"

Does this mean we can have more than 1 map? Each say containing different sorts of information?

Also is there a way we can add custom fields to the add marker page so we can include more information?

Many thanks again.

No, there's only one map. I had someone else write that description for me, and looks like he overdid it on that one. I should be "unlimited groups with unlimited markers".

I'll look into adding custom fields.

There's a bug in the recent release..

Stack: 

TypeError: Argument 1 passed to IPS\communitymap\Members\_Groups::getData() must be of the type int, null given, called in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/mpsept/applications/communitymap/extensions/core/GroupForm/communitymap.php on line 40 (0)
#0 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/mpsept/applications/communitymap/extensions/core/GroupForm/communitymap.php(40): IPS\communitymap\Members\_Groups::getData(NULL)
#1 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/mpsept/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(207): IPS\communitymap\extensions\core\GroupForm\_communitymap->process(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form), Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#2 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/mpsept/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->form()
#3 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/mpsept/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(39): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/mpsept/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->execute()
#5 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/mpsept/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

13 hours ago, derpunker said:

Thanks for the great map! 🙂

I'm just migrating for the MemberMap to the CommunityMap and found problem.
All links going to the MemberMap are now dead. 😞

Example:
www.mydomain.com/index.php?/membermap

Has some an idea to fix this dead links?

Thanks in advance.

The name changed to /communitymap

You may have to create a new nav link in your menu manager to get it to show.

17 hours ago, derpunker said:

Thanks for the great map! 🙂

I'm just migrating for the MemberMap to the CommunityMap and found problem.
All links going to the MemberMap are now dead. 😞

Example:
www.mydomain.com/index.php?/membermap

Has some an idea to fix this dead links?

Thanks in advance.

I have a fix for this prepared, but I can't upload a new version until the previously submitted version is approved in the marketplace.

3 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Is it possible for guests to be able to use the update location facility?

No. Or, they can with the "post before registration" feature, but those are shown when the registration is completed.

2 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

I have a fix for this prepared, but I can't upload a new version until the previously submitted version is approved in the marketplace.

That sounds good for me 🙂

So the community map will automatically redirects from /membermap to /communitymap ?

Updating the links in my own community is not the problem.
I'm more interessted in keeping the links somewhere in the internet alive so that the members and also guests are not confused when they are redirected to the default-community page (in my case forum).

I just saw that the version 1.0.2 was published one minute ago. Was that the version which blocks your upload?

31 minutes ago, derpunker said:

That sounds good for me 🙂

So the community map will automatically redirects from /membermap to /communitymap ?

Updating the links in my own community is not the problem.
I'm more interessted in keeping the links somewhere in the internet alive so that the members and also guests are not confused when they are redirected to the default-community page (in my case forum).

I just saw that the version 1.0.2 was published one minute ago. Was that the version which blocks your upload?

It was indeed. 1.0.3 is submitted which addresses the old membermap URLs. It will do a 301 redirect from /membermap/* to /communitymap/*.