Community Map

7 hours ago, Adam.M said:

1. How do I manually run the task that imports members? 50 a day is going to take decades.

image.thumb.png.f2452a5b65f3dfe013567cbea86a6edd.png

And then find the task "locationSync". 

7 hours ago, Adam.M said:

2. I want to remove the memberlist from the /communitymap page, and I want to display only markers - not membernames. How do I do that?

Currently only members are shown in the sidebar. This is an area I want to improve, so look out for an update about this in the future.

Hello @Martin A.. I found an annoying bug with Community Map. When I click on save after creating a new group, I have the following error message :

TypeError: Argument 2 passed to IPS\communitymap\Members\_Groups::setData() must be of the type int, null given, called in /home/dgf02h/public_html/applications/communitymap/extensions/core/GroupForm/communitymap.php on line 83 (0)
#0 /home/dgf02h/public_html/applications/communitymap/extensions/core/GroupForm/communitymap.php(83): IPS\communitymap\Members\_Groups::setData(Array, NULL)
#1 /home/dgf02h/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(224): IPS\communitymap\extensions\core\GroupForm\_communitymap->save(Array, Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#2 /home/dgf02h/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->form()
#3 /home/dgf02h/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(39): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /home/dgf02h/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->execute()
#5 /home/dgf02h/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

@Martin A. I'm really curious about your app. Let me share a list of what I'm trying to do and maybe you can share if your app can do it?

1. Can a user be added automatically? We use the Wordpress Memberpress plugin along with Invision for our forum. 
  2. If a member pauses or cancels their membership with us, will they still show up on the map?
  3. Can it also display in a list format vs only showing a map?
  4. Can you search for members in your state, city or by how far they are away?

thanks!

9 hours ago, Justin Stellman said:

@Martin A. I'm really curious about your app. Let me share a list of what I'm trying to do and maybe you can share if your app can do it?

1. Can a user be added automatically? We use the Wordpress Memberpress plugin along with Invision for our forum. 
  2. If a member pauses or cancels their membership with us, will they still show up on the map?
  3. Can it also display in a list format vs only showing a map?
  4. Can you search for members in your state, city or by how far they are away?

thanks!

1. They can be added automatically if the members location is saved in a profile field. I am not familiar with the Wordpress plugin, so I do not know how that works.
  2. As long as they are a member, and isn't marked as a spammer, they will show on the map. I can either make a custom plugion or change Community Map to change this depending on how manage these memberships.
  3. There is a setting to show the members in a list in a sidebar next to the map. 
  4. No. But you could have used this plugin which unfortunately isn't updated to 4.5 yet. It would add in some extra steps, as markers added to Community Map would not be synced back to that plugin, but Community Map will import locations from it.

12 hours ago, Martin A. said:

They can be added automatically if the members location is saved in a profile field. I am not familiar with the Wordpress plugin, so I do not know how that works.

Hmm I believe it is. When people join we use Wordpress and Memberpress and a profile gets created in a database. We connect WP and MP to IC via the Wordpress SSO plugin. Once they join our membership and click over to the IC forum, their profile gets setup automatically in the background. I'm guessing they'd all talk to each other. 

If I were to purchase your app and it didn't work, is there a period of time where I could get refunded? It seems like I'd have to try it to make sure the connections happen to really know as I know this is outside the scope of your app. 🙂

As long as they are a member, and isn't marked as a spammer, they will show on the map. I can either make a custom plugion or change Community Map to change this depending on how manage these memberships.

Maybe an integration with Memberpress or other membership plugins? Right now I'm testing the Dynamic User Directory but not impressed. Yours looks a lot cooler and better so far. 

But you could have used this plugin which unfortunately isn't updated to 4.5 yet. It would add in some extra steps, as markers added to Community Map would not be synced back to that plugin, but Community Map will import locations from it.

So if I bought that other plugin (assuming they update it) along with yours we'd be able to offer the ability for members to search for other members based on location criteria? That'd be sweet. Thanks for your thoughts @Martin A. and I apologize for all these "pre-order" questions!

42 minutes ago, Justin Stellman said:

Hmm I believe it is. When people join we use Wordpress and Memberpress and a profile gets created in a database. We connect WP and MP to IC via the Wordpress SSO plugin. Once they join our membership and click over to the IC forum, their profile gets setup automatically in the background. I'm guessing they'd all talk to each other. 

Do you have a profile field where this is stored in? Such as thisimage.png.4719665e9edf90f15235dc8bdc4bd05c.png

Or can the Wordpress SSO app sync profile fields from Wordpress to Invision Community? I'm not familiar with neither the app or Wordpress.

If I were to purchase your app and it didn't work, is there a period of time where I could get refunded? It seems like I'd have to try it to make sure the connections happen to really know as I know this is outside the scope of your app. 🙂

There is not a simple way to do that, so if we can avoid that it would be great 🙂 

Maybe an integration with Memberpress or other membership plugins? Right now I'm testing the Dynamic User Directory but not impressed. Yours looks a lot cooler and better so far. 

