Community Map

15 hours ago, iacas said:

I changed the location of a member today… but his marker never updated its location. This was nearly immediate before. Hours later, it still hasn't been updated.

You changed it from the marker view, in his profile or on the map while signed in as the user?

16 hours ago, haqzore said:

@Martin A. - when I try to "Add Location" and use the "Enter your zip code, city, county and/or state/province, then pick your location from the results"... It is non-responsive. Nothing happens or loads, regardless of typing / hitting enter / clicking save / etc.

HTML 5 geolocation worked fine when enabled. I've since disabled it, and trying to use the search function now & getting the above result.

Do you have anything in your system log that could relate to this?

6 hours ago, dhpunkt said:

Thanks for the latest update, @Martin A., great that you could fix geocoding!

Autocomplete is also not working here. Response of the locationSearch AJAX request:

{"statusCode":"400","error":"Bad Request","message":"\"lang\" must be one of [ab, aa, af, ak, sq, am, ar, an, hy, as, av, ae, ay, az, bm, ba, eu, be, bn, bh, bi, bs, br, bg, my, ca, ch, ce, ny, zh, cv, kw, co, cr, hr, cs, da, dv, nl, en, eo, et, ee, fo, fj, fi, fr, ff, gl, ka, de, el, gn, gu, ht, ha, he, hz, hi, ho, hu, ia, id, ie, ga, ig, ik, io, is, it, iu, ja, jv, kl, kn, kr, ks, kk, km, ki, rw, ky, kv, kg, ko, ku, kj, la, lb, lg, li, ln, lo, lt, lu, lv, gv, mk, mg, ms, ml, mt, mi, mr, mh, mn, na, nv, nb, nd, ne, ng, nn, no, ii, nr, oc, oj, cu, om, or, os, pa, pi, fa, pl, ps, pt, qu, rm, rn, ro, ru, sa, sc, sd, se, sm, sg, sr, gd, sn, si, sk, sl, so, st, es, su, sw, ss, sv, ta, te, tg, th, ti, bo, tk, tl, tn, to, tr, ts, tt, tw, ty, ug, uk, ur, uz, ve, vi, vo, wa, cy, wo, fy, xh, yi, yo, za]"}

What have you selected in the "Limit the location search to specific countries" setting? I've tried both selecting all, none, and de-selecting a few, and all works for me.

@Martin A. - I have been fiddling with the settings for a while, and not seeing any recent errors in logs.

For some reason, the Profile Sync worked once, and not again.

I ran the profile sync & ended up with several members on the map. Then, I changed some settings of that profile field and wanted to start fresh. 

So on the front-end, I viewed all markers > Members > Select all > Delete

Now, in the ACP > Profile sync... The "Import members without a map marker?" seems to be stuck "on", and clicking Restart sync process isn't bringing any members back to my map.

15 hours ago, derpunker said:

Facing the same issue.

Could contain: Page, Text, Plot, Chart

The calculate language is in my case "de-de" and not only "de".

Changing your parameter "lang" to only "de" works.

This is most properly the root cause of this issue.

My bad. I see now that it's the parameter to return localized results, not the setting where it only returns from selected countries.

A patch will be released soon

13 hours ago, haqzore said:

@Martin A. - I have been fiddling with the settings for a while, and not seeing any recent errors in logs.

For some reason, the Profile Sync worked once, and not again.

I ran the profile sync & ended up with several members on the map. Then, I changed some settings of that profile field and wanted to start fresh. 

So on the front-end, I viewed all markers > Members > Select all > Delete

Now, in the ACP > Profile sync... The "Import members without a map marker?" seems to be stuck "on", and clicking Restart sync process isn't bringing any members back to my map.

Members are imported in a daily task, max 100 per day. You can manually run this from the task manager if you want it to run more often. 

I think this is the case for you now, the task isn't scheduled to run until the next day.

On 12/7/2022 at 12:37 PM, Martin A. said:

You changed it from the marker view, in his profile or on the map while signed in as the user?

In his profile. Previously this resulted in an immediate change to the marker.

8 hours ago, Martin A. said:

Members are imported in a daily task, max 100 per day. You can manually run this from the task manager if you want it to run more often. 

I see that happening now. 100 or so yesterday, 100 or so today. Thanks for the heads up.

On 12/9/2022 at 12:34 AM, iacas said:

In his profile. Previously this resulted in an immediate change to the marker.

As the user, as an admin, or in the ACP? I tried this on my install. Changed the location in the profile field that is selected in the profile sync setting, the change was immediate.

2 hours ago, Martin A. said:

As the user, as an admin, or in the ACP? I tried this on my install. Changed the location in the profile field that is selected in the profile sync setting, the change was immediate.

As an admin on the public profile page. The location was Youngsville, Louisiana. He had typed in "Youngsville, LA" and it located it somewhere near northwestern NY, so I changed it to "Louisiana" and nothing changed, so it may have simply been a matter of… a map failure to locate the correct location, even with the state name in it.

