Member Map

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I installed this application, but do not see a member map tab or link of any sort anywhere. I also don't seem to be allowed to post anything on his support forum. I'm not sure what the purpose was in making an account on there if you can't post anything.

Edited by dspdrew
39 minutes ago, dspdrew said:

I installed this application, but do not see a member map tab or link of any sort anywhere. I also don't seem to be allowed to post anything on his support forum. I'm not sure what the purpose was in making an account on there if you can't post anything.

Did you read the requirements? :thumbsup:

if ( ! \IPS\IN_DEV )
{
	$errors[] = "Not suitable for public use. Will not properly install/upgrade";
}

On Monday, November 9, 2015 7:26:19, Noni said:

is the project on GitHub working?

The programmer left some screen shots running on V4, but it is nowhere stable enough for prime time, according to the programmer. It appears to be a pretty big project. I'm betting it mostly had to be written from scratch.

This will be a major application that can be added to the majority of websites. I just hope the programmer goes far enough in implementing the necessary features to make it al all inclusive utility that will bring in the users country map/name into full display throughout the core, including the option to automatically add the new validated users country of origin based on their geolocation where the account is created. Also something that reminds (nags) existing users that they need to be added by selecting 'Yes' and the reminder goes away...

This is one of those apps that would be worth paying for if it gets enough features added... :)

• 1 month later...

I've had a look through the posts, but I can find a way for the location to automatically added to the topic view?

Seen some forums in authorpane Location: Canada  - The Canada would be a link which takes you straight to a map be it google or bing.
Is this possible to do? Using Member Map  v2.0.1

Edited by Dean_
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to have the thread restarted so support can start fresh with IPB 4.x and not include support for 3.x. Possibly a new version should have its own new file download which would start the support thread from scratch.

It appears that the basic usage is pretty much as 3.x. Is it possible to request custom programming to include specific options?

1) I'd like to be able to add an option at the new user application that would display Location; and either allow them to manually add their location or add it automatically by detecting GPS and display that in the location field in the new user registration. Admin sets the choice.

2) I'd like to be able to select a nag screen for those existing users that have not set their location. Alternately possibly automatically setting the location in place of the nag screen.

3) Setting the location where the server is located at

Thanks...

this may have been asked before but i am viewing this on my phone so my ability to look back is limited.

is it possible to have a different coloured pin depending on the IPB member group the poster is in?

for example on one of my board installations i have different groups for volunteers, area co-ordinators and establishments and it would be handy to be able to differentiate them by having a different coloured pin for each group. that way an establishment could see whch volunteers were near them and who their nearest co-ordinator was etc.

cheers

2 hours ago, Phille said:

That's it! Thanks m8 ;)

But drag & drop location doesn't work ... every changement is followed by a "zoom-out" and one have to zoom in :( and reset the location.

There is no drag&drop feature. If you want to edit your location, you do it from the "My Location" menu, or right click on the map where you want your new location to be and select "Edit Location".

36 minutes ago, RyPingu said:

this may have been asked before but i am viewing this on my phone so my ability to look back is limited.

is it possible to have a different coloured pin depending on the IPB member group the poster is in?

for example on one of my board installations i have different groups for volunteers, area co-ordinators and establishments and it would be handy to be able to differentiate them by having a different coloured pin for each group. that way an establishment could see whch volunteers were near them and who their nearest co-ordinator was etc.

cheers

Yes, you can alter this by editing the member group in the ACP.

Edited by Martin A.