Member Map

7 hours ago, VR6Pete said:

Upgraded all working great!

Would be great if there was a method to automatically take the location field data from the profile and place a marker on the map or a notice to encourage users to enter a location in the location map.

Adding all existing members based on the location field will cause a significant increase of API calls to the location service in use. To do this you would either have to sign up for your own API keys, which I wanted to avoid for ease of use, or find a service which allows more or unlimited calls per month.

A notification widget is planned, both to have members verify their location and to add on if they haven't already. This has not been done yet as I'm still not sure how to present it to the users.

3 hours ago, broni said:

Is it possible to add total number of members who are shown on the map?

That can be done.

Is there anyway to import map locations from a regular google map? 

I appreciate these would not be linked to any profile, but trying to work around an existing manually produced google map with lots of markers on.

We can either just mothball it and get people to sign up from new with their locations or we can try and import.

I guess if we did import we would want the layer of these hideable by members / admin.

Thanks for all the work @Martin A. it is great :)

Just added myself.

However I can't edit my marker now - nothing happens when I click edit marker (option is showing as available to edit)

In case it helps, I did the following...

installed, added myself via auto-detect. Showing as 'green'.

Couldn't edit, so altered permissions including making admins red. Obviously I stayed green as not updated.

Tried to update location and nothing. No pop-up or anything. Checked in both custom and default theme.

Not too sure what I am missing from things to make it function.

Many thanks :)

On other item / suggestion

1) Custom markers are great, however as we have a selectable 'members' on the map, it would be great to show each Marker Group as separate items.

Therefore people can hide 'members' and just show one or more custom groups.

2) If members change groups can the map be updated to show their new member group colour? Might already be done, but would be great if possible, so we do not have ex-staff showing as red for example.

7 hours ago, .Ian said:

On other item / suggestion

1) Custom markers are great, however as we have a selectable 'members' on the map, it would be great to show each Marker Group as separate items.

Therefore people can hide 'members' and just show one or more custom groups.

2) If members change groups can the map be updated to show their new member group colour? Might already be done, but would be great if possible, so we do not have ex-staff showing as red for example.

1. That too is on the list. However, I don't think they'll be in the same marker cluster as members, so custom markers will no longer be clustered.

2. The color will update once the server cache is rewritten (doable from the Admin Tools menu, or every time a marker is added/edited/deleted).

5 hours ago, .Ian said:

Thanks.

The right click method works, but not the menu.

As in "The menu doesn't show" or "the popup doesn't show"?

Thanks for updating the application to IPB4

I treid to add custom markers, but I don't get how to add them...if I use "Show on map" and "select" => nothing happens and it seems like I don't get the syntax right, to add locations manually

is this broken or am I doing something wrong?

10 hours ago, ThomasS said:

Thanks for updating the application to IPB4

I treid to add custom markers, but I don't get how to add them...if I use "Show on map" and "select" => nothing happens and it seems like I don't get the syntax right, to add locations manually

is this broken or am I doing something wrong?

If you type something in the location field, does it show an autocomplete search list like Google?

Let me know your OS and browser versions, and I'll look into it.

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

How many members do you suspect this could manage?  On one site I have about 10 people on the map.  On my other site I have over 10,000 members.  Most of them are old and inactive members, but what if 1,000 of them used it?

Thanks to the clustering, 10.000 members on the map shouldn't be a problem. Have a look at this app, which is pretty much the same in the backend, that have 2600 markers on the map. Or even this 50.000 example, provided by the developers of the cluster plugin.

1 hour ago, Martin A. said:

Thanks to the clustering, 10.000 members on the map shouldn't be a problem. Have a look at this app, which is pretty much the same in the backend, that have 2600 markers on the map

Yes - can confirm it is working excellent :) I just also reinstalled Membermap 4 yesterday on my site and it had more than 700 markers http://www.fjellforum.no/membermap/

There is one error with updating position after plotting it - think it is reported before?

4 hours ago, Martin A. said:

Thanks to the clustering, 10.000 members on the map shouldn't be a problem. Have a look at this app, which is pretty much the same in the backend, that have 2600 markers on the map. Or even this 50.000 example, provided by the developers of the cluster plugin.

Thanks, I suspect there will be nowhere near 10,000.  Maybe 1,000 but that will take a long time.

20 hours ago, Martin A. said:

If you type something in the location field, does it show an autocomplete search list like Google?

Let me know your OS and browser versions, and I'll look into it.

I've tried it with IE 11.1.x and Chrome 48.0.x on Windows10 - If I enter anything in AdminCP at Location, there are no kind of suggestions

If I can give you some more information to debug, just hit me

(i just uninstalled and reinstalled the member map, no difference)

Edited by ThomasS
31 minutes ago, ThomasS said:

I've tried it with IE 11.1.x and Chrome 48.0.x on Windows10 - If I enter anything in AdminCP at Location, there are no kind of suggestions

If I can give you some more information to debug, just hit me

(i just uninstalled and reinstalled the member map, no difference)

Do you see any errors in the Console (If you know to see them)?

hello, I would have one suggestion, would it be worth thinking of having the markers clustering optional? I have only say 50 records in a map and when clustered they look like 5 - the map looks empty, while i would rather prefer to chose them all, to show there is activity on the map.

1 minute ago, svit said:

hello, I would have one suggestion, would it be worth thinking of having the markers clustering optional? I have only say 50 records in a map and when clustered they look like 5 - the map looks empty, while i would rather prefer to chose them all, to show there is activity on the map.

I can probably do that. With that being the only setting, just need to find a way to present it.