Community Map

10 hours ago, stu_m said:

I think this issue is deeper than the community map! 

I have just cleared the system cache and the board failed to load totally with a 500 error! 

Changing back to PHP 7 fixed it! 

I have identified a PHP 8 issue with the template you mentioned, and a fix for it is about to be submitted. 

On 10/18/2021 at 11:08 AM, stu_m said:

I think this issue is deeper than the community map! 

I have just cleared the system cache and the board failed to load totally with a 500 error! 

Changing back to PHP 7 fixed it! 

The version with the PHP 8 fix was just approved, so you can give this another try now if you want 🙂 

On 10/23/2021 at 10:55 AM, Martin A. said:

The version with the PHP 8 fix was just approved, so you can give this another try now if you want 🙂 

I finally got chance to try this and all works well 

Next problem 😄 How do you force the map to open in the same window when you click on a marker? currently it opens a new window/tab in the browser 

On 10/28/2021 at 12:17 AM, stu_m said:

I finally got chance to try this and all works well 

Next problem 😄 How do you force the map to open in the same window when you click on a marker? currently it opens a new window/tab in the browser 

Edit the template "popupContent" in communitymap > front > map. Remove all occurrences of the following

target='_blank'

That should do it for you 🙂

Do the same in the other *Popup templates in the same folder to change the behavior in other marker types.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, CiberBob said:

Hi,

I hope you are doing well I just updated my forum to 4.6 my community members love to use the map I see I can't update but the map is working do you know when is- what are you doing an update?

Thank you very much

Hello,

Have you purchased this new app? If not, you'd have to do so, as Member Map's last supported version was IPS 4.4. 

You would then install this as a new app, not as an update to Member Map, but do not uninstall Member Map yet! 
After Community Map is installed this will take you trough the importing steps when you view any of the ACP pages for this app. You could go to settings, map manager, categories, doesn't matter, they will all take you to the importer the first time. 

Only after this is done importing your settings and markers can you uninstall Member Map. Doing this before the import will cause data loss.

Hope this answered your questions 🙂 

Well I messed up.  A few months ago, I saw an emailed invoice for Invision Community.  I thought it was for the forum software, which I have on auto-pay. So I didn't pay attention to it.  I just now discovered it was for the renewal for Community Map.

I just tried to pay it, and it said the invoice has expired.  Martin, can you resend me the invoice?  I'll pay it straight away this time! 

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2022 at 7:18 PM, JohnCourt said:

How is Community Map displayed? Does it over ride Member Map? I can find my Member Map page, but not the Community Map. I've imported Member Map data successfully I think, I really won't know till I see the Community Map, if I can find it. Thanks

EDIT: Never mind, found it. 🙂

Just a follow up for those who may have had the same problem as me, the "Community Map" creates a menu tab at time of import and or installation, so go to your menu, and you'll see it.

Thanks Martin for maintaining this application, and yes, it's about time you get paid for it!

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

We have enabled club extention

The club shows on the map within the club

But when we visit the main community map the club does not show.

IE - https://www.walkingfootball.com/communitymap/?filter=showClub&clubId=126

But it does not show on - https://www.walkingfootball.com/communitymap/

Is this correct or is something wrong?

Hello,

Lots of clubs are showing up in your map now, including Barnet WFT 🙂 

Guess this was a caching issue.

Edited by Martin A.
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Is there a way to hide the main dscription field from a particular marker group or place the custom fields above it?

Thanks,

You can do that with a template edit. Let me know how you want it and in which category and I'll give you the complete instructions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been answered previously, however I'm getting several members let us know that they are being placed or marked in areas they are not. Most all are US based, but we have a ton of members who after marking themselves are being placed all over europe and other places. Is this due to the profile sinc and potentially VPN or? I've disabled it for now, but will likely look to reset the whole thing and restart. 

Thank you!

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

Sorry if this has been answered previously, however I'm getting several members let us know that they are being placed or marked in areas they are not. Most all are US based, but we have a ton of members who after marking themselves are being placed all over europe and other places. Is this due to the profile sinc and potentially VPN or? I've disabled it for now, but will likely look to reset the whole thing and restart. 

Thank you!

Yes, this have been brought up before, but that's a long time ago.

This is most likely caused by your members being too vague when writing their location in their profile. It's not a secret that a lot of (smaller) US cities and town have "stolen" their name from cities in Europe. 

If they just write "London" or "Manchester", it may be obvious to you and your members that they mean London, Kentucky and Manchester, Tennessee. The search engine will however return the UK locations, as these are larger.

Have a look at the "Limits the location search to specific countries" setting. You can set this to United States. Believe this will solve this issue for you.

VPN is not an issue, as the IP is not taken into consideration.

7 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

Have a look at the "Limits the location search to specific countries" setting. You can set this to United States. Believe this will solve this issue for you.

Could this be made easier to use? It's a lot of countries (251?) in an un-resizable 5-line scrolling text field.

I might like to select all countries from North America and Europe, and then a few select countries outside of that (New Zealand, Australia, and Japan for sure, South Africa probably, etc.).

It would help things tremendously where someone types something like "Southwestern Texas" and they get some city on the map in some random country in Asia or something. (Not a specific example.)

On 4/4/2022 at 9:07 PM, iacas said:

Could this be made easier to use? It's a lot of countries (251?) in an un-resizable 5-line scrolling text field.

I might like to select all countries from North America and Europe, and then a few select countries outside of that (New Zealand, Australia, and Japan for sure, South Africa probably, etc.).

It would help things tremendously where someone types something like "Southwestern Texas" and they get some city on the map in some random country in Asia or something. (Not a specific example.)

In the next release it will be changed to something like this instead
1f1a70829dc122911bcc630b5d32792c.png

That should be easier to navigate.

Not pushing out an update just for this right now. It'll be part of an upcoming maintenance release.

On 4/4/2022 at 8:56 PM, Martin A. said:

Yes, this have been brought up before, but that's a long time ago.

This is most likely caused by your members being too vague when writing their location in their profile. It's not a secret that a lot of (smaller) US cities and town have "stolen" their name from cities in Europe. 

If they just write "London" or "Manchester", it may be obvious to you and your members that they mean London, Kentucky and Manchester, Tennessee. The search engine will however return the UK locations, as these are larger.

VPN is not an issue, as the IP is not taken into consideration.

Great, that makes sense. I'll mention that and update the locations a bit. We do have members from all over the world, but mainly North America, Europe and some NZ and Australia. 

Thanks again!