Community Map

On 7/16/2021 at 11:50 PM, Westfield Sports Car Club said:

Ok, I did look at that option, but I do not understand what you mean by "if you set them as moderators for those groups".  What option out of the 50+ or so controls just the editing of markers?  I do not want to give them any "moderation" like privileges, that's what moderators are for.

edit: actually, the Administrators section seems to do what you refer to, except that with the following set for the group Area Organisers they still can only edit their own markers

No, the Administrators section is for administrators and permissions in the ACP.

You should do something like this

image.thumb.png.35119d7e62eda2634beefc1a57438b31.png

App the app tabs will appear when you go to the "Content" tab and click "Uncheck all".

You should also go through all the other tabs and remove privileges they shouldn't have.

And no, it wasn't it.  Well, it does allow the Area Organisers to amend markers other than the ones they created themselves, but they are also now able to see private information stored by our members (address info) on their profiles.  Weirdly enough, a moderator itself isn't able to do this, but an AO with only the community map privileges is.  I've had to delete the restricted moderator group for AOs again as that is a big no-no.

38 minutes ago, Westfield Sports Car Club said:

And no, it wasn't it.  Well, it does allow the Area Organisers to amend markers other than the ones they created themselves, but they are also now able to see private information stored by our members (address info) on their profiles.  Weirdly enough, a moderator itself isn't able to do this, but an AO with only the community map privileges is.  I've had to delete the restricted moderator group for AOs again as that is a big no-no.

Without being able to confirm it right now, it does sound to me that they are still added as administrators?

It is the profile fields that are only visible to admins they are seeing, right? I believe everyone that is given access to the ACP can see this info.

Did you also go through all the other tabs in the moderator page unchecking all other privileges?

There is nothing in Community Map that would override this access. 

7 hours ago, Westfield Sports Car Club said:

They were added as Moderators.

The profile fields are set as

image.png.dff6029e37a3dab77d79606f4aa9e733.png

I just logged in as a moderator, and they can see these profile fields as well.  So I just think that this is not going to work for our situation.

I did disable all other tabs, only the Community Map tab was enabled.

image.png

I see. Those fields are shown to admins and moderators regardless of what kind of permissions they have. Not sure why they haven't made a separate moderator permission for this.

I believe you can use this plugin to control this behavior: 

@Adriano Faria Can this plugin be used to remove view permissions on fields set to "show to staff and profile owner"? This members needs a member group to be able to edit markers, but not be able to view these hidden profile fields.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, is there a live instance or a demo of this somwhere.

i may have several use cases for this but i am not sure i can achieve what i want to do. My idea would be to display pages DB records on a map with the users able to browse the map and access records.

it would eb great if DB catgeories could have their own map with only the entries from the category, and even a small map block on each entry page...

4 hours ago, jesuralem said:

Hi there, is there a live instance or a demo of this somwhere.

i may have several use cases for this but i am not sure i can achieve what i want to do. My idea would be to display pages DB records on a map with the users able to browse the map and access records.

it would eb great if DB catgeories could have their own map with only the entries from the category, and even a small map block on each entry page...

There was a site that did what you're trying to do, but looks like he changed his entire site over to Wordpress now.

Community Map can map records from a database if the records have a custom field of the type "Address". You can choose to show that custom field in the record which will give you a mini map there. Community Map will not show anywhere in Pages.

2 hours ago, jesuralem said:

my issue is that most of my records wouldn't necessarily have a real adress. For instance dive spots have a tendancy to be in the middle of the sea 🙂

I don't have an immediate solution in such cases, other than move all records over to Community Map as markers, or create a marker that only contains a link to the record.

4 hours ago, bassangler said:

I'm getting a ton of "Field  doesn't exist" errors.  Everything otherwise is working fine.  What could be causing this error?

This is debug information and you should disable that logging if you don't want your system log filling up with large amounts of irrelevant info. I assume you're also getting a log entry for every single HTTP request made by the site?

Remove the following from your constants.php

define( 'DEBUG_LOG', true );

9 hours ago, bassangler said:

So the "fix" is to disable the error message?  What if I need that for other error messages?  How about we fix the issue that's throwing the error?

This isn't technically an error message, this is debug info used by developers and support staff.

But it makes me wonder why it isn't self-correcting itself, so it may actually point to an underlying issue. In communitymap_markers_groups, can you show me what data is stored in the group_customfields column?

Table structure for table communitymap_markers_groups

Column

Type

Null

group_id

mediumint(9)

No

group_name

varchar(150)

No

group_pin_colour

varchar(7)

No

group_pin_bg_colour

varchar(15)

No

group_pin_icon

varchar(30)

No

group_name_seo

varchar(255)

Yes

NULL

group_protected

tinyint(4)

No

group_type

varchar(10)

No

custom

group_last_marker_id

int(11)

No

group_last_marker_date

int(11)

No

group_position

int(11)

No

group_moderate

tinyint(4)

No

group_queued_items

mediumint(9)

No

group_comment_moderate

tinyint(4)

No

group_allow_comments

tinyint(4)

Yes

group_allow_reviews

tinyint(4)

Yes

group_review_moderate

tinyint(4)

No

group_customfields

text

Yes

NULL

group_layout_grid

tinyint(4)

No

group_layout_image

smallint(6)

Yes

NULL

group_popupfields

text

Yes

NULL

Dumping data for table communitymap_markers_groups

Members

#FFFFFF

darkblue

fa-user

members

NULL

markerData-location,markerData-description_truncated

Edited by bassangler
19 hours ago, bassangler said:

Thank you. Don't understand why this would produce tons of these debug messages. I don't get it when I use your data.

I have however added some more checks there to properly set that field to NULL when it's empty. You can do that yourselves now in order to stop the messages.

UPDATE communitymap_markers_groups SET group_customfields=NULL WHERE group_id=1

• 2 months later...

I have just changed to php 8 and when trying to browse marker groups I get this error 

[[Template communitymap/front/markers/groupRow is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

3 minutes ago, stu_m said:

I have just changed to php 8 and when trying to browse marker groups I get this error 

[[Template communitymap/front/markers/groupRow is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't have PHP 8 installed yet. Could you have a look in the system log in the ACP to see if there is a more detailed error message there?

5 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

I don't have PHP 8 installed yet. Could you have a look in the system log in the ACP to see if there is a more detailed error message there?

I think this issue is deeper than the community map! 

I have just cleared the system cache and the board failed to load totally with a 500 error! 

Changing back to PHP 7 fixed it!