Connections (Support Topic)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@Andy Millne Unfortunately, when I upgrade to 1.3.1 the site goes offline:

Could contain: Page, Text

I also got a message from Plesk that the site is offline.  So whatever change you made is not playing well with the site.  I disabled the app and things go back to normal.  Reenabled it and things go amiss.  I also cleared the system caches. 

No errors are being logged in the ACP and the PHP8 Compatability Scanner notes no problems.

I went ahead and disabled your app on my test server while waiting for you to figure out what needs to be fixed.  Plesk sent me an email that the site is back online.

Edited by Chris Anderson
On 3/14/2022 at 7:59 AM, Andy Millne said:

It matches cases where multiple users leave positive reputation on the same content. The more content you both like the more the algorithm will weight you as having similar interests.

For example if you and I both like the same five topics we will be more likely to show to each other than someone else that has only liked two of the same topics.

The algorithm does not distinguish between different reaction types. It responds to all positive reactions regardless of the specific reaction given. e.g. you may react with a "like" and I may react with "haha" but as they are both positive interactions then the chance of us sharing similar interests is higher.

@Andy Millne I do not see any tasks created that relate to this app.  Did you add additional functionality to an existing task?  If so which one? 

I'm trying to gauge the impact this app might have on a server.  If you have a site with tens of thousands of members all reacting positively to each other how will that impact a site's CPU, memory, and database size?

If a particular member gets a bunch of new likes from other members today how long will it take before they show up in "Similar Interests"?

38 minutes ago, Chris Anderson said:

@Andy Millne I do not see any tasks created that relate to this app.  Did you add additional functionality to an existing task?  If so which one? 

I'm trying to gauge the impact this app might have on a server.  If you have a site with tens of thousands of members all reacting positively to each other how will that impact a site's CPU, memory, and database size?

If a particular member gets a bunch of new likes from other members today how long will it take before they show up in "Similar Interests"?

The similar interests uses the indexed core_reputation_index table, it doesn't use a task. I've tested this on some very large data sets and don't see any big performance hits that require it to be pushed off to a task. It means the data is real time too.