Community Map

7 minutes ago, Mark Spieker said:

Hello I don't see "add location" when logged in as a user, but I do as admin, I've made sure that group has permissions in the ACP/Applications module. Any ideas

Make sure members have permission to add markers to the marker group "Members". That's the only thing that controls the visibility of that button.

Edited by Martin A.
9 hours ago, Mark Spieker said:

Thanks, ok now that is showing up, but when I go in as a user and save my location I get this

communitymap_Unknown column 'mc_mc_country' in 'field list'

But the marker is there, however when I try and move it, I get another error.

Sounds like you have "Member's Country" by Adriano installed.

@Adriano Faria Have you made any changes to this recently? 

$membersCountryMember = \IPS\memberscountry\Member::load( $this->author()->member_id );
$membersCountryMember->mc_country = mb_strtolower( $country );

I use the column prefix here. Have you added this to \IPS\memberscountry\Member::$databasePrefix instead now?

4 hours ago, Martin A. said:

@Adriano Faria Have you made any changes to this recently? 

$membersCountryMember = \IPS\memberscountry\Member::load( $this->author()->member_id );
$membersCountryMember->mc_country = mb_strtolower( $country );

I use the column prefix here. Have you added this to \IPS\memberscountry\Member::$databasePrefix instead now?

It was a hook in Members model before but I changed it to use Active Record a while ago (not sure when). So now you don't need to use the prefix.

$membersCountryMember->country = mb_strtolower( $country );

That should work.

5 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

It was a hook in Members model before but I changed it to use Active Record a while ago (not sure when). So now you don't need to use the prefix.

$membersCountryMember->country = mb_strtolower( $country );

That should work.

$membersCountryMember->country 			= mb_strtolower( $country );
$membersCountryMember->country_changed 	= 0;

$membersCountryMember->save();

Like this then?

Edited by Martin A.
20 hours ago, Mark Spieker said:

Thanks, ok now that is showing up, but when I go in as a user and save my location I get this

communitymap_Unknown column 'mc_mc_country' in 'field list'

But the marker is there, however when I try and move it, I get another error.

A new version have been submitted that fixes this.

@iacas This will also include the improved country selector 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

This app can be applied for Real States use case?

1. Members choose place where the house is for Rent or Sale, add images and videos and all others informations fields that needed, submit it.

2. The new place submitted need approved by admin or moderators, if it is approved that place or advert show author name indicated by admin, example "For Rent Deparment", that mean all places submitted will show site departments as author then customers will contact or take the deal directly to the site.

That mean all members can submited real state advert, the business type is members submit adverts then is managed by site admin. The amount of transction will transfer by site credit wallet.

@Martin A. this app can be modified for that use case? 

20 hours ago, kmk said:

This app can be applied for Real States use case?

1. Members choose place where the house is for Rent or Sale, add images and videos and all others informations fields that needed, submit it.

2. The new place submitted need approved by admin or moderators, if it is approved that place or advert show author name indicated by admin, example "For Rent Deparment", that mean all places submitted will show site departments as author then customers will contact or take the deal directly to the site.

That mean all members can submited real state advert, the business type is members submit adverts then is managed by site admin. The amount of transction will transfer by site credit wallet.

@Martin A. this app can be modified for that use case? 

Sounds like you want to transform this into something that acts like Airbnb. This will require way too much modification from its current state to make it worth it. Better to have something custom made for your specific needs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Derrick Morgan said:

Hello,

How do I get my member's locations to automatically populate on the map?

I tried to do a profile sync but it didn't work

Profile sync is what you use to automatically populate the map.

This will both, when enabled, add markers for members that don't have one, and also reflect any changes they do to their profile back to the map. Meaning that when they change the location in the profile field you set to be the location, if will also change their location on the map.

Do note that the import process is done with a daily task that imports 100 members. Just enabling the settings and all that will not cause all members to show up immediately, as this would most likely use up your entire monthly API quota.

15 hours ago, Derrick Morgan said:

Also for some reason I can't add another category marker.

Do you mean a new marker category? Or a new map marker?

3 hours ago, Derrick Morgan said:

I have turned on the profile sync and still do not see the members populating on the map.

Is there certain fields that need to be filled out on their profile?

This would be how the settings should look like:

f8ec04aec0993a1db73853aba5b9d162.png

The "Profile Field" refers to one (or more) or the profile fields you'll define in in the core software. You'll find this under Members > Member Settings > Profiles

eb3077ddd215392c335a3442761e8fea.png

Once you got this right, you can go to your own profile and edit the selected profile field in order to test this.

3 hours ago, Derrick Morgan said:

And I was unsure on how to add a new "map marker"

Add your marker when viewing the map on the front end by either clicking the "Add Location" button or right click on the spot where you want your marker to be placed.

• 3 weeks later...

This was posted in the old support topic

2 hours ago, HappyNewUser said:

I am considering choosing this plugin.

I would like to see working pages (or demo) and not just photos.

Please include links to sites that use this plugin?

Thank you.

I don't keep a list of sites that use this app, nor do I have the ability to do so. But have a look through the last pages of topic and look at the sites posted, or if their site is linked in the signature.

Below is @Unlucky's site that use almost all features of this application, except member markers.
https://www.walkingfootball.com/communitymap/

And here's @bradl's site, which only have member markers.
https://www.cairntalk.net/communitymap/

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just bought the community map app, and I was wondering if there is a way to import .csv files with a name, location (and maybe custom fields) ?

I saw the .kml files from google earth but it's not working in my case:

I have a directory listing with 2.000+ items listed that I would like to import in community map.

Is there a way to do that ?

Many thanks for your help.

Olivier

• 3 weeks later...

About to purchase this but have a couple more question. For the listings I would ideally like there to be 2 categories and each have their own custom map marker. Is this possible out of the box, and if not can you customise this for me as a separate paid job?

lastly is changing the url straight forward?

1 hour ago, Steve Bullman said:

About to purchase this but have a couple more question. For the listings I would ideally like there to be 2 categories and each have their own custom map marker. Is this possible out of the box, and if not can you customise this for me as a separate paid job?

lastly is changing the url straight forward?

The markers for each category is customizable.

be3c96edf67c6a8c2d18e6ff68e28f22.png 

I am not aware of there being any issues changing the URL.