Connections (Support Topic)

9 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

I see this says - Requires Invision Community 4.5 or higher

When is 4.5 being released and was that requirement for the single feature or the whole app?

The single feature. It will be automatically activated once 4.5 is available. There isn't a release date announced for 4.5 yet but the latest news is in the blog

Just curious, how will you suggest members on "Shared interests?"  

Suggestions:

1. I'd love to see a block that can be both inline to posts (eg. similar to Facebook as you scroll; after X posts) and a normal block for the hot zones.  The one that's inline to posts / gallery images / comments is especially important for mobile.  

2.  Notification for other friends online (eg. "You have 5 friends online including bfarber, Daniel F, and three more").

41 minutes ago, Joel R said:

Just curious, how will you suggest members on "Shared interests?"  

I have two plans, try and compare members that follow the same items. This could be a non starter for performance reasons though so if that is the case I will fall back to the site admin being able to configure a predefined list of subjects that members can choose from.

Suggestions:

1. I'd love to see a block that can be both inline to posts (eg. similar to Facebook as you scroll; after X posts) and a normal block for the hot zones.  The one that's inline to posts / gallery images / comments is especially important for mobile.  

2.  Notification for other friends online (eg. "You have 5 friends online including bfarber, Daniel F, and three more").

3.  Please add usermenu link 

👍

4. [Bug] I have 2 connections with myself?  

Fixed in 1.0.1

5.  When it says I have no connections with a member, invite to follow member.  

👍

6. Menu Manager - has no configuration 

I can't reproduce this. Are you not scrolling to the top of the page after selecting perhaps? That's an IPS4 thing.

8 hours ago, Joel R said:

7.  Connections page - I like "People You May Know" more than the random and new member suggestions, it's much more useful.  

100% agreed.

Also, I had to guess the page link. Which I did 

https://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/index.php?app=connections

Where is that page located in the admin section? When I add it to the navigation, do I include this as an external link and link it that way? 

Anyway, excited to watch how this app unfolds. I think it's super important. 

Don't mind me if I come back continually throughout the week with questions and suggestions 🙂 

9 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

Where is that page located in the admin section? When I add it to the navigation, do I include this as an external link and link it that way? 

This is a bug. The menu item should have been added automatically. I've fixed this and uploaded a new build of 1.0.2. If you re-download, uninstall and re-install using the new 1.0.2 file this should be fixed for you.

4 hours ago, Andy Millne said:

This is a bug. The menu item should have been added automatically. I've fixed this and uploaded a new build of 1.0.2. If you re-download, uninstall and re-install using the new 1.0.2 file this should be fixed for you.

Sweet! I'll add do this this morning. 

Wondering if you had any insight on incorporating the Member Shop Points into this at all or nah? 

Basically, rules that reward members points for following others and for getting followed. 

On 4/26/2020 at 8:14 PM, AlexWebsites said:

This looks really good. When do you anticipate to have geographic location and how will you incorporate that?

When it’s ready 🙂.  I’ve implemented geolocation on a few projects so I’m not expecting any roadblocks. Shouldn’t be long especially if we remain under weekend lockdown. 

4 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

Wondering if you had any insight on incorporating the Member Shop Points into this at all or nah? 

I don’t have any current plans to integrate with member shop points but never say never.  Maybe once I’m through my list of planned features I’ll revisit. Thanks for the suggestion in any case. 

21 hours ago, SammyS said:

Will it work if I use it with the mobile app?

Yes, the mobile app and mobile browser responsive are supported.

On 4/28/2020 at 12:46 AM, Janyour said:

Thats the plugin of the year !

Thanks for this awesome one, waiting for location to purchase !

Location support and similar interests is now included.