Community Map

Martin, I wonder if you have any suggestions for how to make this more user friendly, specifically I am talking about for people who aren't used to using forums. I am looking to attract a whole new userbase who don't use forums, or have otherwise drifted away from forum use. They will need to be able to contact the person easily without having to give it too much thought. I might add a phone number field on the right hand side, but Ideally there should be something like a contact button that would open up a private message window. Is such a thing doable please?

Could contain: Text, Map, Diagram, Plot, Atlas

12 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Martin, I wonder if you have any suggestions for how to make this more user friendly, specifically I am talking about for people who aren't used to using forums. I am looking to attract a whole new userbase who don't use forums, or have otherwise drifted away from forum use. They will need to be able to contact the person easily without having to give it too much thought. I might add a phone number field on the right hand side, but Ideally there should be something like a contact button that would open up a private message window. Is such a thing doable please?

Unless you can sort this out with custom fields, it should be in the marker description. 

Or it may be solved with a template edit.

12 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Sorry, me again.

The default members category I guess can't be deleted. I would like to rename this and set a custom map marker colour but the option isn't available to customise the marker as it is with newly added categories?

The styling of the markers in that category is done on a per-group level. I should have added a notice about this in the category form.

On 7/29/2022 at 11:14 AM, Steve Bullman said:

Perfect, thank you

One last thing I think. I have set a max height to the map of 600px but theres a large gap remaining in the container. How can I fix this please?

https://staging.arbtalk.co.uk/communitymap/

What is your reason for setting a max height? The large gap at the bottom is because of this max height.

You have to set this restriction to #mapWrapper, as this is the div that controls the height of the map.

2 minutes ago, stu_m said:

Hmmm 

Well on that basis I have just installed it and its broken my forum 

I have a hard time believing updating this app was the issue. Pretty much all the last update did was update language strings and bump the versions of Javascript libraries used by the map, none which should cause the entire site to break down.

Are you able to get the PHP error message? 

Just now, Martin A. said:

I have a hard time believing updating this app was the issue. Pretty much all the last update did was update language strings and bump the versions of Javascript libraries used by the map, none which should cause the entire site to break down.

Are you able to get the PHP error message? 

Well it has! 

I was having issues a couple of weeks ago with updating to 4.7 and that it simply caused the same issue as a result I installed the back up files and all worked well on 4.6 

I have literally gone on to marketplace installed the update and got a 503 error straight away 

7 minutes ago, stu_m said:

Well it has! 

I was having issues a couple of weeks ago with updating to 4.7 and that it simply caused the same issue as a result I installed the back up files and all worked well on 4.6 

I have literally gone on to marketplace installed the update and got a 503 error straight away 

But are you able to get the error message? And what PHP version are you on?

1 minute ago, Martin A. said:

But are you able to get the error message? And what PHP version are you on?

Looking for an error message and I see nothing at the moment! 

I can change PHP to any version I like I have a VPS with full control 

I had it on 8 then tried 7.4 

I turned PHP-FPM off and now I get update in progress message and when I go to admin/upgrade I get 

We were unable to start a PHP session. You will need to contact your host to adjust your PHP configuration before you can continue. The error reported was: session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php56)

Which is odd as I aren't using php56

19 hours ago, Martin A. said:

Unless you can sort this out with custom fields, it should be in the marker description. 

Or it may be solved with a template edit.

The styling of the markers in that category is done on a per-group level. I should have added a notice about this in the category form.

What is your reason for setting a max height? The large gap at the bottom is because of this max height.

You have to set this restriction to #mapWrapper, as this is the div that controls the height of the map.

Thank you.

I think I may need to get to have this customised to have the contact details more prominent.

Reason for reducing the height of the map is so I can fit all the important information on the page within the viewport. In particular on mobile the page is almost unusable as it is quite difficult to scroll past the map. Have had feedback from several members who are helping me test thing and they all say the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings!

I purchased Member Map some time ago and until yesterday was using it on my 4.4.x forum.  Yesterday my forum was upgraded to 4.7.  This is when I discovered that Member Map was replaced by Community Map.  Unfortunately, I think I went about "upgrading" my Member Map the wrong way -- at some point as I was exploring the 4.7 ACP, I came to a page that asked me to associate all my installed plugins and apps with those in the Invision Maketplace.  Since I could not select Member Map, I chose Community Map instead.

Well, this appears to have been a not-well-thought-out move, as now the ACP thinks I have Community Map installed, even though I don't, and clicking on "Marketplace" for Member Map now does nothing in the ACP.  I don't want to uninstall Member Map in case it takes all the data with it.  What I want to do is install Community Map, then run it so it'll pull the data from Member Map, and then I can remove Member Map when I'm done.

Does anyone know how I can go about doing this? 

Thank you!

7 hours ago, AtariAge said:

Greetings!

I purchased Member Map some time ago and until yesterday was using it on my 4.4.x forum.  Yesterday my forum was upgraded to 4.7.  This is when I discovered that Member Map was replaced by Community Map.  Unfortunately, I think I went about "upgrading" my Member Map the wrong way -- at some point as I was exploring the 4.7 ACP, I came to a page that asked me to associate all my installed plugins and apps with those in the Invision Maketplace.  Since I could not select Member Map, I chose Community Map instead.

