Community Map

9 hours ago, Alex Duffy said:

I just bought this without checking this support forum tread :mellow: and I can't get a key from Mapquest, I haven't tried contacting the yet. Maybe you might put something on the download page to stop people from buying until this is resolved. 

I have no idea what's going on with their services, but I'm looking for a replacement. 

Currently ruled out both Mapbox and Google for their limitations and pricing. I just stumbled across https://geocode.xyz/ now, and they do offer a free tier, although limited to one request per second. The location autocomplete becomes useless with such a limit, which is a bummer.

Other suggestions are much welcomed! If it weren't for the insane server requirements I could have set up something in AWS or a VPS. The API used now require 1TB for a full install and 64GB minimum RAM.

2 hours ago, Larry Kachadorian said:

saw this after the upgrade in AdminCP under MySQL errors, and was unsure if it was actually safe to  click auto fix ... ??

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

Just click "Fix automatically". The upgraded should have added that column. Happens sometimes.

1 hour ago, Larry Kachadorian said:

I updated today from 1.3.7 after finally updating to IPS 4.7 (we'd held off for a long time to let the PHP issue settle)

And did notice that although the Community Map update seemed to complete it still shows the older version  in AdminCP....

Could contain: Page, Text

No indication on the app overview that there's an upgrade available?

Glad you got it solved 🙂

Regarding the API issues; I received news last night that MapQuest have (rather silently) decided to close all their "open" APIs, which sadly included the API used by Community Map. While there might have been possible to use other API endpoints provided by MapQuest, I will not do so because of how they've handled this and their lack of communication. I assume none of you got any news about this, even though they should be able to see that you are actively using an API that's about to be shut down.

As of the next update Community Map will not use MapQuest. I am currently exploring the possibilities to host this on my own, as there is a pre-compiled database available that doesn't have the same requirements as previously mentioned. I'm gonna check this out some more over the weekend, and I will hopefully have a solution within reasonable time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have settled on a new API provider to replace MapQuest - Geoapify

Geoapify have a free tier with far more requests per day than MapQuest had. I have been in contact with them today, and there are no limitations to how we use the API, as long as you stay under their daily limit. That limit is 3000 requests per day, which should be more than enough for most of you. This is not a hard limit, but should you constantly go over the quota they will send you an email asking you to upgrade your account. 

See more about that here: https://www.geoapify.com/pricing

I have converted all API calls over to Geoapify today. Just needs some more testing before I can give you an update.

Too bad the marketplace doesn't offer a way to do beta versions, or even have private testers... Can't really do a public beta version either, as the approval time for new versions can be up to a week.

@Martin A.

I just purchased / installed the app. Per the marketplace in my ACPUpdated: Yesterday at 06:54 PM

The Settings tab of the is still asking for a MapQuest API key (with a link to MapQuest). Not sure if you just forgot to update this? Or do I indeed have an old/incorrect version?

Also - do you have a guide on how to setup the Geoapify key? Example: which API type to select, URL format example, etc?

Edited by haqzore
58 minutes ago, haqzore said:

@teraßyte - Thanks. I thought maybe it was already approved since the Marketplace entry through the ACP shows it was last updated last night, after Martin's post.

Yeah, those times can be a bit confusing. You need to look at the Published date, the Updated date was most likely Martin updating the file's description. The two things are separate.

What's written above is correct. The file is not approved yet, but it shows as "updated" because I removed some old references in the description. If you follow the file you'll get a notification here once it's approved.

On 12/4/2022 at 10:37 PM, haqzore said:

Also - do you have a guide on how to setup the Geoapify key? Example: which API type to select, URL format example, etc?

As far as I know there is no need to select an API when you create the key. The box below the keys are for you to test the key and generate example code to all the different endpoints. This isn't something you need to look at.

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Plot, Chart

All you need is that key.

@Martin A. - when I try to "Add Location" and use the "Enter your zip code, city, county and/or state/province, then pick your location from the results"... It is non-responsive. Nothing happens or loads, regardless of typing / hitting enter / clicking save / etc.

HTML 5 geolocation worked fine when enabled. I've since disabled it, and trying to use the search function now & getting the above result.

Edited by haqzore
6 hours ago, haqzore said:

@Martin A. - when I try to "Add Location" and use the "Enter your zip code, city, county and/or state/province, then pick your location from the results"... It is non-responsive. Nothing happens or loads, regardless of typing / hitting enter / clicking save / etc.

Thanks for the latest update, @Martin A., great that you could fix geocoding!

Autocomplete is also not working here. Response of the locationSearch AJAX request:

{"statusCode":"400","error":"Bad Request","message":"\"lang\" must be one of [ab, aa, af, ak, sq, am, ar, an, hy, as, av, ae, ay, az, bm, ba, eu, be, bn, bh, bi, bs, br, bg, my, ca, ch, ce, ny, zh, cv, kw, co, cr, hr, cs, da, dv, nl, en, eo, et, ee, fo, fj, fi, fr, ff, gl, ka, de, el, gn, gu, ht, ha, he, hz, hi, ho, hu, ia, id, ie, ga, ig, ik, io, is, it, iu, ja, jv, kl, kn, kr, ks, kk, km, ki, rw, ky, kv, kg, ko, ku, kj, la, lb, lg, li, ln, lo, lt, lu, lv, gv, mk, mg, ms, ml, mt, mi, mr, mh, mn, na, nv, nb, nd, ne, ng, nn, no, ii, nr, oc, oj, cu, om, or, os, pa, pi, fa, pl, ps, pt, qu, rm, rn, ro, ru, sa, sc, sd, se, sm, sg, sr, gd, sn, si, sk, sl, so, st, es, su, sw, ss, sv, ta, te, tg, th, ti, bo, tk, tl, tn, to, tr, ts, tt, tw, ty, ug, uk, ur, uz, ve, vi, vo, wa, cy, wo, fy, xh, yi, yo, za]"}

I have updated to the new version and was able to generate and install the API key without issues.  Map seems to be working now, but I haven't really played with it very much except to verify the map comes up and the pins are displaying in their appropriate locations.  🙂  Now to see if I go over the free 3,000 credits per day!

..Al