Connections (Support Topic)

When Uninstall Connections and install this again, then problem with databasce occur:

UPDATE `connections_member_locations` SET `lat`=0 WHERE `lat` IS NULL;

UPDATE `connections_member_locations` SET `lon`=0 WHERE `lon` IS NULL;

ALTER TABLE `connections_member_locations` CHANGE COLUMN `lat` `lat` DECIMAL (10,8) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'Latitude', CHANGE COLUMN `lon` `lon` DECIMAL (11,8) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'Longitude';

Set this nothing changed. After run Support Tools, occured again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2020 at 3:59 PM, Semenedar said:

When Uninstall Connections and install this again, then problem with databasce occur:

UPDATE `connections_member_locations` SET `lat`=0 WHERE `lat` IS NULL;

UPDATE `connections_member_locations` SET `lon`=0 WHERE `lon` IS NULL;

ALTER TABLE `connections_member_locations` CHANGE COLUMN `lat` `lat` DECIMAL (10,8) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'Latitude', CHANGE COLUMN `lon` `lon` DECIMAL (11,8) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'Longitude';

Set this nothing changed. After run Support Tools, occured again.

Fixed with @Andy Millne

Thanx 🙂

Edited by Semenedar
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there. This app is creating the following error when enabled:

[[Template core/front/profile/profileHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It occurs when viewing a member's profile while not logged in.

https://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/index.php?/profile/1-jordan-miller/

I disabled the app and the error disappeared. Just figured I'd pass along. The IPB team helped me pin point this. 🙏 

Edited by breatheheavy
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

@Andy MillneCould you elaborate further on this setting:

image.thumb.png.78b0befab0aed8018f1affd55f0efe7b.png

How can one utilize this setting above to its full effect? Some illustrative use cases would be appreciated.

How could one utilize this functionality to be able to increase the value of every match made? If this app was used on this site, would I be matched up with everyone that uses the "Meow" reaction. 

What does that say about my interests? Did I express meaningful interest in this topic? If someone else uses the "Meow" reaction a lot, do we share any meaningful interests?

How do you weigh each reaction to determine if someone shares similar interests considering no two sites are likely to use exactly the same ones?

I don't often react to posts here as there isn't really an appropriate reaction available.  Based on that I would unlikely be well matched up with anyone else here.

Has this app been fully tested to be compatible with PHP8 and 4.6.11?

Edited by Chris Anderson
On 3/11/2022 at 2:16 AM, Chris Anderson said:

@Andy MillneCould you elaborate further on this setting:

image.thumb.png.78b0befab0aed8018f1affd55f0efe7b.png

How can one utilize this setting above to its full effect? Some illustrative use cases would be appreciated.

How could one utilize this functionality to be able to increase the value of every match made? If this app was used on this site, would I be matched up with everyone that uses the "Meow" reaction. 

What does that say about my interests? Did I express meaningful interest in this topic? If someone else uses the "Meow" reaction a lot, do we share any meaningful interests?

How do you weigh each reaction to determine if someone shares similar interests considering no two sites are likely to use exactly the same ones?

I don't often react to posts here as there isn't really an appropriate reaction available.  Based on that I would unlikely be well matched up with anyone else here.

Has this app been fully tested to be compatible with PHP8 and 4.6.11?

It matches cases where multiple users leave positive reputation on the same content. The more content you both like the more the algorithm will weight you as having similar interests.

For example if you and I both like the same five topics we will be more likely to show to each other than someone else that has only liked two of the same topics.

The algorithm does not distinguish between different reaction types. It responds to all positive reactions regardless of the specific reaction given. e.g. you may react with a "like" and I may react with "haha" but as they are both positive interactions then the chance of us sharing similar interests is higher.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...