Well, this appears to have been a not-well-thought-out move, as now the ACP thinks I have Community Map installed, even though I don't, and clicking on "Marketplace" for Member Map now does nothing in the ACP.  I don't want to uninstall Member Map in case it takes all the data with it.  What I want to do is install Community Map, then run it so it'll pull the data from Member Map, and then I can remove Member Map when I'm done.

Does anyone know how I can go about doing this? 

Thank you!

Hello,

You would need to get official support for this, as dissociating a marketplace resource is not something you can do in your own. 
Do not under any circumstances uninstall Member Map, as that will result in data loss.
Please let me know how this goes 🙂 

To clear things straight away; Member Map was a free app, you did not purchase this back in the days. Community Map is a paid app, and you will be asked to purchase a copy of that once you get that issue cleared out.

Hi Martin, and thank you for your reply!

On 8/11/2022 at 3:52 AM, Martin A. said:

You would need to get official support for this, as dissociating a marketplace resource is not something you can do in your own. 
Do not under any circumstances uninstall Member Map, as that will result in data loss.

This makes sense, I have written Invision to see if they can help me with this.  I definitely have no plans on uninstalling Member Map until I get Community Map installed and the data is migrated over.

To clear things straight away; Member Map was a free app, you did not purchase this back in the days. Community Map is a paid app, and you will be asked to purchase a copy of that once you get that issue cleared out

Understood, it was confusing since it already showed that I could download Community Map, but I'm sure that's because I made the mistake of associating Community Map with Member Map in the ACP.

Thanks again and take care,

..Al

20 minutes ago, svit said:

Hello, I am using the latest version of the Community Map as well as of the IPC Gallery, I started facing issue of gallery photo geolocation not being updated in the Map (as used to work before), any advise please?

Is it not showing new images, or are location changes to existing images not updated?

Are you sure the images contain location information? Is the category the image is uploaded to visible to guests? 

58 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

Is it not showing new images, or are location changes to existing images not updated?

Are you sure the images contain location information? Is the category the image is uploaded to visible to guests? 

1. Not showing on new images

2. The images contain location information which is displayed next to them in the Gallery (minimpa) but their marker is not shown in the Map app. (Example https://www.ideon.cz/image/7775-khor-kalba-mangrove-centre-04jpg/ vs https://www.ideon.cz/communitymap/ )

3. The category of the image is visible to guests 

44 minutes ago, svit said:

1. Not showing on new images

2. The images contain location information which is displayed next to them in the Gallery (minimpa) but their marker is not shown in the Map app. (Example https://www.ideon.cz/image/7775-khor-kalba-mangrove-centre-04jpg/ vs https://www.ideon.cz/communitymap/ )

3. The category of the image is visible to guests 

Have you enabled all gallery categories that should be shown?

I just did a test on 4.7.1, and it properly shows me the image on the map.

Hello,

To clear things straight away; Member Map was a free app, you did not purchase this back in the days. Community Map is a paid app, and you will be asked to purchase a copy of that once you get that issue cleared out.

Just a followup to this -- Invision disassociated the two apps for me, so I was able to install Community Map and import the data from Member Map.  Turns out I purchased this last September but was never able to use it since I was still running 4.4.x. 

Everything looks great, and thank you for your assistance!

After being trouble free since the last updates, I just had a really odd error, out of the blue, that killed the Community Map. It seems to be related to the Calendar. I disabled the Calendar app and the Map started working again. Having re-enabled the Calendar everything seems OK. I'm running the latest versions of both the IPS software and the Community Map.

Here's one of the many system log errors generated by the Map failure...

Error: Call to undefined method DateTime::getDateInformation() (0)
#0 /home2/projectd/public_html/applications/calendar/sources/Event/Event.php(363): IPS\calendar\_Event::_findOccurances(Object(IPS\calendar\Date), Object(IPS\calendar\Date), Object(IPS\communitymap\CalendarDateTime), Object(IPS\calendar\Date), Array)
#1 /home2/projectd/public_html/applications/communitymap/extensions/communitymap/Mapmarkers/Calendar.php(224): IPS\calendar\_Event->findOccurrences(Object(IPS\communitymap\CalendarDateTime), Object(IPS\communitymap\CalendarDateTime))
#2 /home2/projectd/public_html/applications/communitymap/sources/Map/Map.php(509): IPS\communitymap\extensions\communitymap\Mapmarkers\_Calendar->getLocations()
#3 /home2/projectd/public_html/applications/communitymap/sources/Map/Map.php(354): IPS\communitymap\_Map->recacheJsonFile()
#4 /home2/projectd/public_html/applications/communitymap/modules/front/communitymap/showmap.php(50): IPS\communitymap\_Map->checkForCache()
#5 /home2/projectd/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\communitymap\modules\front\communitymap\_showmap->manage()
#6 /home2/projectd/public_html/applications/communitymap/modules/front/communitymap/showmap.php(36): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home2/projectd/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\communitymap\modules\front\communitymap\_showmap->execute()
#8 /home2/projectd/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

4 minutes ago, JohnDar said:

After being trouble free since the last updates, I just had a really odd error, out of the blue, that killed the Community Map. It seems to be related to the Calendar. I disabled the Calendar app and the Map started working again. Having re-enabled the Calendar everything seems OK. I'm running the latest versions of both the IPS software and the Community Map.

Here's one of the many system log errors generated by the Map failure...

Have you applied the patch they released on Monday? That is supposed to fix that error.