About This File
This plugin allows members to specify their physical location (accurate to the nearest town or city) and allows other members to search for members based on the location.
- Users can specify their location when registering or editing their profile. In the AdminCP you can set if the location is required in either or both of these locations. When entering a location, autocomplete is provided which automatically detects the user's physical location (based on their IP address) to find towns close by.
- Location shows on user's profile and when viewing the member list. If you have specified a location yourself, it will also show the distance between you and that member on the member list.
- When searching the member list, you can search for users within a certain distance (in miles or km, configurable from AdminCP setting) of a particular town or city and sort by distance from that place.
- When searching the member list, you can also sort results by distance from you without specifying a location.
- When viewing the member list, a quick "Members near me" link shows which will quickly filter the list to users close to your location and sort by distance.
Works great with Enhanced Member List
Important: Before installing this plugin you must have configured your Google Maps API key
Latest version (1.2.x) is compatible with Invision Community 4.4.x. To use with older versions, download version 1.1.2 instead.
What's New in Version 1.2.1 See changelog
- Added compatibility with (a future update to) the Member Map application.