Community Map

Upgrading from IPS 4.4 with old member map directly to 4.6. Noted your statement. ...

"Upgrading from Member Map
If you're upgrading from Member Map you'll be presented with a import tool the first time you visit any of the ACP pages for this app. This page will only be forced on you once, after this you'll find it as a button on top of the settings page. If you choose to use Community Map before you import you should note that all content in Community Map will be deleted prior to the import."

Does this mean I should leave the old member map enabled and let the IPS version upgrade process also upgrade to Member Community ... or disable it prior to starting the IPS upgrade and enable after IPS version upgrade completion? I assume the 4.6 version won't upgrade in the IPS 4.4 environment , or will it ?  

I definitely need to retain all the existing member's basic map information .... having it be deleted would be a disaster.

5 hours ago, Larry Kachadorian said:

Upgrading from IPS 4.4 with old member map directly to 4.6. Noted your statement. ...

"Upgrading from Member Map
If you're upgrading from Member Map you'll be presented with a import tool the first time you visit any of the ACP pages for this app. This page will only be forced on you once, after this you'll find it as a button on top of the settings page. If you choose to use Community Map before you import you should note that all content in Community Map will be deleted prior to the import."

Does this mean I should leave the old member map enabled and let the IPS version upgrade process also upgrade to Member Community ... or disable it prior to starting the IPS upgrade and enable after IPS version upgrade completion? I assume the 4.6 version won't upgrade in the IPS 4.4 environment , or will it ?  

I definitely need to retain all the existing member's basic map information .... having it be deleted would be a disaster.

If I remember this correctly; 

When upgrading from 4.4, all third party resources will be disabled. When the upgrade is done, I think part of the initial wizard (or when you go to the marketplace section) in the ACP is to couple your existing third party apps with items in the marketplace. Do NOT couple Member Map with Community Map. You should be able to ignore that. 

Then you purchase and install Community Map, and when you go to any of the pages for this app you will be redirected to the import tool which will take you through the process.

As long as you don't uninstall Member Map your old member markers will not be deleted. But you'll have the pre-upgrade backup available should anything happen, don't you?

1 hour ago, Martin A. said:

As long as you don't uninstall Member Map your old member markers will not be deleted. But you'll have the pre-upgrade backup available should anything happen, don't you?

As a cloud community, back ups are out of our hands ... and having IPS restoring  4.4 to correct an issue is probably out of the question.

But if I understand correctly, if during the upgrade it doesn't automatically disable the old member map, I need to keep if from linking to the new app or at least ensure that I do disable the old one and also keep from linking (yes I believe, also, there is an opt-out option)  . 

Then, once the IPS 4.6 upgrade is complete go the marketplace page to purchase the new app and follow directions from there, yes ?

This is the last piece of the puzzle enabling our IPS 4.6 upgrade ...  and waiting also for the final IPS verification of 4.6 compatibility.

We're a relatively new IPS customer and have gone through several prior version upgrades,  but the transition from 4.x to 4.5 and beyond has been somewhat painful for customers as well as developers ;(

Thanks for your continuing work on the map ... !! 

6 minutes ago, Larry Kachadorian said:

As a cloud community, back ups are out of our hands ... and having IPS restoring  4.4 to correct an issue is probably out of the question.

But if I understand correctly, if during the upgrade it doesn't automatically disable the old member map, I need to keep if from linking to the new app or at least ensure that I do disable the old one and also keep from linking (yes I believe, also, there is an opt-out option)  . 

Then, once the IPS 4.6 upgrade is complete go the marketplace page to purchase the new app and follow directions from there, yes ?

This is the last piece of the puzzle enabling our IPS 4.6 upgrade ...  and waiting also for the final IPS verification of 4.6 compatibility.

We're a relatively new IPS customer and have gone through several prior version upgrades,  but the transition from 4.x to 4.5 and beyond has been somewhat painful for customers as well as developers ;(

Thanks for your continuing work on the map ... !! 

As long as you don't uninstall Member Map there's always a way to recover 🙂 

The new version is online. Thanks for that 🙂 👍

Is it possible to add a check "$memberMarker !== FALSE" here?

grafik.thumb.png.727e016859d312882eef9f8244e740e4.png

If the member has no membermarker, "canView()" crashes because the function is called on a boolean variable.

Thank you very much 🙂

Edited by derpunker

Recently updated to 4.6. Been waiting for the markers to rebuild and show up on the main map (2,000-ish markers) but it's been a few days and nothing so far. Not sure how long that should take; the site has seen enough traffic to background process all posts/comments/reactions for the achievements thing for whatever that's worth.

Is the display of the day/night overlay tied to marker display? I ask because the overlay does not show either, in case that's a clue.

Markers for location-based clubs show fine and the member markers can be browsed from the table list. Nothing on the main community map, nor on the profile mini-maps. Have cleared the site caches. Tested from various browsers. 

I don't mind waiting as long as it takes, but between the day/night overlay and the number of days I thought maybe I'd better ask if it sounds normal or not.

13 hours ago, bradl said:

Recently updated to 4.6. Been waiting for the markers to rebuild and show up on the main map (2,000-ish markers) but it's been a few days and nothing so far. Not sure how long that should take; the site has seen enough traffic to background process all posts/comments/reactions for the achievements thing for whatever that's worth.

Is the display of the day/night overlay tied to marker display? I ask because the overlay does not show either, in case that's a clue.

Markers for location-based clubs show fine and the member markers can be browsed from the table list. Nothing on the main community map, nor on the profile mini-maps. Have cleared the site caches. Tested from various browsers. 

