Content View Behavior

Can I set this as take me to comments I haven't read by default? I don't want open normally as default, since I've used a hook for the past 4 years to go to latest comment.

Otherwise I've got to ask 1000's of members to physically go into their settings to change it.

Edited by marklcfc

48 minutes ago, DesignzShop said:

When you click into a topic doesn't it automatically take you to the last unread replies? That's the meaning of the "unread replies" line I thought. Maybe I'm not understanding entirely here what you're asking for?

It's defaulting to this, for all members. So every member has to go into this area and physically change it to get it to work how I've had it working for years. I want it to default to Take me to comments I haven't read for all members

content.thumb.jpg.efae7f8c1e52dcd49b422e59b49d2f87.jpg

Edited by marklcfc

2 minutes ago, marklcfc said:

Oh, I didn't know hanks 🙂 Does that change it for existing members?

It doesn’t. I’ve had to put an announcement out for logged in members though direct them to their account settings. 

Would be helpful if we had an option to.

28 minutes ago, day_ said:

It doesn’t. I’ve had to put an announcement out for logged in members though direct them to their account settings. 

Would be helpful if we had an option to.

Well that's annoying.

On 7/4/2020 at 8:31 PM, Ocean West said:

I think you can change default this by using

ACP > Member Settings (Profiles) > Profile Settings > Under Display Settings

489211400_ScreenShot2020-07-04at12_29_13PM.thumb.png.e37fac6fa87c7162a6c733ea290bdc05.png

@bfarberwhy doesn't this affect existing members?

Any way of a query to achieve this if it can't be included in the upgrade process?

• 2 months later...
On 7/7/2020 at 1:00 AM, marklcfc said:

@bfarberwhy doesn't this affect existing members?

Any way of a query to achieve this if it can't be included in the upgrade process?

Is there any update on this...I can't suddenly change the way my site has done it for all this time...I need to set all existing users to the same as they have always had it and then let them decide to change it if they want...please this is urgent

5 hours ago, ibaker said:

Is there any update on this...I can't suddenly change the way my site has done it for all this time...I need to set all existing users to the same as they have always had it and then let them decide to change it if they want...please this is urgent

I thought they’d said it was doing this now. @bfarber?