5 hours ago, iacas said:

As an admin on the public profile page. The location was Youngsville, Louisiana. He had typed in "Youngsville, LA" and it located it somewhere near northwestern NY, so I changed it to "Louisiana" and nothing changed, so it may have simply been a matter of… a map failure to locate the correct location, even with the state name in it.

That's weird, as I did exactly as you wrote on a new test account, and I got this result.

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, White Board, Atlas, Nature, Outdoors, Vegetation, Plant, Sea

I then changed his location to "Paris" and is was immediately placed in Paris France.

Anyone an idea how to override functions with defined return type "void"?

Due to the fact that "manage" has a return type now, I'm unable to override this method.
IPS adds automatically a try-catch around and then return value doesn't match? 😞

Could contain: Text, Plot, Chart

Edited by derpunker
On 12/8/2022 at 9:32 AM, Martin A. said:

I think this is the case for you now, the task isn't scheduled to run until the next day.

Thanks. I started the task manually from the task list. The result displayed:

The task ran successfully and produced the following output:

Synchronised 0 out of 2 member locations

I have more than 2 members with the appropriate profile field data. When checking the Map page, zero members are displayed. Calendar markers are still working fine. 

There are no entries in the Error Log or System Log in the ACP.

15 hours ago, derpunker said:

@Martin A.

There is another code part which could be more robust.

image.thumb.png.87bdcf1f52850b2be38828bf8bcf6018.png

In case of and bad request response, the code throws an exception.
=> "Result" is not part of the return data.

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Text

applications/communitymap/sources/Map/Map.php

line: 269

Thanks. I've improved this. (isset( $json['results'] instead of in_array).

12 hours ago, derpunker said:

Anyone an idea how to override functions with defined return type "void"?

Due to the fact that "manage" has a return type now, I'm unable to override this method.
IPS adds automatically a try-catch around and then return value doesn't match? 😞

Could contain: Text, Plot, Chart

Wow, this isn't something I've even considered would be an issue. I've removed the return type on all void methods.

11 hours ago, haqzore said:

Thanks. I started the task manually from the task list. The result displayed:

I have more than 2 members with the appropriate profile field data. When checking the Map page, zero members are displayed. Calendar markers are still working fine. 

There are no entries in the Error Log or System Log in the ACP.

Did you click the "Restart sync process" first?

Also be aware that deleting the markers would put them in the deletion queue, if that is enabled. Go to your moderator CP and have a look at the "Deleted Content" page. From there you can permanently delete the markers. The default suite setting is for content to be "soft deleted" for 30 days.

1 hour ago, Martin A. said:

Did you click the "Restart sync process" first?

Also be aware that deleting the markers would put them in the deletion queue, if that is enabled. Go to your moderator CP and have a look at the "Deleted Content" page. From there you can permanently delete the markers. The default suite setting is for content to be "soft deleted" for 30 days.

Its sorted now - thanks!

@Martin A. Getting this error on website in ACP. Can you please help. Is it because I am on php 7.4? I am planning to upgrade later.. did i upgraded application earlier? 

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting '|' or variable (T_VARIABLE) (0)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::autoloader()
#1 /home/xxxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Admin.php(167): spl_autoload_call()
#2 /home/xxxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(110): IPS\Dispatcher\_Admin->init()
#3 /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#4 {main}

Edited by AlexJ
1 hour ago, AlexJ said:

@Martin A. Getting this error on website in ACP. Can you please help. Is it because I am on php 7.4? I am planning to upgrade later.. did i upgraded application earlier? 

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting '|' or variable (T_VARIABLE) (0)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::autoloader()
#1 /home/xxxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Admin.php(167): spl_autoload_call()
#2 /home/xxxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(110): IPS\Dispatcher\_Admin->init()
#3 /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#4 {main}

If you're still on PHP 7.4 and an older version of Invision Community I'm definitely going to say that's an issue. 

Report back when you've upgraded everything.

@Martin A. Thank you so much for the fix, manual location update is now working here. 

There is still a tiny bug, the matching characters of the search result are wrapped in <strong>-tags after selecting the entry. However, it's still working fine.

Could contain: Page, Text, File

---

Feature request

Your map is very useful for our community, Our members are working remotely and their location changes often. So far we made the experience that most of their locations are outdated, cause they forget to updated it. (It also happened to me...)

What do you think about an auto update feature? Every x day(s) when accessing the community the current geolocation is matched with the stored location. If the difference is more than x km, a dialog appears: "do you like to update your location?" 

5 hours ago, dhpunkt said:

@Martin A. Thank you so much for the fix, manual location update is now working here. 

There is still a tiny bug, the matching characters of the search result are wrapped in <strong>-tags after selecting the entry. However, it's still working fine.