I don't mind waiting as long as it takes, but between the day/night overlay and the number of days I thought maybe I'd better ask if it sounds normal or not.

Try running the task manually.

APC, advance configuration, click view task.

228135775_Screenshot2021-07-06at12_05_41pm.thumb.png.d17687a3dc1d6a00493281e8b702c8c4.png

Looks for community map, location sync.1371787920_Screenshot2021-07-06at12_07_09pm.thumb.png.b6f493e4e036a0766db1be80fee7e9be.pngCick the lil play button.

Maybe that will fix your issue.

Good idea. Task says "not currently needed" but I ran it anyway. No joy.

The log shows

07/03/2021 02:18 PMSynchronised 1 out of 1 member locations

07/02/2021 01:41 PMSynchronised 19 out of 19 member locations

Which I imagine came from the profile sync setting.  App seems to think it's all caught up 🙂 

Hi,

A small issue on install from free version.  Just upgraded to 4.6 ... earlier Member Map disabled.

After 4.6 install completed, in ACP Marketplace paid for and installed Community Map.  Upon Accessing it I get a message requiring an api key ... ok I can get that.

Then  re-reading your comments above, I went via ACP to the settings page and got the import message ... but.... didn't access it immediately and went to another area in ACP.  Now going back I do not get the import option any more, just the option to add the api key.

Definitely don't want to loose all the existing member data ... stuck at this point.

On 7/5/2021 at 6:32 PM, AlexJ said:

Hi @Martin A.

Anything you can do make the numbers show in Black so that it's visible?

image.png.6605c6f53ac71c25abf8f314fc0f03f2.png

The color inside the marker cluster should use the site's default text color. which in your case is light gray due to the black background. I'm fixing this now 🙂 

On 7/5/2021 at 11:17 PM, bradl said:

Looks like your site has an issue fetching the javascript files needed for the day/night. It may temporarily fix itself if you disable the feature in the settings. 

I'm fixing this now by fetching this file from a 3rd party CDN instead.

2 hours ago, Larry Kachadorian said:

Hi,

A small issue on install from free version.  Just upgraded to 4.6 ... earlier Member Map disabled.

After 4.6 install completed, in ACP Marketplace paid for and installed Community Map.  Upon Accessing it I get a message requiring an api key ... ok I can get that.

Then  re-reading your comments above, I went via ACP to the settings page and got the import message ... but.... didn't access it immediately and went to another area in ACP.  Now going back I do not get the import option any more, just the option to add the api key.

Definitely don't want to loose all the existing member data ... stuck at this point.

You should see a button on top of the settings page, like this
image.thumb.png.85d9e0641c8bb36b5f68097201e3d348.png

It should be visible even though the API field is empty. No need to fill that out anyway, and that too will be converted from Member Map.

On 6/28/2021 at 10:23 PM, derpunker said:

The new version is online. Thanks for that 🙂 👍

Is it possible to add a check "$memberMarker !== FALSE" here?

grafik.thumb.png.727e016859d312882eef9f8244e740e4.png

If the member has no membermarker, "canView()" crashes because the function is called on a boolean variable.

Thank you very much 🙂

This is technically true. But it would only cause an error if someone were to manually manipulate the URL to fetch a marker that doesn't exist. Fixing this now.

Hi, I wonder if you could help me?  We run a site for a one-brand car club and we have just upgraded the old (disabled) Members Map to the new Community Map.  The import worked great and we have 4 marker groups.  One of the marker groups is for monthly local meet locations, which are arranged and maintained by a special group.  I have enabled all permissions on the marker group for local meets, but the area organisers can only Edit their own created marker.  Which in principle is fine, but we also have some areas where there are two organisers.  Would it be possible to have another permission column which allows members in a group to Edit markers that they've not created, like we can as Admins?

1 hour ago, Westfield Sports Car Club said:

Hi, I wonder if you could help me?  We run a site for a one-brand car club and we have just upgraded the old (disabled) Members Map to the new Community Map.  The import worked great and we have 4 marker groups.  One of the marker groups is for monthly local meet locations, which are arranged and maintained by a special group.  I have enabled all permissions on the marker group for local meets, but the area organisers can only Edit their own created marker.  Which in principle is fine, but we also have some areas where there are two organisers.  Would it be possible to have another permission column which allows members in a group to Edit markers that they've not created, like we can as Admins?

Not able to test this myself right now, but you should be able to do what you want if you set them as moderators for those groups. This is done in the “members” tab of the ACP, where the other moderator stuff is. 

6 hours ago, Westfield Sports Car Club said:

Hmm, I'm not seeing anything that you describe

image.thumb.png.5bda81506e138d25401b6d70dbf0591b.png

That looks like the group permission page. 
Moderators are a bit further down in the sidebar. 
9A933D8F-B2D4-481C-B28C-7210A9A4D667.thumb.jpeg.a9bf623d8fc500ddc8a29b1a29fb4296.jpeg

Lot of missing translations there that I need to fix, but I think you’ll understand what everything is. 

Ok, I did look at that option, but I do not understand what you mean by "if you set them as moderators for those groups".  What option out of the 50+ or so controls just the editing of markers?  I do not want to give them any "moderation" like privileges, that's what moderators are for.

edit: actually, the Administrators section seems to do what you refer to, except that with the following set for the group Area Organisers they still can only edit their own markers

1752075137_Screenshot2021-07-16at22_57_16.thumb.png.7b7020bf56cf40d51588cb412325b59d.png

Edited by Westfield Sports Car Club