What happens to the members account once the membership ends? I can add a member group setting to not show members of a certain group If they're moved to a group for inactive members.

So if I bought that other plugin (assuming they update it) along with yours we'd be able to offer the ability for members to search for other members based on location criteria? That'd be sweet. Thanks for your thoughts @Martin A. and I apologize for all these "pre-order" questions!

I have only used that plugin when I made the integration from that to this app. That plugin should either fetch the data from this app, or this app should push it to the plugin. Currently none of that is implemented, and I am not sure what his plans are for the 4.5 version.
In "worst" case Community Map can update the data in that plugin whenever a marker is updated. That is not a big deal.

Anyone else getting this?

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected ')' (0)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::autoloader('IPS\\communityma...')
#1 [internal function]: spl_autoload_call('IPS\\communityma...')
#2 /home/mysite/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(141): class_exists('IPS\\communityma...')
#3 /home/mysite/public_html/forums/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#4 {main}

It is basically a ")" in a wrong place. I had this right now in my app:

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected '?' (0)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::autoloader('IPS\\movies\\modu...')
#1 [internal function]: spl_autoload_call('IPS\\movies\\modu...')
#2 C:\wamp64\www\450\system\Dispatcher\Dispatcher.php(141): class_exists('IPS\\movies\\modu...')
#3 C:\wamp64\www\450\index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#4 {main}

The error:

$type == 'tv' ? $data['number_of_episodes'] :? 0 : 0;

:? instead of ?:

Hope it helps.

1 hour ago, Adam.M said:

Anyone else getting this?

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected ')' (0)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::autoloader('IPS\\communityma...')
#1 [internal function]: spl_autoload_call('IPS\\communityma...')
#2 /home/mysite/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(141): class_exists('IPS\\communityma...')
#3 /home/mysite/public_html/forums/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#4 {main}

You're using a PHP version less than 7.3? A fix will be released shortly.

Daniel, Adriano and other developers: PHP 7.2 and below will throw an error if you have a trailing comma in your function calls. What I had here was two calls like this:

array_merge( $array, $input, $input2, );

PHP 7.3 and above will ignore that.

42 minutes ago, Adam.M said:

FYI:

The post he linked to is in a forum only accessible to contributors.

On 10/9/2020 at 2:23 PM, Martin A. said:

You're using a PHP version less than 7.3? A fix will be released shortly.

I was, I had some issues updating to 7.3 but now it's fixed. 

On another note, I am trying to import markers via kmz. Can anyone import this file and tell me if it works for them? I can import it fine but the markers aren't showing up on the map, even though they show as added when I navigate to Home Community Map Marker Groups > 100 Cities (the file attached)

Is the kmz the problem? Or one of my settings? 

Top 100 cities.kmz

We find the Community Map application very important for our sites (expats living abroad) and we are exploring ways how to 'project/promote' it more on the main page so that it is more obvious to first-time visitors that the map is available. While we have created a 'block' via pages (just a simple png file as shown below), we think there is a great potential of having it interactive as a 'hook', so that we could position it on top of the forums etc. Would it be possible/practical? I think introducing hooks for the app users would open doors to further use of this great application. 

image.thumb.png.315dea15d0a56f03f9f474ff0322508b.png

On 10/12/2020 at 2:49 AM, Adam.M said:

I was, I had some issues updating to 7.3 but now it's fixed. 

On another note, I am trying to import markers via kmz. Can anyone import this file and tell me if it works for them? I can import it fine but the markers aren't showing up on the map, even though they show as added when I navigate to Home Community Map Marker Groups > 100 Cities (the file attached)

Is the kmz the problem? Or one of my settings? 

Top 100 cities.kmz 33.1 kB · 1 download

This works as expected on my end. If you have a lot of markers, the re-cache can take some time as it's then done as a background queue instead of instantly.

I did find a bug where one of the groups in this KMZ did not import, as this folder was inside another folder that contained markers. Previously nesten folders was possible, but not with a mix of both folders and markers. This fix will be included in the next version. 

Hello,

Just installed Community Map on our board (fmsource.com). The installation as the import went well but I don't see any marker on the map and the list in the sidebar is also empty. Nevertheless, browsing the markers, I can see that all of them have been imported from Member Map.
And even if I create a new group and add a new marker, it doesn't show up on the map.

Permissions are also ok.

Am I missing something in the configuration?

40 minutes ago, odevriese said:

Hello,

Just installed Community Map on our board (fmsource.com). The installation as the import went well but I don't see any marker on the map and the list in the sidebar is also empty. Nevertheless, browsing the markers, I can see that all of them have been imported from Member Map.
And even if I create a new group and add a new marker, it doesn't show up on the map.

Permissions are also ok.

Am I missing something in the configuration?

I see 3005 markers on your map. It might be as I wrote above, where the re-cache can take some time if it needs to be done as a background task.