Could contain: Page, Text, File

---

Feature request

Your map is very useful for our community, Our members are working remotely and their location changes often. So far we made the experience that most of their locations are outdated, cause they forget to updated it. (It also happened to me...)

What do you think about an auto update feature? Every x day(s) when accessing the community the current geolocation is matched with the stored location. If the difference is more than x km, a dialog appears: "do you like to update your location?" 

same issue as the <strong> tags

also having issues with members permissions, eg deleting a marker

only marker option shows to a normal member is  the 'edit' ?

The issue with the strong tag will be fixed in the release. I couldn't upload a fix for that until the current version was approved, and asking them to cancel the pending version would delay the fix for the autocomplete even further.

1 hour ago, sound said:

also having issues with members permissions, eg deleting a marker

only marker option shows to a normal member is  the 'edit' ?

I know permissions are a bit weird for the member markers, but this particular permission is handled in the group setting. 

Could contain: Text, File

@dhpunkt I've noted down you feature suggestion and I'll see what I can do about it.

Hello,

We've migrated recently our forum to PHP 8, so as planned the old Member Map doesn't work anymore. We've bought the Community Map, when I have a look at the Marketplace to install it states that "This resource is already installed and up to date".

I guess it's because Member Maps is still present in Applications, albeit it's deactivated. If I try to uninstall the old applicaation it states that "All data belonging to this application will be completely deleted", which I don't want (got a few hundreds markers I'd like to save).

What's the correct way to migrate from Member Map to Community Map without losing data (I hope there's one 😬) ?

2 hours ago, P1P2C said:

Hello,

We've migrated recently our forum to PHP 8, so as planned the old Member Map doesn't work anymore. We've bought the Community Map, when I have a look at the Marketplace to install it states that "This resource is already installed and up to date".

I guess it's because Member Maps is still present in Applications, albeit it's deactivated. If I try to uninstall the old applicaation it states that "All data belonging to this application will be completely deleted", which I don't want (got a few hundreds markers I'd like to save).

What's the correct way to migrate from Member Map to Community Map without losing data (I hope there's one 😬) ?

You don't say which Invision Community version you've upgraded from. Have you selected as part of the 4.5 onboard process that the "Member Map" application you have installed is "Community Map" from the marketplace? In your application list, when you click on the "Marketplace" link, are you taken to the Communtiy Map page? 
If this is the case you'd have to get IPS support to remove this connection, or link Member Map with the correct Marketplace file.

Once you've done that you can (purchase and) install Community Map which have an import tool to bring your markers over. There is also a new version of Member Map which is uninstallable, as the one you have will most likely give you error if you try to remove it.

Processing 100 member map markers per day is annoying and bad for my site: visitors who don't visit every day are going to miss out on posts and content that's new that occurred just before that day's processing of markers.

Is there any way to mark these as read for everyone? Or to not have them show up as "new" in a default stream of "unread" content, @Martin A.?

Or at least… let me process ALL of them instead of 100 at a time, so they're "out of the way"?

Edited by iacas
20 hours ago, Martin A. said:

You don't say which Invision Community version you've upgraded from. Have you selected as part of the 4.5 onboard process that the "Member Map" application you have installed is "Community Map" from the marketplace? In your application list, when you click on the "Marketplace" link, are you taken to the Communtiy Map page? 
If this is the case you'd have to get IPS support to remove this connection, or link Member Map with the correct Marketplace file.

We're currently running latest Invision version (4.7.5), previous one was 4.7.3 (the last which could still run on PHP 7.4). Here's how the application is displayed in the list :

Could contain: Page, Text

So it still points to the old version, not to Community Map.

7 hours ago, iacas said:

Processing 100 member map markers per day is annoying and bad for my site: visitors who don't visit every day are going to miss out on posts and content that's new that occurred just before that day's processing of markers.

Is there any way to mark these as read for everyone? Or to not have them show up as "new" in a default stream of "unread" content, @Martin A.?

Or at least… let me process ALL of them instead of 100 at a time, so they're "out of the way"?

How many members are you going to import? You can manually run this task as many times as you'd like, just be aware of the daily API quota that you should exceed. Search for "tasks" in the ACP search to get to the task manager.

6 hours ago, P1P2C said:

We're currently running latest Invision version (4.7.5), previous one was 4.7.3 (the last which could still run on PHP 7.4). Here's how the application is displayed in the list :

Could contain: Page, Text

So it still points to the old version, not to Community Map.

If you click that "Marketplace" link in the image, where does this take you?

54 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

How many members are you going to import? You can manually run this task as many times as you'd like, just be aware of the daily API quota that you should exceed. Search for "tasks" in the ACP search to get to the task manager.

Ah, I had searched for "member" and "commu" and "map" and didn't see it. For others, the task is called "locationSync". I'll run it a few times now.