Member Map

9 hours ago, MarekM60 said:

Have some trouble:

IPS 4.1.8.1, membermap 3.0.2

Installation was ok, no errors. Main menu - Member Map added. Permissions for group and users added.

No map option in user profile and EX02 without additional info when Member Map selected from menu (no map display)

Is it necessary to setup some more options?

(on page designer (left menu) - no member map modules)

The map will only appear in the users profile once they've added their location to the map. 

There are no widgets for this app yet, so nothing will appear in the page designer.

Send me your URL, and I'll look at the EX02 error.

7 hours ago, Bill Edwards said:

I am trying to add a custom marker by selecting from the map. How do I pick a location?

Should be as simple as clicking on the map to drop a marker pin. Once that's dropped you can fine tune the location by dragging it around.

I did the upgrade (IPB4) yesterday and upgraded to 3.0.2 =>  worked perfectly for some time, but then I had to change the "board_url" in the conf_global file due to ip.content issues.

Since that change, I do only get this error when I try to access the membermap:

The page you requested does not exist Error code: 2S100/6

I have like 70+ migrated custom entries in the map and it worked fine.... any chance to save it without reinstalling?

(all I do to access is using the link via the menu manager, which is directing to the Membermap) - this was availbale on community.domain.com/membermap and should be available now through www.domain.com/community/membermap => first it was OK, after the change it throws this error

any ideas? (already recached all)

add: this is not just a plain 404 error

a 404 would be: "Cannot find the page you requested Error code: 2T187/2"

Edited by ThomasS
17 minutes ago, Phille said:

@ ThomasS, I can't find the membermap tab? Are you sure installation was ok?

pv-error-mm-01.thumb.PNG.3617e83869028e9

yes, i disabled the member map link in the navigation (just visible for administrators) so I don't get so many messages from the community about a not working functionality ;)

but there was no error during installation and it showed up properly in the navigation bar... you can see the difference in the error message between:

https://www.parkour-vienna.at/community/membermap/
https://www.parkour-vienna.at/community/membermapNOTEXISTING/

there is something, but I don't get why it's not working anymore after the conf_global change.. there is also nothing in the error logs nor javascript console

Edited by ThomasS
4 hours ago, Phille said:

If URL changed maybe you should also changes API key ...

The default key works on all sites, regardless of URL. I do however encourage all users to get their own key.

3 hours ago, ThomasS said:

got a new key from MapQuest (for this URL) => no difference :(

I think I know what's going on. No default module has been set.

Go to ACP -> Applications, click on the "Member Map" row to make it expand the module(s), then click the star next to the row that should appear to make it the default one.
Applications.thumb.png.b76b9823a004e72ed

If that doesn't work, I may need ACP, and maybe FTP, access to figure this out for you.

I made it a default app (and cleared cache afterwards) => still not working :(

btw. yesterday when I cleared the cache there was a message that I should execute these commands:

UPDATE `ip_membermap_members` SET `member_id`=0 WHERE `member_id` IS NULL;ALTER TABLE `ip_membermap_members` CHANGE COLUMN `member_id` `member_id` MEDIUMINT (8) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT '';

now it disappeared... i guess because I uninstalled and re-installed the application.. ? (didn't execute it yet)

any more ideas what to do ?

1 hour ago, jucs said:

I installed this...where does it show up exactly. I marked Member Map per the instructions.  Thanks.

I think you'll have to add it to the main navigation using the Menu Manager in the ACP.  Then go to ACP > Members > Groups, click the "Edit" icon next to each member group to grant permissions to add, edit and/or delete personal markers.

17 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

I think you'll have to add it to the main navigation using the Menu Manager in the ACP.  Then go to ACP > Members > Groups, click the "Edit" icon next to each member group to grant permissions to add, edit and/or delete personal markers.

I only see permissions for Form, Calendar, and Gallery. Nothing for Member Map. No one can edit their location once placed now. Members already gave that feedback and I tested it too and I cannot even edit my location as Admin.

7 hours ago, jucs said:

I only see permissions for Form, Calendar, and Gallery. Nothing for Member Map. No one can edit their location once placed now. Members already gave that feedback and I tested it too and I cannot even edit my location as Admin.

If that's what you're seeing, you clicked the "Permissions" icon, not "Edit".

Groups.png

Administrators.png

3 hours ago, MarekM60 said:

Is there any way to automatic add user location based on IP?

I requested this a long time ago. Seems like a good idea to me.

Also, how about nag of some sort for users that were already added prior to Maps being setup. The nag would have a button to actually add their present IP location. Once the nag has been responded to and the user added, the nag would never appear again.

4 hours ago, mesteele101 said:

I requested this a long time ago. Seems like a good idea to me.

Also, how about nag of some sort for users that were already added prior to Maps being setup. The nag would have a button to actually add their present IP location. Once the nag has been responded to and the user added, the nag would never appear again.

It can be done by simple task from ACP side: scan users and their locations -> if (location is set by user = do nothing) else set location for last known IP of user

Edited by MarekM60

But you also have to think about those users who don't want their public location exposed. Then this would have to be an opt-in feature, which is kind of pointless as it takes the same amount of time to manually add themselves. So I'm saying no to automatically put users on the map based on their IP address (which is a very inaccurate too). But it's definitely possible to add such a task with a plugin, so you're free to get a developer to make it for you.